Is the Dreamline reliable? Good?

Hey all, 

I just put up a post asking for a reliable, accurate, quite gun and got great feedback: thanks! However, I was leaning toward the Dreamline, and only 1 person recommended it. It gets such a good review from Hardair:

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/fx-dreamlite-air-rifle-test-review-22-caliber/

I am wondering are guns like the Taipan just better, is there something not as good about the Dreamline that Hardair doesn't really get into, etc...?

Thanks again?

I've had a .22 calibre Dreamline Classic for about a year and a half. It has a 500 mm barrel and is tuned to shoot JSB Hades pellets. it is superbly accurate, reliable and quiet (with the optional Donny FL moderator). I've had absolutely no failures or broken parts. The barrel mounting is less than robust in my opinion. I had shifts in POI when ever I removed the moderator. I installed an Ernest Rowe's carbon fiber tensioning shroud and that solved the problem, no more shifting POI. The Dreamline is a great pellet gun. In my opinion it is under powered for shooting slugs.

I have a .22 dreamtact and I have NEVER had an issue with a single thing on it.

Its so accurate I hit hole in hole regularly. 

Above post is correct about POI change with a moderator.

I couldn't be happier with it, its become kind of a safe queen gun every since I got my Leshiy 2. But when my Leshiy is down with O ring failure I'm packing the FX.

I have a Dreamline Classic in .25. I got the .25 due to the longer barrel and larger air cylinder. I also have a 600mm .22 barrel for it. I also have a Dream Tac Compact in .22 and .177. The lever cocking action of the Dreamlines are the lightest and smoothest action of all the side lever air guns I own. That are both very accurate, regardless of the caliber I'm shooting. I've had the Dreamline Classic for about 2 years and the Dream Tac Compact for about a year, both have been trouble free and very reliable. I would definitely recommend any of the Dreamline series.

The DL is a very high quality air rifle. It’s design is more simple that the Impacts and Mavericks, but every bit as adjustable. It’s action is smoother. You won’t be able to squeeze as much power from them, but enough to make them interesting. The price is much more attractive too. It’s available in countless variations including a wood stock for those of us that are traditionalists. You can’t go wrong with them. 

These are my thoughts:

4.1641871891.jpg

Reactions: Chichi
I think that jps2486 probably provided the most succinct description of the Dreamline line's attributes. I think that I have had them all in the past, the Lite, Classic, Tact and Pup. My wife still shoots a Classic in a laminate stock, and I think that I still have a Tact Compact, although I haven't seen that gun for a while since a buddy is enjoying it currently.

All of my Dreamlines have been issue-free, enjoyable to tune and very accurate. Generally they make some good power - just don't expect too much power out of the Compacts due to their short barrels. Physics and all, you know.

I believe that the factory is putting Power Plenums on all of them now, and these definitely make a difference. It is nice to get the power (muzzle velocity) you need at a lower regulator setting, so you have more full power shots per fill.

The Dreamlines aren't as new and sexy as many other guns, and maybe they can't all make the power to push heavy projectiles to supersonic speeds. But they are well designed, well built, versatile and effective airguns which shoot accurately without too much fuss. And as such, nobody does too much shouting about them.

Dreamline simply can’t be touched at the price!!! No other gun at that price point offers the quality, power, accuracy, adjustability and flexibility of changing it into anything you want it to be. It’s value is night and day better than anything out there, it’s not even remotely close! It definitely can be argued dreamline is a much better value than even rest of the FX line up by a country mile and this is from someone who owned all of the current models. As stated by others unless you want crazy power the Dreamline is Unbeatable in value, down right unbelievable if you take a closer look at the so called competitions which all are one trick pony at best. 

I have a dreamline tac for a year and a half and no problems with the gun

bought the 17,22,and 25 cal barrel kits, the 25 shoots lights out with heavy pellets and slugs

bought the 17 kit, just didn't think the 17 had enough oomph for hunting, so I bought the 22 for a compromise

then farted around with the barrel and shroud on the 22 and was not happy , added a CF sleeve and additional barrel supports

the whole experiment didn't work

finally brought it back to stock, switched back to the old scope and it has been very accurate ever since, 

shooting 21.14 grain pellets at 850fps and it is super, 

I swapped the barrel on my Dream Classic today, put the .22 barrel on it and it's shooting the 25.39 grain Monsters at an average 916 FPS and it's stacking them pellet on pellet! The versatility and flexibility of these rifles are amazing.

I concur

Says the guy that has a dedicated Dreamline for every single caliber…….🤣🤣🤣

Bought a Dreamline Classic in .22 last year June.

Had two issues not too long after I received it (about 500 odd pellets shot by then).

The M3 screw holding the cocking lever in the action fell out and was lost (Item 60 on the Dreamline basic diagram) - this is a special screw and the local agent did not have any spares. While I waited for them to get me a spare I made one which I now keep as a spare, but I have used a bit of Locktite on the replacement to make sure this does not happen again. Local agent has never seen this happen before, hence not having spares.

The M3 x 18 cap screw which holds the cocking handle on the cocking lever also came out without me noticing or was never there - I replaced this with a standard M3 x 18 cap screw and used Locktite on that as well.

Mine had the power plenum installed when I received it (I did not order it extra it was apparently standard when I bought it).

It is super accurate, light and I really enjoy it. No POI shift issues unless I fiddle with it.