• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is the DonnyFL Tatsu more effective than the DonnyFL FX version?

Looking for another silencer and was wondering is the Tatsu was slightly more effective than the Donny FX version. Also, if anyone has knowledge of the Fat boy in comparison as well. FYI, I have a Sumo and a Huggett Astille already, but looking for something shorter. I've had the Belitia, theTanto, and the ODB 110, and none are more effective than the Donny FX version. 

This is on a .25cal 500mm Crown running 45 foot pounds. 

Thanks

What do you mean by "effective"?

Percieved noise reduction to the shooter will be different than side/down range with each these different moderators. Each one can also effect POI and size of groups(accuracy) differently because of the different weight at the end of your shroud, changing barrel harmonics.

Also, each of these different moderators CAN "sound" and affect accuracy differently at different FPEs.

I have used all 3 in .22 and .25. The Tatsu and FX models are quieter than the Fat Boy, which is odd since the Fat Boy appears to have more volume. As for the difference between the FX and Tatsu, I would think the FX would be a tad quieter just because the dimensions are a tad larger, but I can’t tell the difference. Maybe in a lab with some sophisticated equipment you might be able to show where one is quieter than the other, but to my uncalibrated ears, I can’t tell the difference! If you want something that is quieter than both the Tatsu and FX, check out the Huma Air MOD30 and MOD40 LDCs, they are quieter to my uncalibrated, old ears!

Reactions: hristoss
I have used all 3 in .22 and .25. The Tatsu and FX models are quieter than the Fat Boy, which is odd since the Fat Boy appears to have more volume. As for the difference between the FX and Tatsu, I would think the FX would be a tad quieter just because the dimensions are a tad larger, but I can’t tell the difference. Maybe in a lab with some sophisticated equipment you might be able to show where one is quieter than the other, but to my uncalibrated ears, I can’t tell the difference! If you want something that is quieter than both the Tatsu and FX, check out the Huma Air MOD30 and MOD40 LDCs, they are quieter to my uncalibrated, old ears!

Great answer! Thank you very much. It made a lot of since. I have heard from others on here the same thing about the Huma Air silencers. 

Check your exit hole diameter also.

Both of these Tantos were listed as .177/.22 size. The smaller(6.4mm) exit hole is NOTICABLY quieter(from shooter perspective AND from the side/downrange and produces tighter groups:

1210212114a.1650836418.jpg

1210212114.1650836464.jpg