Is the beeman r9 /hw95 an all around springer?

That’s what I asked when I got my HW90 .20 in Jan. I said I would buy if you have 5 tins. Got them. I did the same when I got the R9. There’s 10 tins. Last week I was scanning for rounds found 20 small tins of H+N’s. Just received yesterday. I’ll go through a sm. tin today. Crow
yes love .20 but concerns about availability and variety of pellets available.

Honesty, I think it all comes down to realistic expectations with any caliber spring gun. If i can get to a 1" group with any of my guns i will be very happy with that as not easy w any gun. Seriously, that is seriously accurate w/ any gun. I'm talking bench shooting naturally.

Best to you all spring gunners out there

Honesty, I think it all comes down to realistic expectations with any caliber spring gun. If i can get to a 1" group with any of my guns i will be very happy with that as not easy w any gun. Seriously, that is seriously accurate w/ any gun. I'm talking bench shooting naturally.

Best to you all spring gunners out there
1" groups at what distance?

thanks to all, i readed all your comments, but i decided to a hw97 in .177 from krale.

I hope had choose well.

Again thanks.
shoot straight

View attachment 279404

Great choice, congrats. My .177 hw97k has been on a lot of successful hunts. Mine is setup to shoot at 12fpe and is very capable out to 40 yards. Enjoy the new gun.

R

Reactions: Betohunter
Hello friends of AGN.
As my post says, is the r9/hw95 an all around rifle?
If for you the answer is yes, in what caliber?

I want to buy one capable of dispatching pigeons, rabbits, quail and squirrels, and occasional field or silhouette target shooting.
I accept suggestions.

Thanks friends.
I own more powerful airguns, but my old R9 in 177 has killed a pile of crows, pigeons, squirrels, groundhogs, and ferral cats over the years. It's a great all around rifle.

I'd say try one if you can before buying. Wish I did. Sold my r9 within a couple months.

R9177may2021b.jpg

EDIT: Ah, I now see ya got the HW97. Keep us posted!

I have a new R9 (0.177 cal) coming from Airgun Depot later this week. The only break barrel I have is Benji Trail Nitro 2 in 0.22 cal and I've never been too happy with it. Lucky to get 1" at 25 yards with it. The trigger is horribly inconsistent with respect to the second stage:cautious:. From all I've heard about the R9/HW95 I don't think I'll regret this purchase.

I finally got my HW95 shooting decent. It started as a .22 but would spray 5" groups at 20 yards with about every pellet. I even got it tuned by motorhead and it continued to behave that way.
Last week I put a .177 barrel on it, and immediately went and shot 3 nice groups of about half an inch at 25 yards. Looking forward to getting it broken in now!