Is the beeman r9 /hw95 an all around springer?

Sunday morning plinking with my HW95L.

zkoYdgom.jpg

Yeah, this thread’s been dormant a few days but I finally got a chrono and a brief period of dry weather. Used my HW95 to test the chrono. About 200 pellets through it, I was surprised to find it’s making 16 FPE with JSB 15.89. And super accurate. Still my favorite of everything we own.
Do you have any FTTs you can run through your 95? I'd be interested in how their energy compares to the energy of the 15.89 JSBs.

Do you have any FTTs you can run through your 95? I'd be interested in how their energy compares to the energy of the 15.89 JSBs.
Just got some in a few days ago because so many people talk them up and the H&N pellets are money in my .177 Dianas. I just need enough of a break in the rain to test them out. Sometime this week I hope.

So the H&N FTT 14.66 gr 5.33 mm pellets made about 1 FPE more than the JSB 15.89 at the muzzle today. Rain came before I got to try the 5.54 mm or do any accuracy testing. Will try that later.

Side note, Kim’s HW50S made 2 FPE more with the H&N FTT over the JSB Jumbo RS 13.89. But my 95 was making 16+ FPE with the FTT and her 50 was under 12. Was under 10 with the JSB. I expected more from that gun in .22. I see a lot of people rave about it and it’s maneuverable and it’s hella accurate. But it’s harder to cock, has a lot more buzz, and a lot less power than my 95. She loves it but it’s my least favorite of our German guns. Need to get her to put more pellets through and see if shot cycle smooths out and power comes up a little.

Reactions: fishing43
I don't have nor have ever shot a 95, but I have a relatively new 98, which I understand is the same gun but with a barrel shroud for added weight, a moderator, and an adjustable cheekpiece. From my standpoint it is a great rifle for offhand shooting, slightly muzzle heavy which makes it hold more steady for me. If they had only made it for open sights.

I don't have nor have ever shot a 95, but I have a relatively new 98, which I understand is the same gun but with a barrel shroud for added weight, a moderator, and an adjustable cheekpiece. From my standpoint it is a great rifle for offhand shooting, slightly muzzle heavy which makes it hold more steady for me. If they had only made it for open sights.
HW95 Luxus comes with iron sights. I believe the standard version does as well. N + 1 ;)

Reactions: Betohunter
HW95 Luxus comes with iron sights. I believe the standard version does as well. N + 1 ;)
Yep, the standard 95 comes with open sights. Been changed a bit since then but my HW95 .22 started life as the standard version. and was my very first HW 6 years ago when AoA had them new for an absolute steal at $299.99. I still have that standard stock very carefully wrapped and stored if I ever want to return mine to original.
HW95 Luxus and the Beeman R9 are the same rifle except for the brand badging on them, although there was a time when they made the R9's with no open sights and they were scope only rifles. My R9 .20 is one of those.
When they went back to putting open sights on those R9's, HW ran with the idea and came out with their HW95 Field Pro. No open sights but they did include a Weihrauch branded scope in the package but you paid/pay more since it's a just short of $600 rifle when AoA actually has any...lol.