Is something wrong in this picture?

Ordered an Akela from Crosman Monday just opened the box. Paperwork says Akela and that's what I was charged for. This is what I got.??
16129783542523925198743028691968.1612978392.jpg

Save the bullpups for when your budget allows for extra guns in your inventory. They are fun and fill a niche but it’s always nice to have a good conventional rifle for a lazy day of shooting. I don’t care what anyone says, you have to convince yourself you like a bullpup. Give any diehard bullpup guy a conventional rifle and he will shoot it better. When we start seeing bullpups winning 1,000yrd competitions, I will retract my statement.

Bullpups are excellent for shooting free hand and the main reason I use them is because I hunt from a blind often. When I use long guns the game always sees or hears me attempting to put it into position. Bullpups are not the best at bench shooting but they are serviceable. The main thing you are giving up is the trigger. Bullpup triggers have a linkage that connects from the trigger to the hammer in the butt stock so they end up feeling spongy and weird. The Kratos will have a crisper and better trigger. The Kratos will be a better gun for bench shooting and plinking around that being said the bullpup would be a better hunter and invaluable if you are blind hunting. 

I don't have a Kratos, kinda wanted a bull pup style. Was going to save till I could get a bigger dollar bottle gun. Why do you think the Kratos is better than the Akela? Just got into PCP's last fall when covid shut down the range I used. Got the bug bad, really like shooting at home.

In my opinion it’s not a better gun. Some people don’t like bullpups. But there’s quite a few people that do. I never owned one until I bought the Akela.And honestly didn’t really care for it a lot At first. But after shooting it More then I started to like it. It’s just personal preference mostly. Don’t let people sway your interest or opinion. I would at least shoot it and see how I like it But if you’re really set on a bullpup Just send it back. And actually the trigger is pretty good. I’m keeping my Akela And my next purchase is going to either be a FX dreamline or a Daystate Huntsman.Just curious if you were hand pumping or do you have a compressor? That will help you make up your mind right there.If I ever decide to get another bull pup,I’m going to get one that’s a little bit lighter and shorter.

It's kind of strange that another customer in your original thread in the PCP Discussion also received a Kratos when he ordered an Akela. I can see it happening once but twice? The shipping department at Crosman needs to replace that employee who's sending out the wrong orders. I see it as a big inconvenience.

I agree. Sometimes companies hire inexperienced people to pick orders. The person was either in a big hurry to meet their quota for the day or couldn’t read or may be drunk. But mistakes do happen. I read the original post and didn’t see the other person get theirs with the same problem. I just seen this poster show his in the original post. Unless I missed something.

I got the bug bad. Bought a used scoped stormryder and a bottle when I visited Baker Airguns, Dennis could sell an Eskimo ice cubes. I now have an Avenger and compressor also. My shooting is 95 % paper and possibly the squirrel that raids the peach trees. My other thread was Akela pointers. My range is short, 25 yards, so a bullpup isn't a good bench gun. Was going to return, now maybe not so much. Box is open but haven't taken it out, staring at it, I'll decide in the morning. 

It's kind of strange that another customer in your original thread in the PCP Discussion also received a Kratos when he ordered an Akela. I can see it happening once but twice? The shipping department at Crosman needs to replace that employee who's sending out the wrong orders. I see it as a big inconvenience.

Twice in a row on the same model of gun and order sounds like the computer at Crosman is not right. The computer has the SKU on the box wrong. The shipping employee is going to a location on the shelf and looking for a number that matches what they are supposed to be pulling, but is not verifying the actual contents of the box being a particular model of gun.

I agree. Sometimes companies hire inexperienced people to pick orders. The person was either in a big hurry to meet their quota for the day or couldn’t read or may be drunk. But mistakes do happen. I read the original post and didn’t see the other person get theirs with the same problem. I just seen this poster show his in the original post. Unless I missed something.

Look at the last post by alleycatter...

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/akela-pointers/?referrer=1