Tuning Is my Impact m3 powered out?

Hey guys sorry if this is a dumb question but does anyone know what’s going on with my gun? I’ve reached a point where my power wheel and micro wheel aren’t really doing anything it’s like maybe I’ve hit the max for my gun in .25 it’s at 78.5 FT Lbs with the NSA 36.2g. I’ve got the gun set up as follows:

1st reg 155 bar, 2nd reg 140 bar, valve return spring at 11.5mm, power wheel 16 micro wheel at 4.5 trying to shoot 36.2g NSA slugs.

so when I was out I could try the power wheel on anything from 1-16 and I had 988 FPS it would not change. The micro wheel also had no change until I was around 3 then I got it to drop to 970 FPS and would slowly start to see my changes. I was guessing my reg pressure was maybe too low for the heavier slugs and that’s why the hammer wasn’t changing anything bc I’m already tapped out. But that’s just a guess I really have no clue. The manual says the .35 cal uses 130-135 bar so I feel like I should be plenty high enough on the reg for just the .25 cal but maybe there’s something I’m missing. The gun was shooting 3/4 groups at 50 yards so the accuracy is still there but I want to try tuning it to get it to shoot one hole at 50 or close to.

anyways thanks for your time and any help or advice you have for me its greatly appreciated, I’m going to try get out again tomorrow and do some more troubleshooting and hopefully get it figured out. 

Nate.

I don’t know how I can have too much hammer I had it all the way down to 1 and It didn’t change anything. But I will try increasing the pressure tomorrow maybe up to 150 or 160 but as I get higher I notice it’s not as consistent bc the first reg starts to creep a lot more if I go over 150, like set at 160 if I let it sit it will build to 180. Does it maybe have something to do with the valve return spring as well? I see other people are open to an imaginary 6th line when the manual says not to go past 1.5 turns past line 4 so about 5 lines out but I haven’t really been reading anything about people playing much with that one so not sure if it really matters for what I have going on. 

...maybe I’ve hit the max for my gun in .25 it’s at 78.5 FT Lbs with the NSA 36.2g.... I had 988 FPS ...

First I must say "the speed is not your friend" but that is fine, you just want to see what is a max your gun can deliver.

And to get you higher numbers that will cost you $$$ + time to play + some internal machining + $$$ to find a best liner and slug match.

Are you ready to go that way?

It toke me two winters = best way to tinker over winter with my MK2 same .25 cal, also filled my drawers with spare parts nobody else in the world may have no FI what those are for ;)

These numbers are only to get into ballpark with .25. Also I must say to you if you go this way no going back to pellets...the power and speed not compatible.

{btw, I am tethering at 185 bars so you can take it is a first reg is @ 185 and the second reg was at 150 and ended up at 120}

tuning screenshot.1648955836.JPG

Ok so I had to go test it out, I went and put my first reg to 170 it creeps up to 190 over time, the second reg is at 160, power wheel 1 was 698fps, power wheel 16 was 972 FPS. So that was what I had to do, but that wasn’t the best part yet. The best part is the sound! I live in Canada so no suppressor aloud, the gun used to be as loud or louder then the .22 rim fire, now it’s down to a wisper! I’m just amazed in how jumping that up a bit made it so quiet. I literally only fired 4 shots to see if the power wheel was working so I only know I’m now getting changes with the clicks and it’s super quiet now but I have no idea on the groupings. Going to test that tomorrow.

Also I’m not looking to max out my power as much as I was just trying to get my 36.2g to fire around 1000 FPS at the max settings then test and tune it down from there and pick the best accuracy. I just see they sell up to 55g slugs so I figured I wouldn’t be anywhere near this high for power settings already. But now after playing with the gun and different grains for a while, I think 36 is the highest I will bother to go with for now. So tomorrow it’s time to battle out the 36s vs the 33s for accuracy they both did really good before so hope things only get better now.

thanks for the help/tips guys

If you watch matt from south Africa. He explains the valve does nothing on higher power. Its pretty much set and forget. Whats important is the reg and hammer tension aka power wheel and micro adjustment. You said your gun is shooting the 36gr at 170. That is already reaching what the impact can do. The impact isn't a airforce. If power is your thing. Maybe get a airforce. Those guns are built for power. And will sling those 36gr over 1000 fps easily. You can try increasing your reg pressure to 160-170. Which is the max the impact can do. You will get maybe a little more power but at the cost of less shot per fill. If your gun is already accurate. No need to mess with it. If it ain't broken. Don't try to fix it. I know everyone wants to shoot as fast as possible and are power hungry. The thing is, the impact isn't that type of gun. Don't try to make it into what it isn't designed to do. 

I put the big brass hammer and heavy spring. Wouldn't cockback with power wheel at 16 and side adjuster past 4.1. After one week removed and spring shrunk 1/4 inch.put stock spring and and a smaller brass hammer. It same size as stock but the added weight of the two spacer. Back to testing. My guess is heavy spring was compreessed to the max. Im guessing the shooters from Africa have their reg past 170.

Ok so all I had to do was crank the reg up, yes I’m on dual transfer port..I got it shooting at 1000 FPS on max hammer settings eventually, and was able to test it down to 900 for best spot, it liked around 960 with .75”-1” groups at 50 yards which is good but not not good enough for long range so down to 33.6 grains for more testing now until the other weights come in stock, hopefully soon.