• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is my half done S&W 78g an abomination, or the NES light gun that the world needs?

Hello you fellow top tier airheads, ya danged ol functioning ballistaholics, as it were. Im Boone Jug from the holler, yes that holler. Story time- I mauled my 78g with my haggard fangs alone in my lil ol grodge late at night with TEMU tools, no adult supervision, all while pounding cases of jolt cola and blaring Ace Of Base. Now that yall know I aint whilstin dixie, ill get right to it. My latest build has folks divided, some say its heresy, some say I ruined me a classic pistola three weeks dungeon! While the other camp thinks she a nintendo light gun lookin exotic debutant, that mollywops steel critters in unlimited standing pistol silhouette and field target. Her name is Dizzy, from Starship Troopers if you know, you know. I sniped her off Ebay for 50ish American doll hairs. Her soft parts were plum blowed out the frame, no grips or piercing cap, she was flicted by the orange gremlins what eats metal, science says it aint that but MAMA says theys wicky voodoo. Back when MAC1 had the interwebs store before the big bike wreck laid ol tim down, I ordered a whole mess of valves and lil bits n bobbits. I cured her of her innard ailments and wuz smittened by her sturdy build and she got a telemetry on that trigger musta come straight oughta NASA, put me a good hone and shine on them bang switch units. Thats when my superpower flipped on, i gots the ADHD, OCD and the look at me. The Marine Corps dun shuffled my deck a lil bit more but we still got her pined full throttle missin on 3 cylinders and rich on the other five, can i get an amen? I digress, this aint about me. Its about my girl Dizzy. I milled out the rear sight lug and guides, pinned me a loose optics plate to the receiver for a spare zero elite. Fanged a pic rails ass off to mount a light, pinned with brass rivets I wopped up just right with tender mallet strokes while I held her hand, shes so brave. Hit the seam with e6000 and again with JB. I got choked walther barrel stock I gantry fanged it to stock specs just left 2mm more rifling in the chamber for bentz style engagement, then decided to yeet an extra 1mm into the port, got the bolt reshaped and shiny. Turned down a new transfer port to match, punched the valve port 1mm made it shine. Popped the valve out and set to rotary burr fangin material out, I reckon i got .7-.9 worth of her guts trimmed out tapering in the direction of her gassy colon as it were. I then set to using clay polishing compounds and units i made called alien fingers to mush my shine gunk around when i port and polish automotive unitry. I got a mess of springs I tuned with yesternight had to negotiate with my terrorist chrony thinks hes wore out, but aint allowed to die right now. I want to run c02 with the hammer spring tension back all the way off diabolo 14.3g at 500fps and tension maxed on HPA regulated at 1000psi 16g diabolo at 600+fps and im going to test hybrid slugs maybe even cut another barrel 14-16 inches. I do epoxy stuff so i got after the handles with that mess too, aint done by a long shot on them, epoxy layering with airbrush to build depth and then ill build out my mold and pour a healthy margin so I can make me a palm swell shaped like JLO, lil bity shelf with imbedded hardware to bolt a 360 fatboi shelf. Cerakote is burnt bronze and stoplight red. Im a professional mixed media artist too, some of my old portfolio is here https://www.instagram.com/boone.jug.art/ I cant trust Eddie, Eddie is the name of my chrony pray for him. But I think I have a couple viable spring combos to hit my velocity and have the broad range on the same spring set with multi fuel as I had conjured up in my lizard brain. I need to dump my efilm from my eCamera for all the build pics, but here is one yall can pass judgement on. I got a wall plum full of wackadoo builds like this one hangin around watchin me type a book about Dizzy the jealousy is palpable. I aint been real keen on the ol interwebs but folks is always sayin off the wall stuff like "You oughta start a youtubes" or "get you a facebook" or "What do you mean you aint got no cell phone Boone Jug?!?!?! What if somethin happens!?!?!" My kids convinced me theres a whole mess of connectivity I've been missin just might be worth havin with some of yall that aint from the holler. Cheers to anyone who read that whole book and could make any sense of my Shakespearian prose. Ill get my data sorted for my ballistaholics and post spring combo specs when i get em dialed. I have 7 other off the wall builds if this one peaks yalls interest ill write a book about them ladies as well. Have a glory filled, meritorious day. (YATYAS)

dizzy.jpeg

Hello you fellow top tier airheads, ya danged ol functioning ballistaholics, as it were. Im Boone Jug from the holler, yes that holler.

Story time- I mauled my 78g with my haggard fangs alone in my lil ol grodge late at night with TEMU tools, no adult supervision, all while pounding cases of jolt cola and blaring Ace Of Base. Now that yall know I aint whilstin dixie, ill get right to it.

My latest build has folks divided, some say its heresy, some say I ruined me a classic pistola three weeks dungeon! While the other camp thinks she a nintendo light gun lookin exotic debutant, that mollywops steel critters in unlimited standing pistol silhouette and field target. Her name is Dizzy, from Starship Troopers if you know, you know. I sniped her off Ebay for 50ish American doll hairs. Her soft parts were plum blowed out the frame, no grips or piercing cap, she was flicted by the orange gremlins what eats metal, science says it aint that but MAMA says theys wicky voodoo.

Back when MAC1 had the interwebs store before the big bike wreck laid ol Tim down, I ordered a whole mess of valves and lil bits n bobbits. I cured her of her innard ailments and wuz smittened by her sturdy build and she got a telemetry on that trigger musta come straight oughta NASA, put me a good hone and shine on them bang switch units. Thats when my superpower flipped on, i gots the ADHD, OCD and the look at me. The Marine Corps dun shuffled my deck a lil bit more but we still got her pined full throttle missin on 3 cylinders and rich on the other five, can i get an amen?

I digress, this ain't about me. Its about my girl Dizzy. I milled out the rear sight lug and guides, pinned me a loose optics plate to the receiver for a spare zero elite. Fanged a pic rails ass off to mount a light, pinned with brass rivets I wopped up just right with tender mallet strokes while I held her hand, shes so brave. Hit the seam with e6000 and again with JB. I got choked walther barrel stock I gantry fanged it to stock specs just left 2mm more rifling in the chamber for bentz style engagement, then decided to yeet an extra 1mm into the port, got the bolt reshaped and shiny. Turned down a new transfer port to match, punched the valve port 1mm made it shine. Popped the valve out and set to rotary burr fangin material out, I reckon i got .7-.9 worth of her guts trimmed out tapering in the direction of her gassy colon as it were.

I then set to using clay polishing compounds and units i made called alien fingers to mush my shine gunk around when i port and polish automotive unitry. I got a mess of springs I tuned with yesternight had to negotiate with my terrorist chrony thinks hes wore out, but aint allowed to die right now.

I want to run c02 with the hammer spring tension back all the way off diabolo 14.3g at 500fps and tension maxed on HPA regulated at 1000psi 16g diabolo at 600+fps and im going to test hybrid slugs maybe even cut another barrel 14-16 inches.

I do epoxy stuff so i got after the handles with that mess too, aint done by a long shot on them, epoxy layering with airbrush to build depth and then i'll build out my mold and pour a healthy margin so I can make me a palm swell shaped like JLO, lil bity shelf with imbedded hardware to bolt a 360 fatboi shelf. Cerakote is burnt bronze and stoplight red.

I'm a professional mixed media artist too, some of my old portfolio is here https://www.instagram.com/boone.jug.art/

I can't trust Eddie, Eddie is the name of my chrony pray for him. But I think I have a couple viable spring combos to hit my velocity and have the broad range on the same spring set with multi fuel as I had conjured up in my lizard brain.

I need to dump my efilm from my eCamera for all the build pics, but here is one yall can pass judgement on. I got a wall plum full of wackadoo builds like this one hangin around watchin me type a book about Dizzy the jealousy is palpable. I ain't been real keen on the ol interwebs but folks is always sayin off the wall stuff like "You oughta start a youtubes" or "get you a facebook" or "What do you mean you aint got no cell phone Boone Jug?!?!?! What if somethin happens!?!?!"

My kids convinced me theres a whole mess of connectivity I've been missin just might be worth havin with some of yall that aint from the holler. Cheers to anyone who read that whole book and could make any sense of my Shakespearian prose. Ill get my data sorted for my ballistaholics and post spring combo specs when i get em dialed. I have 7 other off the wall builds if this one peaks yalls interest ill write a book about them ladies as well. Have a glory filled, meritorious day. (YATYAS)

View attachment 466958

Sweet! You really need a YT channel.

Semper Fi,

J~

I admire several features on this resto-mod. The low profile Colt 1903 style grips are pretty cool, I bet the surface texture is pretty grippy. The red dot mount is very nice looking as the SW78 is a pain to mount a dot sight on. The two-tone cerakote on the slide looks well executed. OP, I'd like to see pics of the transfer port if you had any.

I have long asked for a high power pistol, but with the air tank on a tether and only the plenum on / in the pistol itself

The one above should suit your needs if you can find one. You could always tether it to a HPA bottle and regulate it down to 1000-psi.

Here's an article on them. https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/09/the-ld-pistol-from-mac-1/

I might recall Tim speaking about how well the .22 model did against really big dark-colored members of the avian community.

Cheers,

J~

Yeah.
Above just seem a bit long.
But otherwise a 3-4-500 CC bottle on the belt on the back and a 4-5 foot tether to the pistol grip.
But i would prefer something more " real " looking, always been a sucker for the M1911 for instance, or in revolvers the Python

Above do have some P 38 flavor to it, i once had a whole crate of those, left behind by some not so kind Germans, sadly all long gone in my punk youth.