Kalibrgun Is Kalibrgun late in technology advances?

And there we have it! Cocking handle placed on the left side, ambidextrous - that feature alone is indeed an improvement. Thank you Kayaker.

Improvements for Cricket II: 1) Forward cocking 2) ambidextrous

Is anyone aware of any additional improvements over the original Cricket other than the option of a bottle verses an airtube
gaining more shots.

Plenum size improvement? Perhaps scope rail inclination? Please share if you know as I am not aware.

Thank you

I have the new Kalibrgun Snipe 70 In .22...Its accurate , powerful but also a pain In the butt , the digital fill pressure gauge Is of by about 30 psi the reg gauge says 114 god knows If that's right, If you don't slam the cocking lever shut all the way It blows the O ring out of the barrel which means taking the barrel of the gun every time to reinstall It . would I buy this gun again ?...NO .

Last edited:
@Footloose your blowing an O ring can be cured by insuring the bolt/cocking lever/ charging handle is fully closed. Many guns experience the same result if the bolt is not fully closed/seated.

Your pressure differential between fill pressure and regulator pressure can also be sorted. There are more than a couple of ways this can be accomplished & I am guessing by how long you have been a member that you are aware of this. If not reachout as there is plenty of knowledgeable helpful members. The point to this issue is why should you have to sort this deficiency; after all you paid good money & it should not have issues.

My experience‘s with digital pressure gauges has not been favorable & if I am able to change them out to analog Wika brand I do so. However, even those have their inaccuracies but I still prefer them over a battery operated digital gauge.

Thank you for sharing/contributing; it does help all of us to get a clear picture and understanding of what to expect.

Reactions: mubhaur
It appears that all Kalibrgun Cricket II’s are not equal and that is dissapointing & in my opinion bad for business.

For example: A Tactical Cricket II has a cocking indicator & I love that feature. Not only a huge safety feature but an excellent visual aid to prevent double loading which inadvertanly is very easy to do in the heat of the moment especially hunting. A non tactical version with a standard airtube does not have this feature that I am aware of. Why not? Kalibrgun this should have been a straight across the board change!

Example #2: The tactical version has a 1/2 unf at the business end yet a non tactical does not! Not happy Kalibrgun!

Example#3: The tactical version also benefits from a larger plenum & you guessed it a non tactical version does not! Again Kalibrgun this is bad for business.

Kalibrgun are you listening? Your product has always been expensive, well made, accurate & has or maybe had a huge following (myself included). For me & I sense I may not be alone You’ve Lost my business with the shortfalls of the Cricket II.

What would be the number one game changer for a Cricket is single hand magazine loading & yet you refrain from doing so. How about a 20 MOA scope rail?

I am a huge lover of the original Cricket, it is a stellar pellet gun, and with a few of the changes mentioned above could have been over the top.

Thank you Myles,
The Kalibrgun website is the source for my research & apparently has quite a bit of conflicting information as well as incorrect pictures portraying certain models. Thank you for correcting me & helping me to get a better understanding of your particular gun as it is the one I am interested in. I have never been a fan of bottle guns & have a much better feel with full length bullpup stocks vs a bottle. Does your gun have a cocking indicator?

It is a shame Kalibrgun does not offer a threaded shroud on the Cricket II airtube models; I have only seen that feature on their bottle fed guns.
Try Georgia Air Guns, Charlie Frear will install a 1/2 adapter to the end of the shroud. I own three crickets, if I were too buy a new one again it would only be from him. He cleans, does special stuff to the barrel and polish's it, when he is done you can shoot it right from the box. 👍
As far as loading the mag if you shoot it enough you can do it with one hand. Also e-bay sell's a 3-D piece that attach's to the side plate so you just slip the mag in and rotate it. It can be bought for either side of the receiver.

There are many new rifles that seem to be ahead in making changes to make rifles more accurate and adjustable.

I have never owned a Kalibrgun rifle. I know they are known to be accurate.

What I do not know is if those rifles abandoned the effort of getting better.

We see Airgun Technology efforts with Vulcan 3, Vulcan 3 HP, Uragan 2.

We see the effort of Epic Two to have an super rifle in the market.

We see RTI effort to give the market with the Mora.

We constantly see FX with new models, some of those are REALLY good rifles.

The point is that my perception is that Kalibrgun is the equivalent Air Force at Czec Republic, that means absolutely negligent to evolve.

Am I wrong?
Hi Emu , for me you're not wrong and I agree with you. I have 4 Kalibrgun: Cricket 1st generation in .22 and .25 , Carbine in .25 and Cricket II Tactical 60 in .22 . I've also 4 FX : Crown , Widlcat , Dreamline and Maverick.
All my Kalibrgun are accurate , reliable and consistent . Never had POI shifting problem with them . The FX are also accurate ....sometimes . More POI probl ems than the Kalibrgun . That's just my opinion , I'm not going to discuss if one brand is better than another . This being said , you are right in the sense that Kalibrgun are a bit "minimalist" , regarding some other guns. No external adjustable regulator , no reg pressure gauge and a tricky loading system that should be replaced by spring loading magazine or so . These guns need to be power tunable .
However , if a gun is pretty accurate , consistent , well built and reliable , why ask more ? After all it doesn't matter if you cannot swap the barrel for a longer or shorter one , or for a different caliber or twist rate , or change the stock or configuration , etc..... This is not criticism , I've these kind of guns too , and it's sometimes interesting to experiment . Kalibrgun are just : " take it and shoot".....
I think Kalibrgun are great guns , but could be improved with little changes. This is also true for Taipan : very good guns but not really power tunable .The Kalibrgun Snipe model is maybe a new way for this factory , so....wait and see .
Mike

Reactions: Airgnr_Ind