Kalibrgun Is Kalibrgun late in technology advances?

There are many new rifles that seem to be ahead in making changes to make rifles more accurate and adjustable.

I have never owned a Kalibrgun rifle. I know they are known to be accurate.

What I do not know is if those rifles abandoned the effort of getting better.

We see Airgun Technology efforts with Vulcan 3, Vulcan 3 HP, Uragan 2.

We see the effort of Epic Two to have an super rifle in the market.

We see RTI effort to give the market with the Mora.

We constantly see FX with new models, some of those are REALLY good rifles.

The point is that my perception is that Kalibrgun is the equivalent Air Force at Czec Republic, that means absolutely negligent to evolve.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and L.Leon
The only thing that I remember reading is the mag is a bit hard to seat . Always positive on accuracy and power. But I suppose since it's just a pellet gun without big aftermarket support it gets frowned upon by the cool dudes. 😎 Why sell gimmicks if it doesn't need them ?

I had my Kalibergun Mini Carbine for less than a year and I can hardly put it down I enjoy shooting it so much...it's not reailly a power house but accurate and gets a ton of shots per fill...I don't know what it could evolve into, there are new generations of Kaliberguns and Taipan Veterans both made in the Czech Republic...They reailly know how to make airguns over there...I firmly believe that history will attest to the fact older generations of Kalibergun and Veterans will be more coveted than the newer generations just try to find a Mini Carbine or a compact Veteran...owners of these understand how good they are...and gunna' start hanging on to them...I tried to buy a compact Vet a few days ago and ended up talking the seller into keeping it...true story...Evolve...I'm sorry their not made anymore...like the Huntsman Regal...I'm good with the last generation.
1000002587.jpg
1000001839.jpg
1000002575.jpg

I have an original Cricket in.25, yeah there are guns that set up to be easily adjustable but they are in no way more accurate. Some guys like to tinker and some don’t, I’m a don’t, I want to open my safe, take a gun out and know that there’s been no POI shift since I shot it last. That’s what you’ll get with Kalibrgun. They are solid and reliable and easy to reseal if needed. In my opinion, there will always be a market for such.

There are many new rifles that seem to be ahead in making changes to make rifles more accurate and adjustable.

I have never owned a Kalibrgun rifle. I know they are known to be accurate.

What I do not know is if those rifles abandoned the effort of getting better.

We see Airgun Technology efforts with Vulcan 3, Vulcan 3 HP, Uragan 2.

We see the effort of Epic Two to have an super rifle in the market.

We see RTI effort to give the market with the Mora.

We constantly see FX with new models, some of those are REALLY good rifles.

The point is that my perception is that Kalibrgun is the equivalent Air Force at Czec Republic, that means absolutely negligent to evolve.

Am I wrong?

It seems to me, that when it comes to airguns, there are basically 2 types of manufactures:

1. Offers a product, and it remains unchanged, for many, many years.

2. Constantly improving, and constantly introducing new revisions, and/or new models.

Air Arms (England) is a classic example of a company that produces absolutely great products, and aside from the addition of a regulator in their PCP's, they are basically the same exact products as 10 or 15 years ago. Nothing wrong with that concept at all, but I suspect that they are only selling a small fraction, compared to companies that are constantly improveing and introducing new models. Just a wild guess, as Ive never seen any sales numbers.

At the other end of the spectrum, some companies are constantly making changes, resulting in improved accuracy, faster velocities, longer distances, and allow the use of much heavier projectiles. Again, I dont have any definate sales numbers, but I suspect these companies probably sell a lot more product as a result of constantly changing.

As time goes forward, I suspect that nothing will ever change.
I believe some manufactures will continue offering their great products unchanged, while other manufactures will continue to change and evolve.
For something as simple as a device that uses air to launch a projectile, we have a LOT of options, and thats a great thing, in my opinion!

Reactions: Emu
If it is not broken, why fix it? My Veteran .25 is one of my most dependable rifles. One of the few bullpup rifles that is ambidextrous.

Kaliber does not offer ambidextrous rifles so never considered them.

Air rifles are not complicated. Better to focus on durability and performance.

YMMV

They have evolved, just not at the breakneck pace of some other brands. For example, the new Snipe has more of the external adjustability that you speak of.
Some of their offerings don't make it to the USA for whatever reason. Check out the Kalibrgun website & you'll see the Snipe is made in four calibers & two barrel lengths, but as best I can tell only three calibers & one barrel length are available from American dealers. There is also a semi-bullpup version of the Cricket 2 called the CRBT (seems a spiritual descendant of the Mini Carbine) but haven't seen it available here. They have carbon fiber stocks for many models, but have only seen them for sale on the Argus.

You wouldn't know it from browsing internet forums, but there is still a healthy market for air rifles that do just a few things but do them well. For example, shooting mid-weight domed pellets at ~850-900 fps.

Know I'm in the minority, but wish they would offer a successor to the Cricket Carbine (the "full length rifle" version).

Extremely satisfied with the .22 Carbine & .30 C2T that I own.

Hmm.... I feel the problem is not related to KalibrGun products, but more to what other brands are offering and WHY NOT KALIBRGUN ?

The modern airgun market, if I may say, have more demand for adjustability in power (max to max possible), Caliber change, Slugs use, semi auto..... DON'T KNOW, BUT WITH SO MUCH POWER REQUIREMENT AND HIGH COST OF SLUGS, FIRE ARMS WERE ALREADY THERE.

The satisfaction of correct shot placement on game with a 60 fpe .25 won't ever be there with a body shot with .45...... the challenge, the fun has gone. I feel so.

I bought a Cricket .25 two yrs back. With little extra amount an Impact .35 was available, but I took a conscientious call and went for KalibrGun. I HELD ON TO THE VERY RATIONALE OF WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT FROM AN AIRGUN AND MY REQUIREMENTS (RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, POWER FOR A MAX 80 TO 90LBS HOG)
My friend bought the Impact .35 same time and has not used it more than 15 to 20 percent of what I have used.
The YT fever with so new products and features has caught on many airgunners making them forget their actual niche requirement from airgunning.

And, I also own a Fx Dreamline for three years that has already been serviced/repaired thrice.
For me, Peace of mind I have found is in minimalism.

@MylesBennettDys,

Welcome to AGN. An excellent response to this thread. Your sharing of realtime experience with your Cricket is helpful to everyone; it is honest and to the point. Most appreciated Sir.

@Airgnr_Ind,

Well said as well Sir. Thank you for sharing your experiences, observations and facts. Your strength in holding on to “Your Rationale” will serve you well for many years as you already know. Wise man indeed!

@skohl,

I understood that the Kalibrgun Cricket II was abidextrous in that you may posistion the new forward cocking lever to either the right or left side of the gun. I could very well be mistaken but this is what I have read about the Cricket II. My experience has only been with the original rear right side cocking Crickets.
Well here ya go ........................
0409241107a.jpg