• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is JSAR still open?

I’ll make one post about my thoughts and walk away. Is JSAR still open? Yes they are and running a two man skeleton crew far to hard. They have a great product and I wish them the best I really do but I’m not certain they will make it but that’s my personal opinion based solely on what little I know as of now. I have nothing to do with them and haven’t in many months now when I retired also I have not been or ever was a owner or any other entity other than a employee who’s job was to design new products which I did. Also I see some people here who believe I took down the JSAR gate to protect them on the GTA that couldn’t be more false, that decision to revamp the whole dealer gate was done far before that and I posted it in advance. I’ve got nothing to lose or gain with JSAR but like I said I hope and wish all the best. I own a few Raptors and I love them a lot! My mini is my go to hunting gun and packs a punch with the lowest report of all my air rifles. I did get a email from Jacob about new magazines I was working on before I left that should be a fantastic replacement or upgrade however you see it, they will allow Bullets and pellets to work effortlessly with no binding. Hope to get a few soon. God Bless you all in these tough times and may you shoot strait and true. TW

Hello again,

We are diligently working on getting caught up on all of our back orders, and I've let that directive take priority over my communication with the community. When all of this Covid craziness took place I needed to work remotely due to some concerns about my wife's health. This is an issue since we don't really have phone service out here, it generally sounds like I'm talking underwater, and the calls get disconnected frequently. I'm on top of my e-mails, but there have been a few that slip through the cracks from time to time. Myself and the crew are working very diligently to get every order filled, and to get every repair handled, and to get every e-mail responded to. I'm very sorry for any spinning plates that I've let drop, and for any e-mails that I've missed. I've never hung a customer out to dry, although I'm currently working on my response times, and our turn around time on repairs or rework. Not every gun is for every person, and I fully respect anybody who prefers a product over ours. In my opinion, we've developed a great product, with excellent performance, and we've had a series of stumbling blocks along the way. But we're still here, still working hard, still putting out high quality, high performance American made products.

Thank you,
Jacob

I certainly wish JSAR the best. That said, it looks like it's time to stop taking further orders until the current backlog is addressed. Seems that would go a long way toward getting the company on a level footing. JMO, of course, as someone who considered a purchase and decided against it based primarily on the "preorder" and backlog issue. If those issues were resolved I could see the company regaining it's footing.

I hope some day that everything on their site is in stock. I hope they branch back out a little into making cool products for other rifles. I never had an issue with my orders and understood why some of them took longer. Here is how I looked at it. That place needs quite a few employees and a couple machinists. The type of guys that we want assembling our $1,000 air rifles aren’t easy to come buy. I don’t want a kid who was working at Lowe’s or McDonalds last week messing with my gun. I also don’t want a guy who was turning brake rotors last week to be building my components. It can’t be easy to find the right people, and enough of them so you can keep up with the airgun consumers demands. I hope everything works out. We need these type of companies. Companies that offer cool products for our guns makes owning and modding guns fun. Look at the AR industry. 

I’ll make one post about my thoughts and walk away. Is JSAR still open? Yes they are and running a two man skeleton crew far to hard. They have a great product and I wish them the best I really do but I’m not certain they will make it but that’s my personal opinion based solely on what little I know as of now. I have nothing to do with them and haven’t in many months now when I retired also I have not been or ever was a owner or any other entity other than a employee who’s job was to design new products which I did. Also I see some people here who believe I took down the JSAR gate to protect them on the GTA that couldn’t be more false, that decision to revamp the whole dealer gate was done far before that and I posted it in advance. I’ve got nothing to lose or gain with JSAR but like I said I hope and wish all the best. I own a few Raptors and I love them a lot! My mini is my go to hunting gun and packs a punch with the lowest report of all my air rifles. I did get a email from Jacob about new magazines I was working on before I left that should be a fantastic replacement or upgrade however you see it, they will allow Bullets and pellets to work effortlessly with no binding. Hope to get a few soon. God Bless you all in these tough times and may you shoot strait and true. TW

JSAR is not a reflection on Travis. Travis has never been an owner in the company. He is decidedly passionate about air guns, airgun performance, airgun upgrades, and pushing the industry forward. Any frustrations with JSAR should in no way be pushed upon Travis. Any mistakes that have been made are mine, and mine alone. Our company communication was much better when we had Travis on board. 

You have now opened yourself up to all liability which might be admirable but it now YOU and you alone need to fix this poor customer experience......delays,excuses, etc without delay..........what u gonna do about it?

The most important steps for me at the moment (at least as I see it) is to improve our response times for e-mail inquiries, improve our turn around times for any product repairs, and push hard to get all back orders filled. At least that's what I'll be working on in the short term. My goal is to meet the needs of any individual who reaches out to us.

Reactions: Hajimoto
I just got my raptor back today....it went in for the adjustable reg upgrade and trigger. Jacob answered my emails within 1-2 days and the turn around was right at 3 weeks which I didn’t think was bad at all. The rifle was returned with all the old parts they had switched out. Can’t wait to find time to mount the scope and get some slugs down range.

Thanks Jacob and good luck!!!

Tony P

A bit off topic, but seemed like the best place to give feedback to this. The last vestige of usefulness of GTA to me was it's individual dealer forums. When they went away GTA lost a lot of value and I haven't been back. I missed the notice they were going to away and any explanation of why it happened.