• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is JSAR still open?

I'm not as knowledgeable on this issue as most, so can't comment on the cause of all the problems this company is going through. BUT, on paper the Raptor looks great. An American made gun with all the right stuff, plenty of power, and excellent price point. I hope the company makes it. IF the problem was one person and he's gone, I'll give JSAR the benefit of doubt.

I'm not as knowledgeable on this issue as most, so can't comment on the cause of all the problems this company is going through. BUT, on paper the Raptor looks great. An American made gun with all the right stuff, plenty of power, and excellent price point. I hope the company makes it. IF the problem was one person and he's gone, I'll give JSAR the benefit of doubt.

My thinking as well. The rifle SPECS and APPEARANCE seems great but as some have reported the actual machining might be questionable. It would be great to see another good US based option in the market but the recent problems might be more than the company can overcome at this point.

No big fan, nor enemy of Travis Whitney, but my dealings with him and JSAR seem to have been the exception.

My Raptor wait time was I think 12-14 weeks, back when they were advertising 6weeks. 1st gen trigger quit cocking and they mailed me the updated one. It sprung a leak about the time they finally got the adjustable regs in so it went back for a reseal and they installed the adjustable reg while they had it. It took them 5 or 6 weeks for that, which was 3weeks longer than I was told. 

The tail end of all that was after Travis left and I was dealing with Jacob (the owner) at that time. All of the above was documented in my still ongoing review of the JSAR/Raptor experience. 

So, my biggest gripe was that actual wait times were about twice the stated wait times. As for getting what I paid for and them doing what they said they would (eventually), no complaints there. I have not had a need to deal with them for months so can't share any experience in more recent customer service. 

I like my Raptor. Great trigger, easily swappable barrels and power output, very enjoyable to shoot off the bench. It currently fills a niche in my gun cabinet not taken by any other airgun so it'll stay around. 

So, JSAR's big oopsies as far as running a company..... unrealistic wait times and putting the cart before the horse (advertising ideas as features prior to actually researching and developing the ideas to make sure they were feasible as features). Both of these could have been resolved with more time hammering out the details and actually making a bunch of guns to sell before the hype factory went from 0-70 in 2 seconds on the forums. They were selling hype long before they were selling guns. Other airgun manufacturers do the same, they're just better at following through (eventually). 

Again, my Raptor is a great airgun, it has the features that attracted me to it and that were advertised in the configuration that I ordered. 

(Edit: lots of political stuff going on in this thread, before and after I made this comment-even to the point that it got locked for a bit. Just wanted to come back and clarify what I hinted at in my original post but didnt explain very well here. Travis and Jacob were stand-up guys in all my dealings with them. They were available to discuss the gun and assist in tuning at all hours of the day and all days of the week. Again, I documented all of that and continue to update the review: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/raptor-review-ongoing-thoughts/ I was upset by the loss of all of the JSAR information over on the GTA vendor gate as I had an ongoing review and documented quite a bit there with my own experiences with the gun. But that isn't anything against JSAR or the Raptor or even Travis.)

The Raptor Mini I had worked well, not as accurate as some of my other air rifles, but still a solid performer. All the hype when it first debuted had me expecting something that was truly new and innovative. What I finally got looked more like a highly modified Marauder! From a maintenance and repair perspective, this is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if JSAR continues down the path they are currently on. But at that price point, I really was expecting so much more! So, after a ridiculously long wait, then getting what I got was really disappointing! But, with the plethora of Mrod parts available, they should be easy to keep it shooting. It just didn't live up to the hype for me...

Well hello everybody,

We're still here, working through our list of orders, and trying to get ourselves better organized. We have a grand total of 3 individuals working hard to do all of the manufacturing, testing, shipping, repairs, e-mail responses, social media, accounting, material orders, quality control, etc. It's a lot for us to handle. I'm doing my best to respond to all e-mails that come my way, due to covid I haven't been able to manage our phone system well, but I'm up to date on all e-mails we've received. We've certainly had some rough water for the last few months, and I've let a few plates fall without a doubt. I haven't managed it as smoothly as I would have liked. But we're working everyday to meet the needs of our customers.

Thank you,
Jacob

LOL, highly modded Marauder! Just like the 6 I already have done.

I've not gotten the Marauder modding bug, but gotta admit that one with a super smooth sidelever, really good 3-4oz trigger, externally adjustable regulator (on the fly, no de-gas or disassembly), less than 10 min caliber changes/barrel swaps, 500cc air capacity, and capable of 100+ fpe would be pretty sweet. Oh, it'd be cool if it had an OEM pic rail on the forearm too, to be able to instantly go from knee riser to bipod or whatever other desired attachments.

Mine are not power houses the most powerful one I own is my 30 caliber Armada bottle gun. It shoots the 44.75 gr at 840-850fps which is roughly 68-70 fpe. Repeatable accuracy out to 75 yards as of to date. I had my 17, 22, 25 and 30 out on Friday and they were all hitting at 75 yards and all of them have a 13 yard sight in lol. And yes I would love to be able to mod Marauders and Armadas to customer spec. This has been on my mind for some time now and would take a fair amount of wheeling and dealing with some of the key players that manufacture the after market parts to make is prosperous. Now that I done my best to hijack the thread lol. It is good to see Jacob respond to this thread to err is human and it takes a big man to admit his faults and move forward. Kudos to you Jacob.

Ok, then. How do I get a new leaky balance valve fixed? The seat is poorly machined.

RMA it, wait 6-12 months as a decent human being giving extended opportunity for a manufacturer to correct, then demand a refund...like everyone else with 2 working gears in their brain has thus far...

The fact this company is still accepting "pre-orders" when I hear there are customers that are 8+ months out that still haven't received product is very telling, on a rifle that has been "available for preorder" for 12~ months...and released for 7 + months...just call it what it is, these are built to order and the time frame is 8-12 months not 8-12 weeks...they sure don't mind the money coming in but seem to have a hard time putting out quality product that said money supposedly pays for...

1594060638_4446905015f036f5e212999.35016291.jpg