• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

is it worth the wait?

Just wondering if I could get some input. Im thinking about buying the fx impact, contacted AOA to see what the availability was and found out that if I ordered it now probably wouldn't getting it till Jun or july. I was really looking at this rifle because its so adjustable and you have the ability to change calibers but with aditional barrels @ 500. Is this rifle really worth the wait? Or would I just as happy with something else for FX and not have to wait as long. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jake

I thought about that the same way 2kgun plus 500$extra barrel
​and really the only thing out side of design looks is the fact it has a built in regulator adjustor you can mess with externally but I know if I dive into that amount ima be in it for like 4 grand lol so I I went with the wildcat I can wait a year or 2 to get my impact might even get a price drop too

Yep, I think I'm leaning towards the two rifles are better than one philosophy.The impact really interesting because of it's tunalibity, I was hoping to hear from someone that had one and was completely happy with it and the accuracy was phenomenal. But after watching a bunch of videos I think that it still has a few bugs that id like to see worked out before I buy one. But thanks for all the great input.

"Cliff_Allen"Good opportunity to buy a used one of something else to try out for a while. You could then flip it later and it likely won't cost you very much.

Im with Cliff. As others up grade etc. there are some nice rifles coming up for decent prices. That and considering the new gun issues some have had I would snag a deal on a used gun and enjoy while FX works out the bugs on that one. Then when they get the bugs and supply worked out get ya one. In my opinion for $2K the gun should be flawless from the factory, no excuses at that price point.

I gave the FX impact a hard look when I was starting to get into PCP airguns for the ability of changing calibers thus actually saving money from having multiple airguns. But after doing more research I decided it would be more of a hassle than it was worth to have to re-zero the scope and retune the gun to fire whatever pallet it likes especially with how often I go between a 177 caliber to the bigger calibers for larger game. With that being said I still want a FX Impact but for different reasons, namely the ease of tuning, extendable shroud, high shot count, and large magazine capacity. One of these guns is definitely in my future but I think I'll just pick one Caliber stick with it, now the only thing I have to do is figure out how to hide the purchase for my wife and I'm golden.
Jesse

"JC1234"I gave the FX impact a hard look when I was starting to get into PCP airguns for the ability of changing calibers thus actually saving money from having multiple airguns. But after doing more research I decided it would be more of a hassle than it was worth to have to re-zero the scope and retune the gun to fire whatever pallet it likes especially with how often I go between a 177 caliber to the bigger calibers for larger game. With that being said I still want a FX Impact but for different reasons, namely the ease of tuning, extendable shroud, high shot count, and large magazine capacity. One of these guns is definitely in my future but I think I'll just pick one Caliber stick with it, now the only thing I have to do is figure out how to hide the purchase for my wife and I'm golden.
Jesse
GOOD LUCK... haha I have never did that ;)