Is it worth buying a hw97k if i already have a hw77k?

Would you get a .22 tx200hc or .177 tx200hc? Or even pro sport in .22. I already have a .177
Tough choice, I have been there ... repeatedly. Get a .22. Personally, I like the smack on target. I just couldn't digest the price of a pro-sport. Funny thing is, I could have bought one with all the $ trying this or that :ROFLMAO: Sherz, what are you leaning towards?

Reactions: drjjpdc78
Nope, not worth it.

I mean what kind of idiot would want to have more than one of basically the same gun?!

😇

20200209_120228.jpg

You're not going to go wrong either way. I've had the 77/97 TX200 in .177 and .22 calibers. Of all of them, I ended up keeping the 97LK in .177. It just shot better for me and I was consistently more accurate with it.

View attachment 422876
Did you make your screw cups or buy them from somewhere?

I'm not even sure. I've bought some and I've made some for various guns over the years so who knows. I think with that one, I just got some SS screws from Lowes for it, but I could be mistaken. It's been a while.
I need to make some for mine, funny I've never done that, but I've modded about everything else on my Weihrauchs.

I will play devil's advocate and recommend the Air Arms TX200HC over the HW97k. The overall craftsmanship of the TX200 is impressive. The bluing and walnut stock fish scaling is above average making it a joy to shoot.

Mine is set to 12 fpe and it is silky smooth. I suggest going to a local club and checking one out. They are a work of art.
Would you choose the tx200hc over the pro sport

I have a hw50 hunter 177 and a rws52 177 which was my first real air rifle. I’ve shot the rws a little more over the years I’ve hunted with both. The rws is a 16 fpe gun and the hw50 is a 12 fpe gun both of them hit where they’re pointed.I’ve started shooting pcp’s and don’t shoot the spring guns anymore ever! I think that you’re the only one that can answer the question of which gun to get

Tough choice, I have been there ... repeatedly. Get a .22. Personally, I like the smack on target. I just couldn't digest the price of a pro-sport. Funny thing is, I could have bought one with all the $ trying this or that :ROFLMAO: Sherz, what are you leaning towards?
Funny thing is I was putting money aside for a pro sport which cost £950 brand new but now I'm looking at the money and thinking if I should put it towards a new car that's how much the pro sport cost

Sherz, I have had the same dilemma for a while. Lucky enough to own a lovely older 77k in .177, but still interested in a 97.
Thought I wouldn't buy a 97 unless it was in a different caliber. After shooting my friends .22 caliber 97k - which is egregiously accurate! - I started to lean maybe.
Then AoA offered the 97k's in walnut and I ordered one in .177. Why?
Well, 1. They really are different in stock feel etc if not in pellet performance. 2. You never know what rifle will like which pellets, and 3. in my case if I find that I truly prefer one over the other, I'll sell the other.

To me, having the "old school" 77 as well as a 2024 vintage 97 with whatever manufacturing changes have been made feels like having two different rifles.

And it doesn't hurt that the walnut on my new 97k is gorgeous, even compared to the Goudy stock on the 77k. Doesn't hurt at all!

Sherz, I have had the same dilemma for a while. Lucky enough to own a lovely older 77k in .177, but still interested in a 97.
Thought I wouldn't buy a 97 unless it was in a different caliber. After shooting my friends .22 caliber 97k - which is egregiously accurate! - I started to lean maybe.
Then AoA offered the 97k's in walnut and I ordered one in .177. Why?
Well, 1. They really are different in stock feel etc if not in pellet performance. 2. You never know what rifle will like which pellets, and 3. in my case if I find that I truly prefer one over the other, I'll sell the other.

To me, having the "old school" 77 as well as a 2024 vintage 97 with whatever manufacturing changes have been made feels like having two different rifles.

And it doesn't hurt that the walnut on my new 97k is gorgeous, even compared to the Goudy stock on the 77k. Doesn't hurt at all!
Got any pics of the new walnut stock? I'm wondering if they'll sell those stocks seperately.