• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is it worth buying a hw97k if i already have a hw77k?

It just so happens that I have some pics of both. Here they are, old vs new stock styles. I love them both, but the 97 stock is bananas good!

Screenshot_20240428_143607_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_191709_Gmail.jpg

Update - called Riton thus afternoon, and Customer Service was a class act.
Scope will be replaced by something realistically equivalent, and they worked with me to feel out what I was doing with the scope so that the replacement wouldn't be a bad fit/disappointment.

More to follow once I recieve the replacement and get to use it.

the question i have is the .20 caliber is a dying caliber size
i know from look you in the UK are in just as bad a shape as we are in the states there is not much ammo in .20 Pyramyd Air has 4 options
the rifle idea is good and caliber choice is not but that is my opinion
I have never been short on ammo and I have been shooting .20 cal since 1972.

Reactions: drjjpdc78
A little update:

I mentioned that the old Japanese made Riton scope (an RT-S 5 Mod 2 4-16x50) came apart after just a few shots on the HW77k (it had also seen maybe 500 shots on a SIG ASP20) and was being returned under Riton's lifetime warranty....

They handled it very well IMO. They worked with me to figure out what an appropriate replacement scope would be, and they weren't trying to replace it with a lesser item.
While I may have been able to insist on a replacement from their Japanese made products, the prices on those were so much higher than the equivalent dollars I spent on mine that I didn't ask for that.
What we did agree on (and without any drama or haggling) was an X3 Conquer 3-15x44 with the PDTR reticle. It's a made in China scope, but it certainly seems to be a good one from the off-gun assessment I've given it. Don't worry, it will be on a gun soon enough!
Glass is better than I'll ever need for airgun or rimfire, and online reviews report that the glass is good out to long centerfire ranges. Controls are good, and it seems like some special attention was given to the turrets. The controls are a little (and just a little) stiff but I estimate that will lead to a very good feel after a little break in. Turrets are very positive. It's laid out well, and I really like the reticle upgrade. Simple and VERY useful for airgunning out to 100 yards or so.

So, I have to give Riton a thumbs up for customer service. They turned a bad day into a good one.

Reactions: bustachip