• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is it political?

Reactions: cavedweller
Couple of issues I see.
Who determines what is political or not? Why do some people express themselves calmly and others can’t?
It’s ok to disagree for some things. There are some arguments/disagreements that will never stop.
Part of life. The people who cannot be respectful that should not be tolerated.

@cavedweller Most likely because anything political these days makes people lose their minds.
More like there is a certain amount of people who have already lost their minds who make it their purpose in life to screeeeech about things thus causing others to avoid mentioning it to avoid that awful grating noise.

My grandfather, now long since gone, taught me as a kid that there are two things a gentleman doenst discuss in public...
religion and politics......
I wonder how long your grandfather's list would be today?
Especially if we made the criteria "do not discuss at the Thanksgiving table."

A is for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And so on

Just my too scents
Ed

@cavedweller Most likely because anything political these days makes people lose their minds.
Everything you can talk about has politics involved in it, in one degree or another. The problem lies when, talking politics of any kind, some think that any view other than theirs is wrong or should not be allowed. Reading such would make them feel bad and possibly upset them. Facts don't matter, it's all about their feelings and how they think. So in order to make THOSE people feel safe, talking politics are forbidden here, because a different political opinion or talking civilly, or even being allowed to have another opinion, if just too much for some to bare. So we need to make it a SAFE PLACE. Where everybody can feel safe, regardless of actually being safe, it's all about feelings, their feelings. You can take a good long hard look at the world right now and see how this mentality is working out.

No, we are eyeballs that earn ad revenue. The more peaceful the place is, the more eyeballs come to view the adverts on a regular basis. The more racus the place is, the less eyeballs. Do not mistake the term guest for the term product. We are the product. This is a business, not a Restaurant.
There really is only one "why" that matters - while this may be a "community," the reality is that we are all guests here, and we simply need to abide by the rules of the site owners. They can set the rules however they want, for whatever reason they want . . .

I think both these are correct . Stan

There really is only one "why" that matters - while this may be a "community," the reality is that we are all guests here, and we simply need to abide by the rules of the site owners. They can set the rules however they want, for whatever reason they want . . .

RULE #1.Bottom line is, it's THEIR playpen and to play here there are rules. They make the rules, no discussions. That's just the way it goes. Any questions refer to Rule #1.😁And if you break one...they will let you know.😇

Reactions: cavedweller
People come here out of a common interest in the airgun sport/hobby. Some are looking for help while some are looking to give help. There is a wealth of knowledge available here that people are willing to dispense for no cost. Arguments about political issues serve no purpose as this forum, in the end, can't do anything to resolve them. By keeping the forum free of political discussions the moderators are making this an enjoyable location for the sharing of information. There is enough political crap being fed to us from all different directions in our lives to day that it is nice to escape it and just enjoy a hobby.

I've gotten involved in a few political spats on here and have had my hand slapped and points placed on me. At first, it pissed me off, but I calmed down and came back. Gotta play by the rules on here and that it. As mod3 told me, it's as simple as that. He/she/they whatever is/are correct. Did I say that right? It's very confusing, and things are changing so rapidly. I just wanna work, play, and continue to shoot my dime sized groups at 50 yards!

P.S.: don't report me. I'm on thin ice!

This is my second post. I have had all the politics my (now) rotting mind can handle. I will GLADLY avoid discussing that stuff. It is good, though, that there are sites and orgs that get involved. I had to leave archery due to really bad shoulders, and believe me....some of the archery sites are just 'ate up' with angst due discussions of politics, religion, etc. Even tho I am a Christian, you will not see me pounding my position down your throat. Will, however, ALWAYS welcome a PM from a fellow believer. Kindness, civility, and respect goes a loooong way.

And when the rules start to chafe we have the right to go elsewhere as happened at GTA.
I choose not to think of myself as a guest. You should feel equally free to feel like a guest.

Everything you can talk about has politics involved in it, in one degree or another. The problem lies when, talking politics of any kind, some think that any view other than theirs is wrong or should not be allowed. Reading such would make them feel bad and possibly upset them. Facts don't matter, it's all about their feelings and how they think. So in order to make THOSE people feel safe, talking politics are forbidden here, because a different political opinion or talking civilly, or even being allowed to have another opinion, if just too much for some to bare. So we need to make it a SAFE PLACE. Where everybody can feel safe, regardless of actually being safe, it's all about feelings, their feelings. You can take a good long hard look at the world right now and see how this mentality is working out.
Well said