• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is it normal to buy 12,000 pellets at once? CROSMAN20 sale at Pyramid Air

It's a disease i tell ya. My bride and i were in the local big R store a little while back. They were bought out and it's now rural field or something like that. Anyways, they were closing out the sig sauer .177 pellets. Daggers and wadcutters for 4.89 a tin. I mean , how can you NOT load up on those. Wife says i have a slight problem and i'll never be able to shoot all the pellets i already have. Her point? i have no idea.

I'm getting a big order ready to save on shipping, so I asked a buddy of mine if he needed any pellets. He sent me this picture and said, "No thanks, I have plenty." I almost fell off my chair laughing. I text him back and said that wouldn't last a month at my house.
56049.jpeg

Still at pa price and all like shipping or just having to mail order does it come out less the Walmart 6.45$ walk in local?

Pa, 11.50 less 2.30 is $9.20 a tin ?

Take that $3 difference every 2-1/2 tins is a free tin buying Walmart vs pa
Pa never gives a break on CPHP when you figure it out, the big site has them for $6.98 right now and I got them as low as $6.24 iirc. Wally word or amazon check the prices and buy when on sale.

I've always been one to put in big orders on sale days. I don't know if they still do it, but PA used to have huge sales to celebrate their birthday, and 11-15% sales with free shipping a couple of other times a year. Those were the days I put together just enough of an order to meet the free shipping. Between the free shipping, discount price and 4-for-3, it would be a decent savings. In our post-COVID, inflationary days it's hard to find deals quite like that. And I've been able to shoot so little for the last year that even if I start again today I won't need pellets for...a while!

Plus, all the folks who are turning into dedicated slug shooters are bound to sell off their inventory at a discount sooner or later. :)

Reactions: AmosBurton
Nearest Wally World is a 2+ hour round trip for me. But there's a small mom and pop hardware/general store in town that carries a small selection of pellets. I like the Crosman 7.4gr wadcutters for short to medium range informal plinking, and they have them for $4.85 per 250 tin. Every time I stop in for nails, housepaint and such, I buy two tins. Before I knew it, I'd accumulated a good sized stash. 40 or so tins at this point. Sales tax here is relatively low, so that helps too.

And I use the PA 4th tin free deal if I'm also ordering enough other stuff to get free shipping.

I just realized I ran out of my go to pellet, the .22 Crosman Premier Hollow Point.
I pulled up Pyramid Air and noticed they were having a Crosman 20% off sale.
As you may know, they also have a buy 3 tins get the 4th free. I figured one would cancel the other out, as often is the case with sales, but not so with this sale.
Next up was trying to get free freight at $150.
Well...24 tins later I'm at $165!
That comes out to 1.375¢/pellet, down from 2.3¢/pellet.
I'm not afraid to spend money on something I'll use but man I'm still a cheap son of a gun!
Oh you are not going to like this, amazon had them at , hope you're sitting down...50% off, yeah I bought a few, I MAY live long enough to use them.

Oh you are not going to like this, amazon had them at , hope you're sitting down...50% off, yeah I bought a few, I MAY live long enough to use them.
I still haven't been able to beat .013¢ pellet no matter the sale, although I haven't seen that Amazon sale.
Either way it's a lot cheaper than shooting my .25 which is more like .06¢ pellet on a good day.

I still haven't been able to beat .013¢ pellet no matter the sale, although I haven't seen that Amazon sale.
Either way it's a lot cheaper than shooting my .25 which is more like .06¢ pellet on a good day.
I suppose free would be better but that is ok, someone has to make a buck somewhere along the line.

I bought last year 55 tins Eun Jin 16grains .177cal...so yes Its very normal to buy up supplies if the offers comes up. I later bought 15 boxes 22grain ZAN .177cal solids
Almost everytime I've bought those in .177 about a third or more have damaged skits or damaged heads. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying more than 2 or 3 at a time you must luck out.

There's a reason I shoot into plastic buckets full of sand, I've been collecting lead since I stopped shooting bb's and started shooting pellets.
What mold did you get and where do I get one?
I have several air rife molds in .22 and .25 caliber. All of them came from NOE.

Reactions: AmosBurton
I got my 60k pellets off pyramid air I got down to .0086 cents a shot for the 22 with a code they changed the price after I spent $500 dollars Im pissed I aint spent $1500 I woulda had 200k shots, Id have to help the ups man too bad they changed the price of the norma multipack pellets now its double so not as good value but it shoots accurate outta my blitz like crossmans or even a bit better.