• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is it normal to buy 12,000 pellets at once? CROSMAN20 sale at Pyramid Air

I just realized I ran out of my go to pellet, the .22 Crosman Premier Hollow Point.
I pulled up Pyramid Air and noticed they were having a Crosman 20% off sale.
As you may know, they also have a buy 3 tins get the 4th free. I figured one would cancel the other out, as often is the case with sales, but not so with this sale.
Next up was trying to get free freight at $150.
Well...24 tins later I'm at $165!
That comes out to 1.375¢/pellet, down from 2.3¢/pellet.
I'm not afraid to spend money on something I'll use but man I'm still a cheap son of a gun!

I picked up 15 tins once on a deal , so why not if your gun shoots them well ?

image76.jpg

Thing was my guns shoot them great so I did not feel a risk ..

Well, I guess I'm not alone.
I thought I'd try them when I got a Notos because that was what people were shooting with good results.
It was true, my Notos shoots them well.
Then I got a BRK Sniper XR and it too shoots really well with them.
Next thing I know a 1000 pellets are gone in 2 months.
This should be 2yrs worth of targets/squirrel/rabbit.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
That doesn't seem like too many to me. At my old house In the country I had an outdoor range that was lit and I would shoot until 1 in the morning many days with my bench next to my wood stove.
I was going through 3-4 thousand pellets a month. I was able to get out to seventy five yards shooting out the shop door to the backstop.
But those days are gone my ex wife now owns that house.....

Still at pa price and all like shipping or just having to mail order does it come out less the Walmart 6.45$ walk in local?

Pa, 11.50 less 2.30 is $9.20 a tin ?

Take that $3 difference every 2-1/2 tins is a free tin buying Walmart vs pa
Never even considered wallyworld. I guess it's good I haven't pulled the trigger yet...thanks.

Never even considered wallyworld. I guess it's good I haven't pulled the trigger yet...thanks.
The pro's never do.. it's fancy mail order pellets or nothing .🤤.

Now on occasion Amazon has them on a sale that can be worth a look . Right now there same as Walmart price .. bad thing amazons boxing them for shipping can be hit or miss. From well packed to just carelessly throwed in a box loose..lol

The pro's never do.. it's fancy mail order pellets or nothing .🤤.

Now on occasion Amazon has them on a sale that can be worth a look . Right now there same as Walmart price .. bad thing amazons boxing them for shipping can be hit or miss. From well packed to just carelessly throwed in a box loose..lol
Lol I order some H&N pellets from Amazon and it said shipped from Jersey. Apparently there is a Jersey, France. They mailed my pellets in a slightly padded envelope. They didn't survive the journey.

Lol I order some H&N pellets from Amazon and it said shipped from Jersey. Apparently there is a Jersey, France. They mailed my pellets in a slightly padded envelope. They didn't survive the journey.
Well ones I got from Pennsylvania warehouse came poorly boxed , box looked like a well reused box and tins just thrown in loose banging around and some dented . How it made it here with out busting open and spilling the contents was a miracle..

The next order came from Memphis warehouse and it was well packed in a new looking box tight and bladder paks came clean and undamaged..lol

So maybe depends what area or warehouse got careing workers that do a good job?

That doesn't seem like too many to me. At my old house In the country I had an outdoor range that was lit and I would shoot until 1 in the morning many days with my bench next to my wood stove.
I was going through 3-4 thousand pellets a month. I was able to get out to seventy five yards shooting out the shop door to the backstop.
But those days are gone my ex wife now owns that house.....
Tragic, no doubt!

Reactions: harrympope
You were out and the price was down to about as low as its going to go these days so you needed them and it worked out. The only thing I wouldve done different is bought more before I ran out, I bought enough in the beginning to just replenish when the tins hit a price i like. The only problem is the pellets i have on hand will probably outlast me.

Reactions: muddydogz