Is it just me or this forum all about fx guns?

When FX rigs commonly out shoot the shooter you find that label hate.

FX is the new standard,like it or not.

Shooting Event results shoot thru marketing/forum banter quite easily.

All my guns out shoot me including my impact, I don’t hate any of them but all my other guns out shoot my impact. If my fx is the new standard then I think i will stick with the old standard.

Bb

@texas - Interesting comment. Let’s look at EBR 2019: 

For all events completed at EBR, and 
taking the first, second and third place positions at each event, the manufacturers’ scores ranked as follows:

Air Force – 3
American Air Arms – 2
Daystate – 17
FX – 13
Kalibr – 1
PitBull – 1
Rapid Air Weapons – 2
RusBear customized Jaeger – 3 
RTI – 1
Thomas – 1

Congratulations to all the winning manufacturers and the shooters who used them!

Things that make you go hmmm... Now objectively, which manufacturer had the best showing at EBR 2019? ;)

...I don’t hate any of them but all my other guns out shoot my impact.

I'm curious. What are these "other" guns that outshoot your Impact?

Looking forward to your guns taking a few titles then
1f602.svg

Does it matter what other guns I have and have access to? 

my impact is accurate enough, consistent enough, quite enough and nice enough. If enough is ok with you that’s fine but I want more! more accurate, more consistent, more quiet and that’s what my other guns are capable of....more!

To compare my other guns is not a fair comparison because they have all been heavily modified but they are cheaper too. I have only had my impact a short while and have already made it much better not by adjustment of the reg but by improvements to the engineering which, lets face it, on a gun of this price should be sorted before I got it, I still have ideas that have the potential to be improved still further. .

I don’t do competition shooting, I am not that good, while a gun might be capable of MOA groups at 100 yards it there anything wrong with wanting to shot 1/2 MOA at 100yards?

i would happily recommend an impact to anyone who wants one but let’s stop all this BS “unless you have an impact you are haven’t got a the best gun”

As I have said, I really like my impact because it’s different but i not going to justify me spending $2000 by it saying it’s my best gun when that simply isn’t true.......yet!

Bb

ps, this is another little niggle which discovered last night while my friend was shooting my impact. for the past few weeks I have noticed some small abrasions on my knuckle, I couldn’t figure out how I got them until he got one!. There is a sharp edge where the aluminium joins to the butt pad. While supporting the gun it slices lumps of skin off. A simple remedy is to slide butt pad down, but this should never have been allowed to leave the factory like that, the butt pad is 3mm too short.

1576066431_18888663125df0dd7f719718.34313526_8D02AD38-9983-435F-A345-8B800CB23B5E.jpeg

Just to make it clear, I do not hate my impact I just want it better!

Bb

Does it matter what other guns I have and have access to?

You're the one that brought it up. Stating that you have other guns that outshoot an Impact is a pretty bold claim (not that there aren't any out there). Own, and having owned both Daystates and FX units, I was just genuinely curious as to what those other guns were.

...i would happily recommend an impact to anyone who wants one but let’s stop all this BS “unless you have an impact you are haven’t got a the best gun” 

I don't think anybody has said that, or even implied it, at least not in this thread. FX has proven itself to be one of the best, and this makes them popular with the masses. I don't know what the problem is.

FX has a very strong marketing campaign running.

With the amount of time spent dicking around on you tube by folks, it should not really be a mystery why FX is in the forefront of every ones gray matter. 

I own several of their rifles, and they work fine for ALL AROUND pesting and plinking use for me. 

10 meter? nope

Bench rest? nope

Trying to impress friend's with one hole groups? nope

Busting squirrel heads? yep

Grouping in 1/2 inch at 50 yds.? yep

Something to shoot because it is too nice to be inside? yep

Reactions: bucketboy
...I own several of their rifles, and they work fine for ALL AROUND pesting and plinking use for me. 

10 meter? nope

Bench rest? nope

Trying to impress friend's with one hole groups? nope

It's unfortunate you couldn't get any of your FX guns to perform for you in those two disciplines. And as far as not being able to impress your friends with one hole groups (50 yds? 100 yds?), perhaps it's time to get new friends. 😁