Is it just me or this forum all about fx guns?

I don't own an FX either. Right now the only thing I want to see / hear / watch via some video is if the FX Hybrid slugs will fire reasonable well ( or really well! ) through something *other* than an FX. I have a .22 AA S510 XS Ultimate Sporter - If those slugs shoot as well through other barrels as they (seem) to with the FX's that they're all currently being tested on . . . then I might be buying me first FX product.

.... and yeah - add this thread to the count of "FX threads" - lol! :)

Some of this is, I honestly think, FX just sells more guns. Look at the number of different companies in the United States whose primary brand is FX. Now compare that to Daystate, Edgun, AGT, RAW etc. Sure, they exist, but there are just so many. It seems like business for FX is absolutely booming, and so it makes sense to me that posts would be roughly proportionate to sales. 

There are three other elements at play here though, I believe. 

First is that FX keeps changing things. Some of this is spectacular advancement, which keeps people excited and talking. This relentless pace must be hell from a manufacturing and supply perspective, I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to handle that as a company, but they keep doing it and so it generates buzz. This keeps things moving and shaking though. What would you post about an Air Arms TX200? The design has remained essentially unchanged for years. They are great guns, and sell well, but what is new that would generate buzz? Nothing really. 

The second is that FX guns are made to be tunable. And that invites page after page of questions, difficulties, troubleshooting, etc. I've not seen any evidence FX has a higher defect rate than any other brand, in fact I've not seen any good data on defect rates per brand at all, but boy they get their share of roasting for both the fiddle-ability (user error) and large sales numbers they generate (some percentage of everything has a defect rate). Take the Air Arms TX200 again as another example, once again a great gun which sells well, but they are relatively rarely tuned and if/when they are, it usually is either with a kit or by sending it to someone else. It isn't such a complex mystery that even "average" users are diving into, if that makes sense. 

The third is slugs. This slug game is changing expectations for performance of airguns. I'm personally not a huge fan, but a lot of people are and with good reason. However there is still a fair bit of mystery and necessary work to get slugs running well in a given gun, and FX has pioneered that. If you were to take another brand, say a Daystate Redwolf, sure you can put slugs in it and tweak the numbers up and down, but beyond that it either groups or it doesn't. FX has added the changing of barrels and calibers to the list of tunable options, and so now there are major games afoot. It has made the slug game a lot less "take it or leave it" but rather a tunable exercise. 

And there is a final element I'd like to point out here, which is that guns such as the Umarex Gauntlet may also sell extremely well. They are more entry level and less of an enthusiast's rifle though. If you spend a few hundred dollars on an airgun, maybe you want to go online and talk about it, but maybe you also just wanted a squirrel gun and are happy to leave it at that. More expensive airguns though become more of a "thing," as you're more invested both financially as well as emotionally/intellectually, so you may be more inclined to spend time that you can't be shooting on your keyboard talking with other people wishing you were shooting and learning about airguns. 

Just my 2c. 

Reactions: Dingfelder
There is a very good reason for this. You'll have to look through the old yellow forum archive starting about 2013/2014. Be sure to search FX related posts. You won't find many if any after 2014 there. This website was created out of the censorship received on the old yellow. That's the very short version. Maybe others from that time can chime in. I only ask to keep it clean as it's clear who came out on top after it ended.

I was there.. saw the whole thing. Same episode turned a bunch of people against AoA, for no good reason other than some people's ego, and a desire to be a "playa" in the AG industry.

Mishandled rule changes (and it was, but after hearing WHY they did it, it made sense) started it, fanned by some yellow members and the owner into anti-AoA sentiment. your posts would be deleted if you mentioned them.

much bigger, in depth story, but Id not want to risk bring the wrath of the yellow down onto this forum.

I don't own an FX either. Right now the only thing I want to see / hear / watch via some video is if the FX Hybrid slugs will fire reasonable well ( or really well! ) through something *other* than an FX. I have a .22 AA S510 XS Ultimate Sporter - If those slugs shoot as well through other barrels as they (seem) to with the FX's that they're all currently being tested on . . . then I might be buying me first FX product.

.... and yeah - add this thread to the count of "FX threads" - lol! :)

I have seen some reviews done on the bullets as Rat Sniper using the Marauder and they seemed to perform well but I too will be buying some to see how they perform in standard pellet barrels

Nothing against fx guns..I own one too but I want to hear about crosman, hatsan, air arms, daisy, red wolf, brocock, etc.

Lots of forums that do discuss those guns. Yes this forum has a distinct high end leaning, but (for me at least) there is also a LOT of great technical knowledge here too. NO forum is perfrect, or covers what every member could want. Thats why I read a number of forums regularly. Variety is the spice of life they say, and FX is but one flavor 😎

You need to ask questions about brands and particular models. The forum is a place where I've asked about what I want too know about. It SEEMS to me that FX is to me the most innovating manufacturer. Before FX it seemed to me things were expensive and slow to change. Before FX there was Benjamin, Beemans, Crosman, Daisy, and Sheridan air guns. Benjamin seemed to have the early successful pumpers then Sheridan in .20 and Crosman. Beeman was a man who would contract european air gun makers to make a particular change to one of their models and mark it Beeman. When Theobin came out with his gas ram rifle then changed it so you could adjust the pressure in the gas ram I believe Beeman approach him to join forces. Crosman, Benjarman,Sheridan, and Daisy began to bring out new models. I had several Daisy bb pistols a crosman pump pistol. In those days I could buy a .22 lr for less then a high power air gun. .22 long rifle by the 500 round brick was less then .01 a shot and much more effective. FX ( Fredrik Axellson) started his company in a shed in his back yard. He wanted to build more better, more innovative, powerful air guns. Change till then was slow. Since then people have imported more foreign made air guns( to make a profit) and more manufacturers have cropped up and the air gun field is more exciting and innovative. This is to me an old man of 70 basic 20th century air gun evolvement. I don't have all the facts and after Chemo and resulting brain deterioration ( chemo brain) I've lost memory. Like I said this is how I remember it. Companies seemed slow to invest money in new models, I guess t5hey were happy with their profits and chose not to take a chance on losing money on a fail new idea. I keep thinking I should just be quiet and let things go as they will. 

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
I would have to think there is decent correlation between the new products released by a brand over a given window of time and its forum mentions/topics during that same period. Consequently, it’s no wonder FX gets a lot of air time: they keep coming up with new stuff for us to discuss/debate.

To this point, just look at all the Uragan forum activity lately... as soon as people start getting their hands on new gear, you know they’re going to post about it.

When I first entered into this sport it seemed most of the posts were about Marauders, and that was all anyone posted about. I looked into buying one for my first PCP, but I've been an "against the grain" kind of guy and went with a Brocock, before the Daystate buyout and the arrival of the Bantam. I used to watch a lot of the "big" guys hunting videos on YouTube, but tired of seeing all the FX hype.

It's been said on this thread that FX listens to the airgun enthusiasts, if that's the case then...HEY FX! HOW ABOUT OFFERING A LEFT HANDED VERSION OF YOUR RIFLES!

If you are a lefty, just do it.
1575410244_13819390555de6da447872b8.64827282_imagejpeg1_02.jpg
1575410285_3671813085de6da6de43e88.42052298_imagejpeg1_01.jpg

It's been said on this thread that FX listens to the airgun enthusiasts, if that's the case then...HEY FX! HOW ABOUT OFFERING A LEFT HANDED VERSION OF YOUR RIFLES!

And that is the reason I went to the Daystate Wolverine R. --------------- Ambidextrous

I am a proud owner of a used FX Wildcat mark 1(headed my way in the mail) .22 Cal, with all of the talk about the hybrid bullets I wanted to know if they would shoot well out of the gun or if there was a way to upgrade the barrel to a slug barrel ...... So I went straight to the source and called FX I wasn't on hold three minutes and spoke to a representative, who then after getting my questions went to Ernest and asked him. 

Short answer no to the upgrades, unknown about how well they will shoot in the mark 1 but they are checking it out for me to see.

I've called other tech supports and FX is the best I have ever delt with 

I made sure to tell them that, and funny enough I mentioned the same thing about left handed action 😂

To the OP question........I would say not really. However, yes it does seem like it. I think FX is just the flavor right now. They as a company appear to have a product that is very successful and in much demand today. Whether that be from excellent marketing or superior product offering. That is a matter of opinion. But, they are very popular regardless of the reason. They won't stay there most likely. Eventually some one else will take their current position by out performing them in either marketing or actual product advancement. Or....FX will become stagnant as often happens with very successful organizations. It is just the natural progression of things. I am new to the whole PCP thing and don't own an FX. I have a Benjamin Marauder and feel like if I ever have any questions and am in any need of advice, there are aplenty of people here that would respond to me with all the help and info that I would need. Thats what is important. You can't be sour grapes that the rifle you have is not the headlines. Mine isn't. But, I know it's a good rifle, it fills my needs in spades right now, and I enjoy it. It be what it be...LOL