Is it just me or this forum all about fx guns?

It's like fx this fx that. 90% of the topics is fx guns..crown this, impact this, wildcat this....you know what I'm getting at. There are topic of other guns too but rarely. Every days has to have like 5 new topics about the same fx guns. Nothing against fx guns..I own one too but I want to hear about crosman, hatsan, air arms, daisy, red wolf, brocock, etc.

Reactions: bucketboy
I see it as only 20 to 30% FX but even if it is more It doesn't really matter to me it is what it is kind of like Motorhead said "flavor of the moment for many" and changes by the hour or day. I post about the Air Arms, RWS and Crosman guns I have as well as my Impact. It's kind of like whatever I am shooting the most at the time gets the most posts.

It's like fx this fx that. 90% of the topics is fx guns..crown this, impact this, wildcat this....you know what I'm getting at. There are topic of other guns too but rarely. Every days has to have like 5 new topics about the same fx guns. Nothing against fx guns..I own one too but I want to hear about crosman, hatsan, air arms, daisy, red wolf, brocock, etc.

Probably because there is more to fiddle with on an Impact, so more things to ask questions about and more things to fix when you fiddle with the wrong things or fiddle with the right things in the wrong order.

Bb

There is a very good reason for this. You'll have to look through the old yellow forum archive starting about 2013/2014. Be sure to search FX related posts. You won't find many if any after 2014 there. This website was created out of the censorship received on the old yellow. That's the very short version. Maybe others from that time can chime in. I only ask to keep it clean as it's clear who came out on top after it ended.

FX reminds me of Nikon in the '60's camera world. It may not be the best product out there, but it's good, and they get it in the hands of a lot of folks who do well with it. Of course, many of these folks would do well with a Red Ryder. The current generation of FX rifles are, to me, of greatest interest to those customers who like to tinker, and FX makes it easy to do so. I own a Royale 400, and I believe that original platform is very good. I have found it accurate, dependable, and with a solid barrel, it absorbs the minor bumps of normal handling without ill effect. I had a Crown, and found the sleeve/liner/shroud barrel assembly a bit fragile, and the Smooth Twist X liner needed cleaning much more often than my old ST barrel on the Royale. From what I have seen, the Continuum utilizes a more robust sleeve and liner barrel assembly system, and should be an improvement. Their nearly frenetic pace of delivering new products is, to me, less reassuring of a solid,dependable rifle than some other makers, who tend to make small improvement to a well proven design, that just keeps on doing well without a lot of fanfare. But, maybe I'm just old and boring. We need vitality in the market, and FX serves it up.

All of the stuff happened before I was around on the Yellow Forum, 

What I can say is that while there are a lot of FX guys on this forum Michael unlike other forum owners has created a very fair and open forum even when I have found things that I did not agree with and stepped on a lot of toes my posts was not removed. This Forum and its Advertising does support Michael but he allows marketing from of other manufactures and retailers with fair advertising prices and equal rights for all, Further he has insured that all "Marketing" and advertising stays compartmentalized from member posts to insure a clean forum that is easier to use, with very strict posting rules for retailers and manufactures.

I have never owned an FX and could not justify the cost of owning one, (although a few days ago I did do some trading to get one) My primary reason for breaking down and getting one is watching how they have taken the customers loyalty and feedback and returned it with advancements in engineering even better guns without the gimmicks

So yeah I guess there are a lot of FX posts mostly because this year and a lot of last year FX has stepped up to the plate and made some very large and positive leaps in airgun advancement whereas many of the other manufactures has sort of just stayed at the status quo mark