Is it just me or are there too many choices?

Hear me out, but there are just too many air rifle mfgs out there...

I know, more choice and more selection should always be better for the consumer. However there is so much junk out there as well (both cheap & expensive alike) that it makes it difficult to sort good from bad. The youtube marketing machine also clouds the water as well. 

So, for those reasons I say that there are too many PCP manufacturers out there... change my mind... ;-)

Yea with the world markets mostly open to the USA market of would-be consumers it is quite the menu indeed.

Unless the gun is of SUPER quality, you need to be conscious of parts and support years or sooner down the road. For the truly high quality stuff it is O-rings and maybe a poppet valve which is easy to replace and/or fabricate. The lower end guns that offer a lot of bling and in your face sex appeal .... watch out and spend your dollars wisely.

And ... if you have money to burn and just want what you want it makes no difference, so just buy what meets your fancy and be done with it.

Further in this rabbit hole one may also look at intended usage if beyond plinking and just screwing around with a modern air gun. Serious target work, competition sports require generally more than your run of the mill entry level air guns if your going to get serious. Hunting and SIZE of game also in this conversation.

Good Luck .... Buy once Cry once buying into better quality, performance & accuracy.

I don’t know if there is too much because I like the variety of choices. But I know what you mean about the cheaper air guns. And some of those lower-priced air guns are actually pretty good. That’s why I don’t rely on reviews completely on YouTube. I read a lot of reviews from People that actually bought them Whether it’s Amazon or pyramid air or wherever.The more reviews the better.And the longer the air gun has been out there for sale the better also. That way there has been a lot more people that have tested it.

Yes, I think there are too many choices of airguns and scopes. It is dizzying to keep up with it all, so I don't. I am at the age, I don't need or want anymore guns or scopes. That doesn't mean I won't buy anymore. It is great having choices, but it requires lots of research before making decisions. Ain't it great living in America! The free market will pick the winners and losers.

It's just you, we are not even close to having enough choices! I am looking for a bullpup PCP built well, like an Edgun but a threaded barrel like a Taipan, with the "removable" magazine capacity of an Impact. Built-in/shoot through magazines, semi or full auto, need NOT apply. Don't want any electronics either. I like the Uragan King; great shot count, but, tiny magazine capacity = dumb. This is just an example, I have a laundry list of things that I would like to see that I have complained about before, so much so, that even I am tired just thinking about it. I envy that you only have to make a choice of what is available to be content. You are in a happy place indeed!

Too many for the average person to not have a good chance of making a mistake on the first buy or two. This hobby is a second-buy/multi-buy haven. (Nightmare?)

Caveat: Lots of times you have no idea what making that first purchase means. It might be a perfect fit or show you how wrong you were in hoping you had just bought your perfect fit. And perfect fit could mean almost anything.

To me, this hobby is all about being willing to adapt and sell off/rebuy. There is truly no best air rifle/pistol for everyone ... and it's almost impossible to know before you've already made your purchase. 

This is from very little experience, just saying. Just thinking through my own after five purchases and trying to adapt, myself. To me, my environment and its limitations, my airguns and their strengths and limitations, my HOA, etc. 

There are too many choices because there are too many you's. And too many environments, with all their restrictions and possibilities, you might face.

It's just you, we are not even close to having enough choices! I am looking for a bullpup PCP built well, like an Edgun but a threaded barrel like a Taipan, with the "removable" magazine capacity of an Impact. Built-in/shoot through magazines, semi or full auto, need NOT apply. Don't want any electronics either. I like the Uragan King; great shot count, but, tiny magazine capacity = dumb. This is just an example, I have a laundry list of things that I would like to see that I have complained about before, so much so, that even I am tired just thinking about it. I envy that you only have to make a choice of what is available to be content. You are in a happy place indeed!

YEP!!!!

I don't mind having a lot of choices. I'm still looking for the perfect gun for a few purposes I have in mind so I hope some Co in the future comes up with it! 

Research - all you have to do is ask which guns are the most reliable and well supported. Chances are you'll be more happy than the guy that bought trouble by not spending ample time to investigate. 

There are so many wonderful airguns available now that choosing which one to buy can be a daunting task...so you must put in lots of hours of research on the different ones your interested in and compare the features of each one against the others. And then when you have narrowed it down to a few promising candidates come here and ask for some pros and cons on each one...even down to which caliber to buy for your particular needs. So you are going to have to do your own homework like it or not...or of course you could just let someone else make your decisions for you and then blame them if your not happy...😆