• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is it just me or are there too many choices?

Same story with Centerfire - but even more choices....

It all just depends on how good your Google-foo is. I started researching and getting into PCP in March of this year. It all started with a search "best air gun" a reddit post popped up and someone stated "best" would be a PCP of some flavor. I had no idea what that was. So then I googled PCP airgun - from there went to a few of the sites that popped up first do to their SEO optimization such as Pyramyd Air, AoA, Utah Air etc. Then headed to PCP rifles and sorted most expensive to least.....so on a so forth. You just narrow things down bit by bit and find good forums. 

After all my research I've landed on two rifles as my first PCP. AAA EVOL .30 Magnon and an Edgun Leishy 2 in .25 with a Valkyrie kit. I got a Great White tank and will eventually buy an Alkin or Bauer. Just filling at the Scuba shop for a 6 months to a year. I think I did ok right? All it takes is patience and lots of research.

@c158 those are heck of starter PCPs!!!! How big is your great white tanks? It should be 60 minutes right? Do you really fill up once every 6 months? I have the 45 minute tank and I fire up the compressor almost every week but that should significantly increase now since I just got my hand pump for the little guns which weirdly seem to take a lot of air. 

@c158 those are heck of starter PCPs!!!! How big is your great white tanks? It should be 60 minutes right? Do you really fill up once every 6 months? I have the 45 minute tank and I fire up the compressor almost every week but that should significantly increase now since I just got my hand pump for the little guns which weirdly seem to take a lot of air.

Its the 97CF model.

The 6-month to a year reference is me "dealing" with going to the scuba shop 30 minutes away to get it filled. After that I think Ill buy one of the said compressors of some flavor.

I am sure it will get filled many times in that period of time haha. If a tank could satisfy both of these guns being used a fair amount to their optimum fill pressures for 6 months I HIGHLY doubt I or many here would buy their own compressor. At least I wouldn't. 

There may be a lot of choices when you are new to the hobby but after you have been around for a while, there aren’t that many choices. You know what style you want and the level of quality in the build. Suddenly there is not much to choose from.

This is one of the best statements in the thread imo....I count this as true with my centerfire, PCP (I figured it out when it comes wo quality more or less), watches, computer parts, tv's, - you name it. There is a lot of "noise" in any given niche and once you break through that, things become very clear. Many MANY companies looking to make a quick buck off of the many who do not do their research and it can be a daunting task to get through said companies marketing and so forth as many are very good at it.

I agree completely... when we consider the weight of the rifle, power, quality, design, great looks, point ability, parts availability, and real easy to work on and tune, it really only boils down to one choice... FX Air Guns!

You can rest easy knowing that if there's a problem with your FX airguns you can easily obtain parts and either fix the problem yourself or send it out to someone to fix for you. That equals a whole lot of Peace of Mind after the purchase!

Both the EVOL 30 and the Leishy 2 are not field tested by all of us yet. There's always a good chance of issues with new guns, but I can't see these two having issues considering who is building them. With AAA you could be waiting nearly a year for delivery, just based on last years reports from many that have ordered from AAA.

When I was looking for my next new PCP this year, AAA was top of the list, but they couldn't check all of my boxes as I look further down the road when deciding on another PCP. The only gun that was able to check all of my boxes was the FX Impact MKII in .25 and .30 caliber. It has not disappointed me at all, but can say it is more fragile than my AAA .357 Slayer, or my Marauder builds. Not a huge deal, but enough to note.

So, as my search for a new gun played out, there really wasn't a lot of guns to choose from that I felt worthy enough to go through the financial woes in dealing with my wife. I'd probably have a lot more guns if single, but being single doesn't check all of my boxes, either.

watch reviews aeac is about the best ,think price range,farthest distance you will shoot. and go from there .I will tell you this .I have 2500. dollar guns the feel and finish of the guns is second to none ,but you can spend 300 dollars on a air venturi avenger and it shoots groups just as good as a 2000 dollar will it last 20 years .At 300 you can buy a new one every 5 years and still be ahead.And all the great new add ons are coming great wood stocks.And a whole lot of other stuff.IT makes you think if you can get a 300 dollar gun that shoots that good ,how overcharged are we on high end stuff.

Choses, heck i not only have to deal with air rifles, but then fly rods and reels, powder burners ( now I want a genesis ar 12 gauge), kayaks, cameras and the list goes on and on. Fly rod and reel came up I just had to have, set back my pcp purchase again.

Yeah, the fly gear does get a bit crazy. I'm currently laid up with a ruptured achilles and all I can really do is surf the internet while I'm in this damn cast. I should be mobile just in time for winter steelhead here in Oregon. 

Cheers,