Is it frowned upon to make a lot of posts trying to unlock classified?

Consider it initiation into AN. Don't know if its frowned upon, its the loops of AN's policy so play the game and soon you'll be out of timeout. Easy to find some nice air rifles etc to comment on or inquire about.

Water, temperature usually comes to my mind first (too hot, too cold, just right) ... raining outside, I'm I going to get wet?

Last edited by a moderator:
The question you asked tells me that you want to be perceived in a good light. I for one appreciate that. Prospective buyers in the classifieds will most likely do at least some level of research on sellers and their posts can tell you quite a bit about them.
Well put, anytime I consider a purchase from a member I've not dealt with before, I review post they have made, feedback received, and their general demeanor: are they helpful and add to the discussion ? are they combative ? are they always displeased with a purchase or a sale? Like it or not, posts made on forums like AGN help others form an opinion...................do I want to deal with this individual ? .........or walk away?

10 legitimate posts is easy peasy. Are really wanting to participate or just unload stuff then dig out?
People here are pretty laid back and have tons of worthwhile knowledge. Unlike other forums, you can ask a legitimate question or ask for advice and all the responses you get are “ search button is your friend “BS.
I don't know..I've seen my fair share of those answers, not the say most won't help. But a fair amount will also give you the there's a search button for a reason answer.

If you have air guns, you have opinions. If you don’t have air guns yet, you should have questions.
This is a great place to share both. Next thing ya know you are in the mix and enjoying the forum and the classifieds will be the smallest portion of your interest and participation.
Welcome, make yourself at home and enjoy

If you are here posting just to unlock classified, and posting anything to do so its wrong. If your like that. More than likely your not going to be around afterwards and be a contributing member on the forum.

I've seen this activity alot lately. Ten quick posts, then the individual is gone. Never to be seen again.

Reactions: Gerry52
"Frowned upon"? I don't know if it's really that. It's just that, for a LOT of us, AGN is a place with a sense of community & familiarity, a place to turn to for help & good advice by a core group who've decided to stay here, benefit & GROW from all we've learned. It also allows us to be of service to others when possible & develop relationships with other members. SO MUCH is missed out on by JUST getting in 10 posts to sell stuff. THAT should be an earned "fringe benefit" and, hopefully, NOT one's main motivation for joining (IMHO anyway).

What about having a Classifieds section for non-members who want to sell & only want to sell? Charge a nominal (or not) ad fee & have a accountability/responsibility disclaimer as to person's character/equipment condition? People would have to PAY to skirt the10 post rule. Just like "old timey" newspaper ads.

Last edited:
Reactions: grackleblast