is it better to private sale my impact or try to work a deal with AOA?

"Cliff_Allen"
"sniperlabyo"I'm your aspirin, I love lemon-- a bitter sweet on my part---love to fix and tune her, she has a place in my shop so let's talk!!!

The BP Tuner
Ernest,

You're a pretty amazing guy. Always the first in line to help out. I remember a few years back I posted issues I was having with a new Cricket I received. The thread spiraled down pretty quickly into petty arguing about my poor lack of judgement for posting my problems about a new gun on the forum. You stepped in and turned everything around with one post offering to have me send the gun to you for a full tune. Thank you for continuing to be such a positive influence!

Referring back to that thread, I still don't understand that mentality from some people. When I'm researching a gun, I actually want to hear peoples bad experiences, not just the rosy ones, so that I can make an informed decision before purchasing. Telling people they shouldn't be posting about their issues and to only take it up with the retailer (who in that case was not AOA by the way) is, regardless of other motives, just blocking other peoples access to pertinent information IMHO. I'm not referring to anyone in this thread, I feel everyone here is genuinely trying to help. I guess this is just bringing me back and I'm still bitter about my own experience going through a similar situation and am ranting a bit lol. 

Regardless Ernest, your generosity seems to know no bounds and you're an asset to the community. I hope you stay around for a long time, thank you for all you do!

Regards,
Cliff

Cliff spot on im a member of the daystate member forum and you would not believe how much the mod's (mainly a guy called Simon C) silence people who don't have anything but good to say about DS if you go look on there negative feedback section EVERY single post has been locked EVERY one of them its a joke, that being said most of the users there are really wonderful guy's but the MODS.... don't get me going.

This forum is the forum that is setting the example of what a free speech forum should be im yet to find a better bunch of people who all share a common joy in a common hobbie we all should be proud because this is the forum for the airgun shooters that will, can, and does help others.

coonslayer Im sorry your having problems with your new rifle I hope you get it sorted out rather than selling it don't give up yet. Ernest has generously offered to have a go at sorting it out im sure if you decide to keep it you'll have more of a connection to that rifle than you will have if you buy your second option I know it sucks there is nothing worse when something new dosnt perform but stick with it when its rite you'll never wanna let it go.

Baz 

oh by all means im not saying anything bad about this forum read it again im saying the opposite this forum is the only forum that dosnt silence people with constructive criticism if it did it wouldn't be the best airgun forum. all that matters is that the forum is ran by shooters for shooter not the company's that finance it if it came done to to it im sure we would all make donations towards the running of this forum. 

ozone08oh by all means im not saying anything bad about this forum read it again im saying the opposite this forum is the only forum that dosnt silence people with constructive criticism if it did it wouldn't be the best airgun forum. all that matters is that the forum is ran by shooters for shooter not the company's that finance it if it came done to to it im sure we would all make donations towards the running of this forum.

I think he meant on the DS owners forums. Mods keep the negative posts under wraps to keep the sponsors there happy.

Sounds like your two best options are:

A. Send it to AoA for warranty repair. Rumors are that FX sent a technician to AoA to teach their techs all the "in & outs" of the Impact. So they should be able to repair any/all problems under warranty (for free). As with any business; I find it beneficial to be clear, concise, & complete (CCC). The better you treat them, the better they will treat you. Let them know you're frustrated, but in a tactful manner. If you're still not happy with the results then you may want to sell it or trade it in for a simpler single caliber gun.

B. Take Ernest up on his offer. If you're still not happy with the results then you may want to sell it and get a simpler single caliber gun.

I would go with Ernest first. You may fall in love with your rifle when it comes back. EDIT: FX warranty may be void if not worked on by AOA. 

Next, take Option 3: "...Deal with AOA and go through the hassle of having everything fixed properly under warranty. Once it’s 100% it will be more marketable to the public and you will likely lose very little selling it used...."

I have no skin this fight, or axe to grind, but why should he have to go to Ernest? I get that Ernest is willing to fix it, and all credibility to him for volunteering to sort it out, I would probably do it myself if I was at this point, as all faith in the appropriate vendors backing their products is just not there, and an Ernest tune would FIX it once and for all..... That said, the elephant in the room is AoA and FX..... Why have they not stepped up to put this right? This gun should be ALL it was touted to be. It isn't, continues not to be, and where are the AoA or FX posts saying send it to us we will fix it? Just asking? You cannot own a business that is THE sole game in town for control of the market and costs, and have this BS going on... They own this site and police the forum, where is the follow up? You cannot have it both ways.

And while I agree in CCC, this guy laid out $1800 plus for a gun he is not happy with to the point he is ready to take a loss in selling it. why would he not be pissed? It is not his fault, he paid the dough for a product that does not live up to expectations....

Again, no axe to grind, just pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Personally, I would love to own an Impact, but the challenges and issues to me make it a risk I am not willing to take. While there may be a huge amount of folks who have them who are not experiencing any problems. The issue is, there are known issues, and no real commitment on the forum to officially own them as real issues and address them..

"ashes5"I would have called AOA before writing this post. Why go to people that can't help you!!! If AOA can't help that is what the manufacture feedback is for. I hope AOA will bend over backwards for you since I own a impact also. I haven't had any problems except my own bad shooting.
good luck. My 1 cent give AOA a chance.
well actually aoa already left a bad taste in my mouth, this post wasn't supposed to be about the problems with the gun or who was gonna fix it. it was what was the best route to take to try and recoupe the $2700 i invested in this POS. the feedback i recieved here has been mostly constructive and i would like to thank the other member's who have helped me with the other small issues i had in the past. now the feedback i've recieved here tells me i have to have aoa do the repairs to keep it in the factory warrenty. but after looking at my original paper work it state's a differant company was the importer? i didn't buy it from that company or aoa. although i am the original purchaser.

@coonslayer I would contact the company you purchased it from and they should get with AOA to arrange repairs, or they will tell you to contact AOA to arrange for repairs since AOA is the only authorized center as far as I know. The warranty has a value, you should use it. When you purchased your rifle, in the price of the rifle the FX warranty is already included/calculated in. 

"amoxom"They own this site and police the forum, where is the follow up? You cannot have it both ways.

Your accusations about AoA owning & policing this site are false. I am the sole owner of Airgun Nation, and I can assure you that neither myself or any of our moderators are affiliated with AoA in any way. I do not appreciate you writing things like this. 

AoA may read some of the forums, but they have never been known to participate in general discussions. If the OP has a problem with a rifle that is under warranty then he should contact them directly. I have never seen AoA use our Private Message system, so unless they know who the alias "coonslayer" is, I would guess that the chances of the vendor contacting him are slim.

Coonslayer,
I certainly would have a conversation with the dealer you bought it from unless you bought it used. If they want your future business, they will make it right. If you bought it "used", I would have the thing looked at by a tuner. Better to lose a little on repair for resale than to lose your shirt by discounting it so much as it is not functioning properly. Hope this helps,

Doc