FX Is indexing your liner in the FX important?

My rainbow was not as consistent as yours. My highest was more on the left. I also torque down the jam nut to the same every time. That also makes a difference.

There's a 2 shot group , at the bottom 7 o'clock , and around 10 and 11 o'clock. When it did 5 shots at 12 o'clock position I stopped . Then zeroed the scope . I did loose my black line and will scribe a small line for future reference . But there are many variables and I just do my best. I shot 2 shots then adjusted trying to use the same torque each time.

I tuned the mav some while indexing. Check the last 6 shots.

Screenshot_20240308-153417_FX Radar.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed when using the CF tube over your liner, the indexing doesn't do much... When using just the factory o-ring, it did make a difference and was beneficial. For the CF tube I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze...
The cf tube may not give better overall results but I would think it gives better long term consistency. Once the orings begin to degrade or if the liner is placing more tension to one side they will eventually take a set on that side. Once those things happen I would think you would start to see some inconsistency in the groups or poi.