• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is heavier more accurate with .22 pellets ? Which to buy ?

"ajshoots"Every barrel is different and will prefer a different pellet. Only way to know is try. Pellets are cheap!!
I agree with what AJ is saying. The only way to find out is to test them in your rifle. I have found that barrels are like individuals. No 2 will react in exactly the same manner. Just by changing the weight of the pellet does not guarantee better accuracy...testing by the shooter in necessary to determine the pellet best suited for your rifle. And like AJ says, "pellets are cheap" and it doesn't hurt to have a variety of pellets in stock in case you buy another rifle/pistol.
Mike

Yeah 18's are best middle ground if not the most optimal in .22. Chairgun shows that JSB15's drift more in just 2mph wind at 28 yards (zero) than 18 or 21gr. But at 40 yards my 18's have 23.7ft lb, the 15's 21ft lb. The 21's have 24.8 but drop more at -1.19inch the 18's -1.04. Nothing horrible about 21 grains but do cost more too. In the end find a head size, pellet type, make, model, batch that your rifle really likes.

Hi, AOA tested my .22 wildcat with jsb 16s but I of course bought a butt load of 18's. Accuracy was good but not quite as good as my cricket.22 or .25 wildcat. So I ordered 4 cans of 16s and wow AOA knew which pellet was best for my gun. 933 fps,one hole accuracy,and my regulator loves them (significant reduction in extreme spread) more shots,cheaper to buy. For me 16s make the most sense but now when I need a .22 the cricket will have to stay home. In my opinion the Wildcat is just as quiet and accurate,lighter ,loads whole lot easier and has the cocking lever where it should be. Just sayin