• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is FX the PCP-world equivalent of Tesla?

FX just has y'all brainwashed into being okay with it. It's just how they do business. 

A new model will be announced before the "old obsolete one" is even in full stock anywhere. 

It blows my mind the lengths that people will go through to try and get one of these things.

You have a point and all correct. However, in the past when FX came out with a new product people complained that they have to wait a year to get the product in stock...effectively FX "just teasing" the buyers. This was a source of a lot of frustration...deservedly. So now that FX has a new product announced and it is (was) in stock and broadly available right away, FX seems to be aiming to mitigate the past mistakes and to please the buyers. Also, if I understand it correctly, anyone who ordered an MK2 will get upgraded to an MK3 (correct me, I may be wrong).

At the end it is "supply and demand". Looks like they are able to attract more buyers then products, those buyers willing to buy and wait, and people still keep coming back.

Fx is the equivalent of dog poop.

Oh, wait does that violate this garbage sites 'laws' where you're not allowed to state an opinion that may come off as insulting or offensive even if its true to your perspective?

Weird. Funny thing though about snowflakes, you all melt when faced with the slightest bit of heat...

I'm insulted that members are comparing the likes of FX to a world changing, innovative brand such as Tesla I have my life savings invested in. Please remove this topic as it violates me

:)

It was actually a bit disappointing to see FX compared to Tesla in the O.P. As we can see from this clown's post, many Tesla 'believers' are rabidly tied to the brand and like so many 'snowflakes' as referenced above, can never be swayed in their opinion by mere facts. In their eyes the company can do absolutely no wrong, even when repeated videos show up of body parts flying off while driving, cars crashing into other vehicles while in self-driving mode, missed deliveries, incredible price hikes for existing solar install contracts they couldn't fulfill in a timely manner, etc. And when some competitive or superior product comes along, all they can do is trash it since it is not a 'Tesla', so therefore it could never be any good. They are known in the electric vehicle industry as "Tesla's Toxic Superfans", and this name comes from a source who is highly Tesla friendly.

No, I don't see FX supporters trashing other brands just because they might do something better, or be an alternative to FX airguns. There is a definite FX brand loyalty, but it hasn't gone toxic like it has with Tesla believers. So it is kind of insulting to compare FX to Tesla. It is a negative in my opinion when anything gets compared to Tesla.

Fx is the equivalent of dog poop.

Oh, wait does that violate this garbage sites 'laws' where you're not allowed to state an opinion that may come off as insulting or offensive even if its true to your perspective?

Weird. Funny thing though about snowflakes, you all melt when faced with the slightest bit of heat...

I'm insulted that members are comparing the likes of FX to a world changing, innovative brand such as Tesla I have my life savings invested in. Please remove this topic as it violates me

:)

It was actually a bit disappointing to see FX compared to Tesla in the O.P. As we can see from this clown's post, many Tesla 'believers' are rabidly tied to the brand and like so many 'snowflakes' as referenced above, can never be swayed in their opinion by mere facts. In their eyes the company can do absolutely no wrong, even when repeated videos show up of body parts flying off while driving, cars crashing into other vehicles while in self-driving mode, missed deliveries, incredible price hikes for existing solar install contracts they couldn't fulfill in a timely manner, etc. And when some competitive or superior product comes along, all they can do is trash it since it is not a 'Tesla', so therefore it could never be any good. They are known in the electric vehicle industry as "Tesla's Toxic Superfans", and this name comes from a source who is highly Tesla friendly.

No, I don't see FX supporters trashing other brands just because they might do something better, or be an alternative to FX airguns. There is a definite FX brand loyalty, but it hasn't gone toxic like it has with Tesla believers. So it is kind of insulting to compare FX to Tesla. It is a negative in my opinion when anything gets compared to Tesla.

Well said. FX by no means is an angel, but they are certainly leading the pack lately...depending where you are looking it from. Daystate was the top dog IMHO at the non-pro level 10-14 years ago, technologically way ahead all. But they stopped innovating for a while in any headline-catching way just until a couple of years ago.

There is some friendly banter between the Red Wolf and the FX top products, but that's healthy and not toxic. I have both Daystate and FX (and Vulcan, Taipain, Hatsan, etc) and I find good/bad things in everyone of them.

FX is certainly pushing the airgun industry ahead at breakneck pace in innovation and bringing long-sight after and envisioned products to fruition. And IMHO they are not the money-hungry manufacturers/sellers as some would like to make them out to be. If they would be why don't they just keep cranking out older models until the market enthusiasm dies down for those before rolling out a new version/line. That way they get the most profits out of that product line. A new product line requires some costly retooling/redesign/service/training eating into the profits and also adds additional risks from customer acceptance and functional-working perspectives. I think the FX folks are just as much of giddy hobbyists as many of us are and can't wait to get their hands on new and exciting things. 

While talking about FX's blitz of innovations "dumped" on us yesterday: I have been working for a while as a hobby on a barrel-mounted inline BLE chronograph with a remote display. Looks like FX beat me to it. However, if FX's barrel chrono is using IR LEDs then I am still ahead of them because mine is not effected by lead-dust, light, heat, cleaning rods, etc and uses around 5-10 times less power then IR LED chronos or the radar dopplers. Mine actually could fit inside the standard FX shroud, thus does not need to be screwed on/off. Started on a doppler-radar as well that would make the FX doppler obsolete...but again...time and huge gaps in my knowledge allow me to only progress slowly. So FX may beat me to that as well! :)

I have a different take on why Frederick keeps bring out new models. Remember He quit an airgun manufacturer cause the owner refused to improve his Rifles and inventory. So Frederick went out on his own using his improved Ideas and in a small shed began building new airguns he designed. I feel HE LIKES TO INVENT NEW GUNS. IT'S LIKE HIS HOBBY. And he is still stickin it to the other manufactures Challenging them to make better airguns and try to best him. He is at a stage now where he can dream about new and better guns and design them and he has done it again. HE'S NOT JUST SITTING BACK RACKING IT IN. Personally I think he gets the job done. And I'm beginning to think he's not so sure semi-auto and full auto is in the best interest of everyone involved, manufactures, dealers, buyers ect. THE CHALLENGE TO ME AND YOU IS TO CHOOSE WHICH MODEL SUITS OUR DESIRES BEST. When .25 impact with the large capacity mag came out. I thought I was there, But I like the easy simplicity of the Maverick adjustments to change fps and foot pounds. If I ever manage to get out of the city into the country and see a few yotes I just might go for the M3 IMPACT. I've not been interested in .30 and up. I'm almost 72 and have no interest in getting hogs and so far they haven't made it to Colorado and Wyoming. I still have & like my PBs and their good for anything in the lower 48. Everyone gets to chase their Dream. Some feel Fredrick is sticking it to 'em. But FX still seems to try and make solutions for our problems. We have many more dealers then before and a brick and mortar center for warranty, repair, research( Earny) ( hope I got his name right) and distribution. In essence Fredrick invents, improves, and accepts improvements from others( the plenum, side shot, butt pads, moderators, et all) faster than it can be manufactured and shipped. I find it just a little exciting waiting and wondering what will show up next and will it be Fredrick, or someone else -- scopes ,side shot magazines, the new metal stocks for Dream line & Impact etc,. Frederick is willing to work with people like Donny Fl and share the market with people that so many of us from AGN have decided are GOOD PEOPLE. There will never be the ultimate air gun. Someone will find a new way to improve it. If you feel betrayed that is sad, I wish it wasn't so. I doubt it was improved to upset you. Airguns fill a particular niche, they will never be power burners. I can put 20 shells in my pocket that will launch a 180 gr slug at 3000+ fps and take an Elk at 300yds. My air guns are for pest control and Small game hunting and FUN ! ! I don't need 100 foot pounds.

As a new member I’m not sure if this will post. I own a Red Wolf and a Wolverine R and I wouldn’t consider Daystate as Tesla or Apple. It’s like trying to compare bananas with meatballs. They have a very different business model that relies very little on your more traditional sales pitches. Simply put, their releases don’t need marketing because those that know just know. I’ve met Tony Belas on a couple of occasions and he ain’t no mug. If their stuff sells without the hard sell marketing, then why should it change. I had to wait months for both of mine due to the demand so why spend when they don’t need to? 
Be safe everyone and go easy on me! 😂

EDIT: I’m also a huge fan of FX and I’m keen on buying one too. 

You guys be grateful you have anything to buy ( well most times ) other places it is more than a matter of inventory in stores that keep people from pursuing a hobby.

I would like to shoot a little longer range and so get a .25 or .30 rifle, i can also do that if #1 i am member of a shooting club - #2 have a hunting license though hunting with air rifles are not allowed as far as i know.

So i can go to a club and enlist, but apparently i can not buy a gun for shooting things that the club do not support, and also most clubs here have short ranges 15 - 50 M

And only a few have longer range options, so really i can not get a gun that way, but i could take the hunting license and then buy a gun for something i can not do, but then use it for something i want to do on private land, where it have always been my plan to shoot as my social skills always had me avoid gatherings of people like in a club.

So what i can legally do, well as it turn out i cant really do anyway.

That you have too much choice, well it do not impress me who have reduced choices for a range of reasons all beyond me.

I have a phone, i will replace it when it do not work anymore, or rather if if my mother die i will throw it out, cuz i dont need a phone, dont like phones.

At the age of 45 i got my first TV, 9 years later ( a year ago ) i threw it out as the quality of what you can see on it VS the price it cost to do so, just do not stack up at all, and streaming are not my solution as aside for curiositystream i am not aware of a service with just a slight interests of mine.