Is Fx really the most accurate guns on earth?

Crazy-Good-Spicy-Italian-Popcorn-1700x1129.1602687032.jpg

I would change that to "one of the most accurate" as there are others that do their part as well. My Impact shoots mostly .5 inch groups at 100 yards when the wind doesn't mess with me to much. So it is very accurate. There are always guns and people out there that can out shoot you no matter what gun or skill level you have.

While I 100% believe you, in a way this infuriates me even more about my impact, it was accurate but would not hold zero from one day to the next, The merest touch on the shroud would throw poi off by inches. I checked and changed everything I could to resolve the issue but never found the underlying problem. In the time I owned my impact, there was never two days in a row where zero would remain constant, I am so envious that your does.

Bb

I changed out the four o-rings around the barrel for 90 duro and put a piece of Delrin between the shroud and trigger block so I could snug the barrel up a bit. I was not having much of a problem, but noticed a few complaints on the subject, and wanted to get the most out of the gun.

Ernest has a similar mod on video although I did mine before this was out.

Still werqing on a better carbon fiber shroud system but it's not done yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMoNqUguX8

I would change that to "one of the most accurate" as there are others that do their part as well. My Impact shoots mostly .5 inch groups at 100 yards when the wind doesn't mess with me to much.

That’s super impressive. I’d say maybe that Impact is the most accurate FX Impact in the world, but not sure about “Airgun” since there are so many different brands. I know from Ted’s videos of his prized .30 Impact he was in search of the holy grail, which to him was a 1/2 inch ten shot group at 100 yards. I don’t remember seeing him post that so I don’t think he’s achieved that yet, even under ideal conditions. So @biohazardman shooting “mostly groups inside 1/2 inch” is truly impressive. So he could take the “most accurate” prize... I am assuming we’re talking at least 5 shot groups and not 2 or 3 shot “groups”. Most FX are not as accurate as Bio’s, but in general they are pretty darn accurate.

I would change that to "one of the most accurate" as there are others that do their part as well. My Impact shoots mostly .5 inch groups at 100 yards when the wind doesn't mess with me to much.

That’s super impressive. I’d say maybe that Impact is the most accurate FX Impact in the world, but not sure about “Airgun” since there are so many different brands. I know from Ted’s videos of his prized .30 Impact he was in search of the holy grail, which to him was a 1/2 inch ten shot group at 100 yards. I don’t remember seeing him post that so I don’t think he’s achieved that yet, even under ideal conditions. So @biohazardman shooting “mostly groups inside 1/2 inch” is truly impressive. So he could take the “most accurate” prize... I am assuming we’re talking at least 5 shot groups and not 2 or 3 shot “groups”. Most FX are not as accurate as Bio’s, but in general they are pretty darn accurate.

I can usually get several three out of five four or five shot groups inside .5 inch on good days. I can hit spray paint cans, three or four in a row, at 200 yards on those days also. But it's not like that most days as the wind usually messes with me. It's really hard to get five good shots off before it changes. That is why I usually just do three shot groups.

Pics of targets in the posts below

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-infamous-slug-power-kit-on-my-gen1-impact/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/installed-my-new-700mm-slug-liner-on-my-impact-and-started-tuning/

Also have this in mind: some guns manufactures have designed a barrel around specific pellet, and the gun is pretty accurate for that pellet, I'm talking about the JSBs.

Then comes the Iguana Hunter and tries a hunting pellet on one of those guns, and bahh, not accurate enough!

I've found that the CZ and LW barrels to be really good at shooting well a good variety of pellets (and slugs), for my application that's what is working right now.

I agree with Glem, blanket statements are hard or next to impossible to quantify. Last time out hunting/ shooting with Mike (Centercut) he said to me "no airgun made is more accurate than the Boss (+Royale & Bobcat) platform". Depends on shooter's ability obviously. Mine are so "over the top" accurate they check all the boxes for me thereby ending my search for the best gun for me. Best on EARTH? Who knows? Don't EVEN want to embark on that voyage! 

I would change that to "one of the most accurate" as there are others that do their part as well. My Impact shoots mostly .5 inch groups at 100 yards when the wind doesn't mess with me to much. So it is very accurate. There are always guns and people out there that can out shoot you no matter what gun or skill level you have.

I changed out the four o-rings around the barrel for 90 duro and put a piece of Delrin between the shroud and trigger block so I could snug the barrel up a bit. I was not having much of a problem, but noticed a few complaints on the subject, and wanted to get the most out of the gun.

Ernest has a similar mod on video although I did mine before this was out.

Still werqing on a better carbon fiber shroud system but it's not done yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMoNqUguX8

I wish it were that easy with mine, 3 barrels (one was a solid LW blank machined to fit) removed the crush nut and replaced that with a milling machines collet Chuck and it still didn’t revolve the issues. It definitely wasn’t barrel, scope, mag, probe, reg or hammer related as all of those were changed too.

Bb