Is FX in a “civil war” ?

First I heard their lead sales guy got fired on a dealer call and now FX USA doesn’t exist. Did some research in their home state and found this.

(If that link doesn’t work use this https://ncbc.nccourts.org/public/

Then type FX in search bar and you’ll find Rumpegarden vs FX USA )

Essentially saying Jon Tueller who I always heard owned FX USA stole a lot of money from many companies !

AGN Members,

There are a lot of good people throughout the industry who are affected by this. It's important to understand that, and be respectful of what they and their families are going through right now.

Let your comments not forget, that this is within the jurisdiction of the United States, and the defendant is "innocent until proven guilty".

Any posts that fall outside of our RULES will not be tolerated.

Thank you
-Michael

Found a article on FX usa online.
" SWEDISH AIR GUN CO. SAYS US EXEC MADE BIZ HIS "PIGGY BANK"

A Swedish maker of high-end air guns has accused the manager of its American arm of plundering the business by racking up millions of dollars in debt while using company funds as a "personal piggy bank" to keep his wife in pricey cars.

In a sprawling complaint in North Carolina state court, posted Thursday, Rumpegarden — the U.S. arm of FX Airguns — says Jonathan Tueller mismanaged their joint venture to import Swedish rifles by overspending on a gaudy warehouse upgrade, stiffing vendors and abusing his expense account to fund a luxury lifestyle.

Tueller also lied in an attempt to squeeze potential investors — celebrity chef Guy Fieri was allegedly a target — and hired a convicted criminal posing as a decorated U.S. veteran to serve as a senior operations manager, the complaint says.

"Instead of honoring his duty and the confidence placed in him, [Tueller] and his wife [Evelyn Elvegaard] and business exercised dominance and influence over Rumpegarden by exercising actual formidable managerial control over FX USA to commit gross mismanagement, fraud, fraudulent manipulation of FX USA's records, concealment, and misappropriation of FX USA's assets for their personal use and benefit and for use in their other unrelated businesses," Rumpegarden said.

Rumpegarden is seeking damages, and wants the court to appoint a receiver to operate FX USA, straighten out its financial situation and investigate Tueller's running of the company.

FX Airguns and Tueller formed a joint venture in 2017; Tueller had a 40% stake. The Swedish company claims Tueller had the upper hand due to his superior understanding of American law and business.

The complaint outlines a litany of problems Rumpegarden says it discovered about Tueller's role in the venture. Tueller violated a spending limits agreement by taking out a $2 million bank loan and also racked up more than $6 million in debt owed to vendors, Rumpegarden says. He also overspent by $2.4 million to purchase and renovate a warehouse, making it the "Taj Mahal" of Wilmington's industrial real estate, according to the complaint.

Tueller is using FX USA, Rumpegarden says, to fund a lifestyle that includes first-class plane tickets intended to cure his wife's fear of flying and renting Bentleys and Rolls Royces for her.

Companies and other entities owned or associated with Tueller and Elvegaard are being used to siphon FX USA's money, according to the complaint.

And the money issues may be worse than believed, as Tueller and a financial director he hired — who isn't a certified professional accountant or a U.S. citizen — have thwarted Rumpegarden in obtaining and auditing financial records, the company says.

Rumpegarden says it believes FX USA is insolvent from the financial records it has been able to obtain, but it can't know for sure because Tueller and his financial director have "cooked the books."

In addition to the alleged financial misdeeds, Tueller "destroyed" FX USA's reputation with the most prominent air gun show in the United States, Rumpegarden says, by making unauthorized sales in a hotel room during the show: this resulted in FX USA's ban from the show. Tueller nonetheless returned to the show the following year, under a different company name, and bragged about it on video: as a result the company was permanently banned.

Tueller pulled out of another important air gun show after Rumpegarden wouldn't meet his demands in talks about him leaving FX USA, the complaint says.

FX USA is also losing respect from military veterans because Tueller hired a convicted criminal who has a sham military record as senior operations manager, Rumpegarden alleges.

A military impostor watchdog flagged the manager's suspicious claim that he earned a Purple Heart certification in 2006 for Operation Desert Storm even though the war began in 1990, according to the complaint. Rumpegarden fears the manager's employment puts FX USA in the crosshairs of the Stolen Valor Act, which makes it a federal crime to pretend to have military awards for personal benefit.

Rumpegarden further claims Tueller and his wife used FX USA to try to "bilk" investors out of $75 million to get in on a "fraudulent scheme": building an eco-park and resort in Puerto Rico. Tueller and Elvegaard had lied about their prowess and profits with FX USA to entice investors into the supposed project and put the American company's money into it, Rumpegarden says.

In an email, Tueller lied about FX USA's worth to try to lure Fieri into handing over money so the manager could buy out Rumpegarden, according to the complaint.

Counsel for Rumpegarden gave no comment Thursday. FX Airguns USA did not immediately respond to a comment request. Attempts to reach Tueller and his wife were unsuccessful.

Read more at: https://www.law360.com/articles/172...ays-us-exec-made-biz-his-piggy-bank-?copied=1 (https://www.law360.com/articles/172...ays-us-exec-made-biz-his-piggy-bank-?copied=1)

"Civilization" is quickly crumbling before our very eyes! The "do unto others" ethic has overwhelmingly become the "What's in it for me" or "I'm getting mine first" ethic! ME FIRST will be civility's & Civilization's downfall. Those who strive to do what's morally right nowadays seem to be in the minority & swimming upstream against a rising current. Sooner or later Nature will figure a way to cull disease from the picture. I never imagined MANKIND would be the disease!
It's all very disheartening.

What’s unfair is those at FX USA that had no part in this, and now need to find other jobs. What will FX be without guys like Ernest, and Newman? It’s disheartening to see such a big hit to a brand liked by many. I have another “used” FX rifle on its way to me. I can’t stay away, but what will come of service and parts in the USA after this?

When I bought my first FX rifle, AoA was the US distributor. AoA built the FX brand in the USA. When FX decided AoA made them viable in the US, they decided to come direct to the US. They kicked AoA to the curb, and gave the US distributorship to someone else. In my opinion, their choice was no coincidence. All I will say is this::

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.
As you sow, so shall you reap.

When I bought my first FX rifle, AoA was the US distributor. AoA built the FX brand in the USA. When FX decided AoA made them viable in the US, they decided to come direct to the US. They kicked AoA to the curb, and gave the US distributorship to someone else. In my opinion, their choice was no coincidence. All I will say is this::

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.
As you sow, so shall you reap.
nothing to do with this or even the same

Reactions: Gerry52
What’s unfair is those at FX USA that had no part in this, and now need to find other jobs. What will FX be without guys like Ernest, and Newman? It’s disheartening to see such a big hit to a brand liked by many. I have another “used” FX rifle on its way to me. I can’t stay away, but what will come of service and parts in the USA after this?
I think, in the long run, FX will strive even harder to maintain their well earned reputation. One bad apple..... & all that.

I admire FX's engineering. Their ability to apply the rifling from the outside of their barrels is, to my knowledge, completely unique. Their dials to fine tune the hammer spring is also interesting. Many different designs, all seem like good guns. If they didn't put the magazine in my face on their bullpups (I shoot from the left shoulder) I would probably own one.

Partnering with somebody who is not ethical, if that is even what happened (it is alleged but not proven from what I can tell) doesn't change anything about their products.

I think, in the long run, FX will strive even harder to maintain their well earned reputation. One bad apple..... & all that.
I agree with this statement whole heartedly. I think fx Sweden prides themselves in what they created too much to not come back with absolute vigilance to right all the wrong doings.

I admire FX's engineering. Their ability to apply the rifling from the outside of their barrels is, to my knowledge, completely unique. Their dials to fine tune the hammer spring is also interesting. Many different designs, all seem like good guns. If they didn't put the magazine in my face on their bullpups (I shoot from the left shoulder) I would probably own one.

Partnering with somebody who is not ethical, if that is even what happened (it is alleged but not proven from what I can tell) doesn't change anything about their products.
Nor does it change the business model & reputation that Axelson (sp) has worked so hard to maintain. This a-hole (FXUSA) doesn't diminish what accomplishments FX has made in the industry or the benefits due to innovation we airgunners have gained from FX (IMHO).

My friend had a Crown MK-1 in for a major service...took over 3 months but they did a commendable job on replacing the whole receiver for minimal cost just last week...kudos to FX especially during these trying times for them! I don't own an FX but would not hesitate to purchase one after seeing what they did for my friend as I was the liaison as my friend lives far from any vendors.