Is FX in a “civil war” ?

Is FX USA just a redistributor, or do that have some other capacities: repair, design?

I've seen a lot of these distributors (in other industries) going into receivership. I suspect what happens is they start off as honest businesses, but as economic times get tight there appears to be lots of ways of defrauding your suppliers -- selling items you haven't purchased yet, etc. Having a "wild west" inventory system where distributors are completely independent operators seems to be a common thread.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
There's a crook in every woodpile. FX is not unique, but I kind of lay some of the blame to Axelson for not bird-dogging the USA operation. Anywhere there is money, it attracts the worst in people.
I think you have hit the nail on the head, it looks like with hindsite he was too keen to leave other to do (and pay for it) and this is one outcome from not taking a financial interest.

Well shoot, this is both upsetting and concerning as someone who jumped in head first with fx rifles just this year. Here’s to hoping Frederik and his folks recover what’s left and get something in place to serve the US market. I was just kicking around the idea of converting my panthera over to a little hunter compact and was pretty close to reaching out and asking about the parts needed and how much I’d be looking at… looks like that project is going to have to wait now :/

There's a crook in every woodpile. FX is not unique, but I kind of lay some of the blame to Axelson for not bird-dogging the USA operation. Anywhere there is money, it attracts the worst in people.
Most companies have some sort of internal audit system that hinders employees from stealing. Apparently FX did not have this check and balance in place and have learned an expensive lesson. I wonder how much they will jack up their prices to make up for the loss? Ultimately the customers will pay the price for their lack of proper oversight.

Most companies have some sort of internal audit system that hinders employees from stealing. Apparently FX did not have this check and balance in place and have learned an expensive lesson. I wonder how much they will jack up their prices to make up for the loss? Ultimately the customers will pay the price for their lack of proper oversight.

As a business you can write off loses, certainly the US division. I don't know the extent of the damage and I know its limited annually but, they may be able to write it off over the next decade, or hundred years? There should be LEGAL loopholes they can jump through opposed to the alleged illegal ones that someone frequented.

Socialize losses.
Privatize gains.

The claims sure sound damning, but let's not forget the justice system in our country is supposed to function on an "innocent until proven guilty system."
That SHOULD be true, but if you haven't noticed, it is no longer true. The scale of justice in the USA is no longer blind and impartial at every level. HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES. It takes no more than common sense and a pair of eyes to see how the justice system is no longer fair and impartial, innocent until proven guilty, and justice will prevail. It's a sad time for sure, especially for those hard working decent people caught up in the mess, who haven't the money or position to control the scale of justice and are praying for justice to prevail which may or may not happen.

IMG_3887.jpeg

Last edited: