Is FedEx's service as bad in your area as in mine?

FedEx has been an issue for years. I live in a rural area and they can never seem to find my house. They will drop my package off at the local post office and they will deliver it to me...(I find that bullsh!t when I paid FedEx to deliver my package) If I go to order xxxxx and see their only shipping method is FedEx, I clear my cart and move on. UPS has been great for many years.

Our last guy from Fred’s Ex had a default address when it was late in day and didn’t want to deliver,one town over is distribution center I screen shot on my phone one time the tracking info when I went to distribution ctr to try and get pkg on their computer showed a different address when I showed the girl my phone and called B S she got huffy and said they need 24 hr notice to take pkg off of delivery truck,pkg came next day address on label all correct info I prefer usps. Hell uber eats is delivering car parts to the body shop I work at.

Reactions: WVaMccoy
As a small business owner that ships close to 1000 packages a years i can say with utter certainty that FedEX is Not the worst..
They are a far cry from being the best, but certainly as a whole, Much better than USPS.

The Best by a mile is UPS.

My basic criteria in rating them
1) will the package reach it's destination and be on time
2) cost of shipping
3) Filing a claim or lost package recovery, USPS sux hairy balls on this, paperwork is a nightmare, and trust me they do not give 2 steaming piles of :poop: about you or your customers.
Got scammed by a website airgunsus.us sent a phony tracking number for usps the number worked on the usps website said pkg delivered at 630 had friends over and we’re sitting on porch from 530 till 800 showed this to postal service that somehow they hacked into there site they said they’d investigate but never heard back ,should not have called it an air gun, maybe just a rifle and showed them a pic because it’s an ar style.

They set the standard for horrible/reckless handling in my area. They bring it to a new low....... The most recent example was that they left a large package at the end of my 200' driveway, in the pouring rain, and no notice that delivery was made. I found it the next morning. You can imagine what that looked like. Probably why it wasn't STOLEN........ It was a pile of mush.

First of all I would like to say that I have to vent about FedEx's delivery system. Most of my airgun related purchases end up being shipped via FedEx.
I don't know why, but they have a terrible record,as far as I'm concerned, in the past 3-4 years.
I'll start off with my latest airgun purchase (purchase of a high end airgun anyway). I bought a dream tact from UA back in October of 21'. Of course I was checking the tracking often because I was anticipating the minute I would receive it. I tracked it from Utah all the way to Memphis and then to Nashville (about 40 miles from my house). I was breathing a sigh of relief because, I just knew it would be at my house just outside of Clarksville, TN by 10:00 the next morning. At around midnight I checked again and the package had just departed Nashville. Hurrah! The next morning I woke and immediately checked to see where it was. They had put it on a truck and shipped it 250 miles east right at the North Carolina border,where it was sitting. Of course I got on the phone to find out what the hell was going on. The guy told me, "Don't worry, it's going to be delivered today. Besides,it wasn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow, originally."
I broke! "What the hell? You guys are the ones who updated the delivery date." "My package was within 40 miles of my house 9 hours ago. If I'd known you were going to ship it here via North Carolina, I'd have arranged to pick it up in Nashville."
Long story short, I finally received it at around 7 that evening.
That's just one story. It just keeps getting better. I have had 6 different shipments via FedEx since then that have been delayed, lost or stolen,or destroyed and damaged.
What the hell is going on with FedEx?
I have had shipments from Midway USA via UPS that are always on time and when I received my packages, they didn't look like someone had been playing football with them.
I wonder if other people are having these issues with FedEx delivery. Or is it just the service around my area?
Fedex was bad at my old address, but great at my new address. I'm sorry you're just going to have to move.
Lol
Seriously though I have picked up so many Fedex deliveries at peoples houses who call me to tell that they have my package.
I ordered 500 rounds of 45 ACP once, and Fedex delivered it to the post office! The post office calls me and says they have a package for me. So I asked the teller, y'all don't ship ammo right? She said no ammo, well aparently Fedex thinks you do, because thats what this is.
Anyway I moved and left that problem behind.
Its UPS that is awfull out here. Why does Pyramid Air's UPS deliveries wind up being delivered USPS? $$?

Fedex was bad at my old address, but great at my new address. I'm sorry you're just going to have to move.
Lol
Seriously though I have picked up so many Fedex deliveries at peoples houses who call me to tell that they have my package.
I ordered 500 rounds of 45 ACP once, and Fedex delivered it to the post office! The post office calls me and says they have a package for me. So I asked the teller, y'all don't ship ammo right? She said no ammo, well aparently Fedex thinks you do, because thats what this is.
Anyway I moved and left that problem behind.
Its UPS that is awfull out here. Why does Pyramid Air's UPS deliveries wind up being delivered USPS? $$?
They use that UPS sure post system. UPS delivers the package to your local Post office and then they deliver. I can't stand that method. I end up changing it to regular UPS ground delivery. It costs me around $7 extra, but then I don't have to worry about the post office destroying my package before I get it!

Reactions: .20calguy
PS
Super important. Sorry I mean make sure I have nothing against India.
On the contrary, I have good Indian friends.
Thanks
I know what you mean. I worked at Apple support and I'm sure some of the customers didn't like talking to me with a southern drawl! LoL 😂. At least I could solve their problems no matter how much I sound like a hick!

Reactions: AirRifleFantastic
FedEx is also THE WORST here in Southeastern Virginia. A few months ago as a package was heading to me, it went backwards to the last city that had shipped it. Two days ago my daughter had ordered a 20 pound bag of kitty litter. The box had obviously been dropped. When she picked it up, it was empty, except for some loose kitty litter in the bottom of the box. The US Postal service here operates like a third-world organization, too. Here Amazon is the best, UPS is second. The rest are a gamble.

Reactions: WVaMccoy
FEDX sent me a survey to fill out so i said that the drivers just put my pkg's on the front porch right in the middle of the stairs in plain sight and in the rain .
all my pkg's have been placed out of sight and under the roof . Didn't expect that but yes problem was corrected .

:ROFLMAO: no wonder you didn't get your package
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 6.09.58 AM.jpg