Is FedEx's service as bad in your area as in mine?

FedEx contracts for delivery drivers. It's a crap shoot as to if it's good or crap. We've got a good 1 right now but have had some real losers in the past.
Fedex has two types of delivery drivers. Contract and not contract. Both suck. My buddy is an OTR driver for them and even he says not to ship with fedex.

Fedex has two types of delivery drivers. Contract and not contract. Both suck. My buddy is an OTR driver for them and even he says not to ship with fedex.

Too bad, my driver Stephanie will deliver to me at work or at home, she will even drop it in the shop with her own door code. My UPS guy is a little harder to deal with but a $20 fast food card sure made a big difference in his willingness to take care of me.

I do about 75% of all shopping online, I get boxes every day.

FedEx Ground is actually criminally negligent where I live, what a joke. People leave signs on the side of the road for them to not leave packages in the street, ...and they still do! FedEx Overnight is still, and always has been, the best in the business. Completely different divisions. Never order Ground, they're the worst. Just my learned opinion.
Not true anymore. They are one in the same called Fedex One now.

Reactions: WVaMccoy
I have recently had two FWB pistols rebuilt. Shipped out from E. Texas to central Tenn and returned by Fed ex. Last week the final one was shipped from Tenn Thursday afternoon and my wife signed for it Saturday morning. Fed Ex was the carrier. Honestly overall Fed ex service has improved over UPS in our area, giving Sat. deliveries for one thing. During the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Years UPS really sucks. For several years I have followed tracking, out for delivery and then a notice no one home, even though package does not have to be signed for. When I shipped the last two guns out for repair, FedEx had a faster delivery date and was much lower in cost than both UPS or USPS.

I have lived in the northern panhandle of WV for about 10 years and I order thing online frequently. I think the only trouble I have had the entire time is with FedEx. But, I think it is because they always have different drivers and they do not know where to deop off packages as ourt place is spread out. I actually had an airgun delivered by them that was supposed to be signed for that was dropped off in the wrong place, but fortunately I was able to find it after some searching. However I have a friend who has exactly the opposite where he says the FedEx drivers are the best and has never had problems with them. It seems to be location dependent. All UPS and USPS packages for me come from a Pennsylvania distribution hub and FedEx comes from an Ohio hub.

Too bad, my driver Stephanie will deliver to me at work or at home, she will even drop it in the shop with her own door code. My UPS guy is a little harder to deal with but a $20 fast food card sure made a big difference in his willingness to take care of me.

I do about 75% of all shopping online, I get boxes every day.
I don't think it's too bad that she delivers to you at work or home! That's actually a good thing.. You got the good fedex driver!

FedEx is absolutely awful in my area! Had a package out for delivery that needed an adult signature so I waited around. Sure enough I hear the truck coming up the street, look out my window to see him slow down in front of my house for a brief second then take off. I was like WTF? I then go on the site to check my tracking, and it says something to the effect of, undelivered as no one was home for a signature. I jumped on the phone ASAP and got the run around.

They were my preferred carrier for years here in west central IL. I would have stuff going in and out for work all the time and they never missed a beat. But about the time the COVID pandemic hit the service went off a cliff. About the same time UPS improved their game and are now my local first choice. Apparently Fedex was making too much money and needed to give up some...

I am in NW Ohio and here fed ex is terrible and UPS is the best. We live out of town about 8-9 miles into the country, when fedex delivers they pull into the drive, open the door and toss the packages out onto my gravel drive then off they go, rain or shine !! When called, there only response is....we will talk to your driver !! Dragged many sopping wet packages into the house...

FedEx has been the best for me for many years in terms of on-time deliveries and the least amount of damage. Both sending and receiving. That said, they are almost invariably the most expensive so I don't use them much on the personal side when I am paying the bills. UPS is by far the cheapest when sending large/bulky/heavy items such as airguns. But it is shocking what they can do to a box even on a short route so things going UPS need to be well padded. USPS is kind of in the middle for me, but they are by far the cheapest for smaller, light-weight items under 2 pounds shipping to CONUS. All of this is considering commercial rates, not retail. And it obviously varies quite a bit by region. Just my experiences.

FedEx has been the best for me for many years in terms of on-time deliveries and the least amount of damage. Both sending and receiving. That said, they are almost invariably the most expensive so I don't use them much on the personal side when I am paying the bills. UPS is by far the cheapest when sending large/bulky/heavy items such as airguns. But it is shocking what they can do to a box even on a short route so things going UPS need to be well padded. USPS is kind of in the middle for me, but they are by far the cheapest for smaller, light-weight items under 2 pounds shipping to CONUS. All of this is considering commercial rates, not retail. And it obviously varies quite a bit by region. Just my experiences.
I call USPS the "value shipper" - you pay for two day shipping, and the other five days it takes to arrive are yours for free!!! :)
:):)

First of all I would like to say that I have to vent about FedEx's delivery system. Most of my airgun related purchases end up being shipped via FedEx.
I don't know why, but they have a terrible record,as far as I'm concerned, in the past 3-4 years.
I'll start off with my latest airgun purchase (purchase of a high end airgun anyway). I bought a dream tact from UA back in October of 21'. Of course I was checking the tracking often because I was anticipating the minute I would receive it. I tracked it from Utah all the way to Memphis and then to Nashville (about 40 miles from my house). I was breathing a sigh of relief because, I just knew it would be at my house just outside of Clarksville, TN by 10:00 the next morning. At around midnight I checked again and the package had just departed Nashville. Hurrah! The next morning I woke and immediately checked to see where it was. They had put it on a truck and shipped it 250 miles east right at the North Carolina border,where it was sitting. Of course I got on the phone to find out what the hell was going on. The guy told me, "Don't worry, it's going to be delivered today. Besides,it wasn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow, originally."
I broke! "What the hell? You guys are the ones who updated the delivery date." "My package was within 40 miles of my house 9 hours ago. If I'd known you were going to ship it here via North Carolina, I'd have arranged to pick it up in Nashville."
Long story short, I finally received it at around 7 that evening.
That's just one story. It just keeps getting better. I have had 6 different shipments via FedEx since then that have been delayed, lost or stolen,or destroyed and damaged.
What the hell is going on with FedEx?
I have had shipments from Midway USA via UPS that are always on time and when I received my packages, they didn't look like someone had been playing football with them.
I wonder if other people are having these issues with FedEx delivery. Or is it just the service around my area?
My delivery was on time but,,, the package was pretty beat up, there was no care for the package at all!