• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is edgun west still operating?

They're open, although their response time to requests are getting pretty crazy.

I attempted to buy something from their shop on Sept 22nd, but they don't have shipping options to Canada anymore, so I created a support ticket. They replied to that ticket on Oct 25th, and via the support system I put in my order. They have yet to send me an invoice to pay.

I'll probably buy from Edgun Spain, but their shipping to Canada is ridiculous ($150 for a small order). I'll wait until I have enough to make it worthwhile.

Moving or duplicating production to another place around a corner is "relatively" easy but imagine moving to places other side of the globe is a nightmare ...
I don't think I would rely dealing with a machine shop to source my parts, but having the production under my own roof instead. And here the costs starts regardless how much you may be financially prepared.
Convert CAD from metric to inches (because of tooling), post processors for machines, maybe re-do the entire CNC programming for every little bits and pieces - to make sure the parts compatibility and interoperability ... a lot of work and need many technically inclined people to work in a team. And on top of that people calling to entertain and-or complain for user errors... not to initiate a drama around that fact, but the delays may last several months.

Do you really think that they will get around world wide sanctions against Russia due to their invasion of Ukraine? Little or no profitability in setting up a new manufacturing plant in the US. Start up cost would rip any potential profit asunder. They would need investors, not to downplay bigHUNs evaluation which is spot on. They should change their name to DEADgun.

Reactions: darylm
...Little or no profitability in setting up a new manufacturing plant in the US. Start up cost would rip any potential profit asunder....
Fabricating a thousand units per year for selected models only would need at least one CNC lathe plus two CNC Mills, with tooling, that is a 2x the cost of machines, plus the front-end costs. The volume is critically small to cover the expense safely, unless some aggressive expansion with new products.
I think the L2 were not made in Russia but in one of the former CCCP places cannot recall was that Lithuania or Latvia. This will be my bad, read it long years ago. Still the shipping...