Is Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50X56 good for Field Target

Hi all,

After few years I would like to get back to Field Target and I need new equipment since I've sold the old rig
I'm in Europe so sub 12ft/lbs Field Target rules apply

I had few FT optics up to now (Nikko Stirling Diamond, Falcon, Sightron SIII, Hawke 10-50x56 when it just came out) all great optics with Sightron being the best of of the lot

Current budget doesn't allow for something too expensive so I have found Delta Optical Stryker to be just in my range and locally available to my big surprise

Does anyone use it for FT? I presume that at 50x DOV is quite shallow but is rangefinding precise and repeatable? I'll get
Is the glass clear at 50x or it develops hase an gets milky? How does clicks on turrets feel? Any other opinions on using it for FT?

I'll get the 150mm sidewheel, of course.
Is spacing on the wheel from let's say 48 to 50 meters noticeable like 2-3mm or even bigger or is it just a width of a hair?

I live in a part of the world where trying something before you buy it is mission impossible so feedback from actual owners is required

Any info would be appreciated

Thank you!
Regards,
Walter

I just picked one up and would recommend getting the Trijicon Tenmile 5-50x56 instead, if they are available to you. The Delta only goes to 11yards with the focus. The turrets are hard to reset. There are three revisions of the Delta, the current one has the side focus really compressed. That is the 50 to 55 yard gap is small, less than a quarter of an inch, just slightly larger than the Sightron. The Trijicon on the other hand has about 3/4 of an inch gap. The Trijicon also has a lifetime warranty, without having to send it to Poland. Both the Delta and Trijicon are made on the same platform. My Delta has wonderful glass and the aluminated reticle is great for FT. I just wish I got the Trijicon.

Dan

Thank you for the recommendation.
Just looked up that Trijicon scope, it seems like a great scope for FT but I just can't shell out 3000 euros for it at the moment

In that price range, I would probably gor for the Kahles

Since I'm lefty, top parallax wheel would do wonders for me when rangefinding since I do most of the preparation for the shot with my right hand including turning the parallax wheel
It probably sounds awkward to many but I*m just used to doing things that way

strangely enough I just order my third one yesterday for FT use. But we shoot Hunter class so 16x is maximum power so I cannot speak to the quality at 50x.

I've looked around and cannot find anything that meets of cost to benefit ratio for my use. Excellent glass and yes the 11 yard focus is a slight hinderance, luckily not many FT clubs set too many targets out at 11 yards. I thought the S&B might be cool, but at over twice the price impossible to justify. Let us know what you decide.

YMMV

One thing to consider about the Delta is the reticle size. I tried one, but the reticle was much too thin for my liking. Amazing scope quality wise. Super clear and excellent feeling turrets. Others may disagree and some will agree. Could just be my eyes and the scope don’t agree.

After trying many scopes and starting to figure out how important the reticle is over many other options, I started a chart of several of the 10-50 scopes and their reticles to help me compare sizes. I found that they Kahles was actually among the largest in the scopes I was comparing, so I decided to give it a try. I had also heard good things about its low light abilities, and because one of my main shooting lanes was through the woods, I gave it a try. It has become one of my favorites scopes. So much so, that I traded it for a FT version for my FT rig.

If that is important to you, you may want to compare the reticles. I think I compared a couple Sightrons III/IV, Nightforce, Kahles, Delta, and maybe another 1 or 2. I can’t find the chart I made.

Here's a comparison of the two side wheels (Delta on left and Trijicon on right). The Trijicon wheel is a bit larger. Fortunately, in the US, the Trijicon is only a tiny bit more expensive than the Delta. BTW, the glass is great on both, maybe a bit better on the Delta (but probably the same glass, just a better example).

20220715_132824.jpg

• Love
Reactions: qball