Is Crosman failing/going out of business?

From the sound of it they did a planed refresh of their website but obviously it went horribly wrong. My take is that they have terrible web/IT people and screwing things up bad. If they are going out of business they would not spend the effort to redesign their website. 

I called them and had no issue getting hold of customer service, speaking of which I need to call them again because my gauge died too! 

No more Custom Shop, no more of everybody’s favorite Lego gun the 2250, really crummy internet site and not much stock to speak of. Lots of people complaining they can't get hold of them. It sure doesn't look good from here.

Totally agree. It could be. You never know until you know. Lots of brands are going through lots of restructuring, especially Crosman. In some ways they are doing better than ever...Kral comes to mind and that partnership. Also their SAM and probably a SAM pistol. It will be interesting to see how dependable those platforms are and whether or not a gen 2 will be required within the next year. With the Kral, sadly sometimes companies make more on distribution over producing.

I guess I just did not think the China virus was messing up things this bad. It's a far more serious problem than I was thinking it was if it is interfering with our addiction this much. Not only that but, now that I think of it, Crosman is in New York as well a very bad place to be for any business or person alike. OK I understand it a bit better now thanks. I only hope they can pull out of it and do better soon.

I guess I just did not think the China virus was messing up things this bad. It's a far more serious problem than I was thinking it was if it is interfering with our addiction this much. Not only that but, now that I think of it, Crosman is in New York as well a very bad place to be for any business or person alike. OK I understand it a bit better now thanks. I only hope they can pull out of it and do better soon.

That's what I was thinking. Crosman needs to get out of there and go to a state that will welcome them instead of rape them with taxes.

That's what I was thinking. Crosman needs to get out of there and go to a state that will welcome them instead of rape them with taxes.

Florida is open for business and freedom still exists there. I would move. Unfortunately it costs a lot to change over everything. Once they did, their profit growth would be insane! Do it, Do It, Do it!

Good news,

Crossman must have fixed their website payment glitch.

I decided I would try again this evening to make a purchase. My payment went through no problems, so I think some I.T. folks did a fix either today or over the weekend.

The covid deal has everyone hurting and yes I imagine NY is making it even harder on their people and companies with their restrictions.

Called Crosman last week to order a P-Rod trigger group, and the fella taking my order said they haven't had any to sell for months, and didn't know when they would have any in stock.

Almost everthing of any interest to me on their website is "out of stock"

covid is for real, and is having an effect on just about everything - even our beloved pellet guns

Tried to order a gun Sunday through the website, was declined. Decided I'd try today (Monday the 8th), again declined, this time I got a text from the card company asking if I was making the purchase. When I texted back that I was, I was told to try again should be ok, it still didn't work, tried another card, no go. Called Crosman, got recording that they are working from home, maybe delays, ect. , was number 12 in the sales queue. Only 15 (expected much longer wait) minutes later I placed the order with a nice guy who was effheicient but sounded a little flustered. Must be hard to fix a website from home. I think they are doing the best they can under the circumstances. 

I think Crosman's new website really sucks. Loosing them a bunch of money it is. They should have left what was werqing excellent alone but just had to go with all the progression towards a more and more graphic interface. Ignoring the fact that it is less and less usable to the people who shop there. I feel bad for all of the businesses having to deal with the China virus thing it must be a horrible experience. But Crosman did much of it to themselves with the website and outsourcing so much poor planning and execution.

i dunno .. i think covid has slowed production and customer support down everywhere because it gives lazy people an excuse to do nothing and not go to work etc .. companies cant keep properly staffed .. from what ive seen though stores cant even keep their stuff on the shelves it flies off so fast, i just got a new 'critter termination device' from them .. benjamin anyway ..

CIMG1790.1612973775.JPG