• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is Civility Dead?

So take it up with the seller, unless you don't want to pay more than his minimum listed price, in that case, leave it alone.
I took what I believe to be an appropriate measure. I don't see where I violated any forum rule or any social faux pas.
And if you think the ad's creator was in any way justified in the content of the ad, we will simply have to "agree to disagree".

Reactions: Dan25
So let me get this straight.....all this drama is because the guy had a minimum price higher than what you wanted to pay and you didn't like that he said that minimum is non-negotiable?

Just leave it alone man. Somebody more desperate for money than the seller may come along with a similar package for a better price. Or this very seller may come down if it doesn't sell.

So let me get this straight.....all this drama is because the guy had a minimum price higher than what you wanted to pay and you didn't like that he said that minimum is non-negotiable?

Just leave it alone man. Somebody more desperate for money than the seller may come along with a similar package for a better price. Or this very seller may come down if it doesn't sell.
Where did I say "...the guy had a minimum price higher than what you [sic] wanted to pay..."?
Again, you have it far from "straight":

A1 Fan Boi.JPG

A1 Fan Boi.JPG

We are always going to have these threads spin out of control..because in fact no one “controls” them. That’s fine by me.

There are always going to be people who take offense at anything, no matter what, in every thread. Sometimes its the same person over and over, sometimes its random people. Sometimes its people who have seemed reasonable but, for some reason, on this day, at this time, find something offensive about a topic, or a post. It’s probably happened to all of us.

I recently had some guy go off on a post I made and somehow it became a rant about vaccines! At least that’s how I perceived it. He even decided that he ”knew what type of sign I had on my lawn…” 😂 I responded a couple of times then moved on. I try not to get my panties in a twist when this happens, because there’s always one…or more. I do try to be “civil”, and to be clear. Not because I really care about what most of these people think, but because it is something I value. If others don’t value it then that’s on them, especially when they start to tell me what’s inside my head, what i am thinking, what I had for breakfast, etc…

Hell, half the time even I am not always sure what’s inside my head 😇

Something about being an anonymous guy on a keyboard seems to set some people off, at least some of the time.For me, the discourse and discussion is the interesting part. I not only don’t mind a bunch of different opinion, I love a discussion that has a bunch of different opinions. When it degenerates into name calling, aspersion casting, and gratuitous nastiness then I remember who the offenders were, move on and, frankly, take them less seriously next time.

Chris

Have this discussion with my wife weekly! YES, civility in this country has DIED! People no longer agree to disagree & have differing opinions & views. Civility was a "grey area" that allowed us to tolerate each other. The U.S. has become a place of opposing poles with no room for a grey areas (i.e. "if you don't believe as I believe there's no room or tolerance for you!"). It greatly saddens me that lines which civilization wouldn't cross a few years back are now trampled & spat upon. We're in a sad state & it's NOT going to get better.

I recently had some guy go off on a post I made and somehow it became a rant about vaccines! At least that’s how I perceived it. He even decided that he ”knew what type of sign I had on my lawn…” 😂 I responded a couple of times then moved on. I try not to get my panties in a twist when this happens, because there’s always one…or more.

Ooh, that was me!

A little light ribbing on the internet. TBH you asked for it and were arguing in the thread long before I made a comment. I have less than a 24 hour memory even for "serious drama". I hope you didn't stay up dwelling on our brief interaction. I see in my notifications that you appear to have replied, but I haven't checked yet -- there may still be time to edit a more stinging response!

But based on how affected you appear to be, I'm now more sure than before that your front yard is host to a "In this house we believe..." sign :p

See, it's a joke. I'm a random internet dude with a similar hobby. Don't let it get to ya.

Reactions: BSJ
Ooh, that was me!

A little light ribbing on the internet. TBH you asked for it and were arguing in the thread long before I made a comment. I have less than a 24 hour memory even for "serious drama". I hope you didn't stay up dwelling on our brief interaction. I see in my notifications that you appear to have replied, but I haven't checked yet -- there may still be time to edit a more stinging response!

But based on how affected you appear to be, I'm now more sure than before that your front yard is host to a "In this house we believe..." sign :p

See, it's a joke. I'm a random internet dude with a similar hobby. Don't let it get to ya.
See thats the problem, people can't take jokes these days because people are joking about people's beliefs, what they stand for, their core fundamentals. It's easy to joke about that stuff on the internet because the guy isn't there in your face to punch you in the mouth for stepping over a boundary that no one respects anymore.

There used to be a time when people had the respect to not say certain things because it was crude and classless... thats what happened to society, it has become so disrespectful and unclassy that we are left with a bunch of jerks running around and it's "cool" to be that way now.

• Haha
Reactions: silvershooter589
Ooh, that was me!

You did see that I had a 😂 emoji about your comment right? Don’t worry, I slept well. But nice to see that you’re following me around….

That’s a joke too BTW.

• Haha
Reactions: BSJ and d3vnull
Where i live, yes to a large degree, even more so if we factor in the influx of people from a vastly different culture.
I am pretty old fashioned myself, so if someone hold the door for you or in any other way help out a little, that would be me.

On the other hand the American fashion of SIR and Mam that much, that i do not do, not even when i met and spoke to the queen of this country, and i wouldn't either if i met the American president.
Of course that in relation to the US are also due to the IMO outrageous manner our American friends have treated us Danes lately, and if i was in charge over here in this little old country, things would have to change in our relationship as it is almost to a degree where you could say " with friends like that, who need enemies"

PS. Ii do reluctant SIR or MAM old people as they are often paranoid from reading the news ( to a degree with good reason ) so someone like me that do look the part of a wild one, well then sir or MAM the person make them feel more at ease.

If i am shopping and anyone pull a "Karen" or something similar at the checkout,,,,, i would be in their face faster than you can say excuse me, and i dont care if i have to manhandle that person out of the shop, or if that person waiting outside for me as it have now become physical.

Even if i do not condone violence, it is sadly what many people only understand, and so i / anyone should be able to lower themself to that level.

Lowering yourself to that level, is related to my thinking that all men need to have their ass kicked now and then to keep things in perspective,,,,,,, not hospitalized of course, but a good behind kicking generally put things in perspective, and dont hurt anyone.
And it have been too many decades since i been in a situation where my ass was on the line in that way ( lucked out against the odds )

Danes are wayyyy too protected by their nanny state, in a situation most will probably lock up, or run away.

Just like when i had to do CPR to a guy trapped in a car wreck,, that should already have been going when i arrived at the scene, and when i left someone should have told me i was smeared in the guys blood, but i dident find out before i had driven 75 km and arrived at work.
I also passes on a commendation for that deed,,,, and mind you i would not do it again either, i am done being the "hero" in that manner.

Also i do not call firefighters - police - soldiers heroes,,,,,, it is people doing a job they have chosen, but they are in a situation where they have a chance to go above and beyond,,,,,,, and i respect that, but i do not easy stick the hero moniker to that.
The guy not knowing squat about firefighting / smoke diving or the risks associated with that, that just dive head first into a burning building to save someone, that guy i might use the hero word on.

Actually speaking about soldiers, all my life ii have wished to meet and shake hands with some of those men that came here and bailed us out from under a mad man,,,,, sadly there are very few of those people left today,,,,,, but they all have my utmost respect.

You didn't like the sales thread...... so you created another thread to crap on the original thread.

Now you don't like the responses you got in your thread.... and you are upset?

Maybe don't call people out on a public forum if you are not ready for the responses. Sorry man but you caused this yourself when you tried to belittle another forum member. Like I said in my post in your thread.... if you don't like the asking price then move along. There is no need to try and belittle or harass people because you think their items are not worth what you think they should be.

I feel like everyone's mom use to say the line from Bambi.... " If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all".