Is Caldwell dead shot fieldpod really bench rest quality ?

So here is my problem. The place where I shoot belongs to a pal. It was open land with a nice bunker to shoot from. I had a nice table set up and all was well. That bunker is now broken down and replaced with a cubicle of sorts where I CANT fit a table of any size. Need a solid rest since I shoot long range.

Saw the Caldwell deadshot fieldpod https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-488000-Deadshot-Fieldpod/dp/B005CF0MVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467651031&sr=8-1&keywords=caldwell+deadshot+fieldpod 

They claim its benchrest quality in terms of being rock solid once you fit the gun on it. I am all for getting sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards and hole in hole shots at 50-60 yards so need something rock solid. No hunting where I stay so shooting tight groups is what I like doing. 

Has anyone used this for target shooting at long ranges ?? Is it actually as good as a shooting table in terms of keeping the gun absolutely steady once locked in? Should I get it ? 

I hope come one replies to you. I've been considering the exact same one. All of the reviews seem very good, but like you I would like a bit more "personal" review. Someone I "kinda" know, like from a forum.
My reason for needing is different though. I injured my shoulder quite a few years ago and now when my arm out in a bend position with the elbow up (as in resting on table) my shoulder joint starts to ache after 5-10 shots. If I could shoot with my elbow down it would be much more comfortable.

I'm trying to decide on this rest, or a set of super tall bags (like those used for PB's with long magazines). I figure if this were steady enough to use as a "bench rest" I could also get double usage out in the field with my folding chair.

I use the Magnum version. I'm 6'3 and I can shoot standing. Another difference other than height it has metal spikes on the feet, giving you a rock solid support. I use it to shoot ground squirrels out to 80-90 yards. The pan and tilt is real smooth but you can also lock it so it doesn't move. It folds up and comes with a carry strap. After I got this, I got rid of my table. Using it while sitting, it was more stable than my table. One of my friends bought one after using mine

is a great pod but its men for movement not really like a bench rest would be with all he movement points its easy to have pull and other factors mess with your shot that being said I will say this about mine.. I have the original and once you get it figured out and it take abit per gun you can really tighten them screws down and it will become pretty rock solid I have tried using it as a bench rest with some pretty good results but I've also modified mine with additional nuts and screws form precision adjustments

​I've shoot pretty good groups with it in my marauder and wild cat best I believe is the wildcat was shooting just under 1inch at 75y

"plinker"I use one. It's great for hunting, plinking and pesting, but when I sight in my gun I use a steel rest on a concrete slab. I would recommend one, but Not for that application.
Thanks plinker. That's what I thought. Shooting MOA groups at a 100 yards requires something rock solid. I we hope no this was it. Guess I'll have to make something myself which is rock solid and doesn't move. 

"FearnLoading"
That's cool tony. It's a cricket right. Now I know what my Vulcan would look like on the dead shot. Doesn't look very comfortable or is it ? Thanks for sharing.
I position my Wildcat in the opposite direction from Tony.R's
The butt in the deepV and forend in the shallow V. The post heights raise and lower to allow it. It is very adjustable. No right or wrong to it, but nice that you can vary the position.