Is Benjamin too late to the party coming out with a .257 Bulldog?

I haven't gotten to play with the 257 all that much. It was tested with 6x, 7x, 9x and 10xg slugs. All with good results at 50 and 100 yards. Of the 5 rifles that went for testing,only 3 were returned to engineering. The boys in QA liked them so much they have "held on to them for further evaluation ". 1 is set up for coyote and the other for woodchucks.

I cannot remember the barrel twist off the top of my head.
There is no need to reinvent the weel.. 1-14 the correct twist for up to 80gr .. no matter if it is for hunting or longer shoot.. 1-14 twist is useless for anything heavier than 85gr .. bullet lead in should be designed around the 257-420.. at 74gr is probably the most cast bullet for the 257 .. and the easier mold to find .. please don't come with a lead in for 100gr+ bullets that don't even work on that twist.. all this was already tested in the last 12 years + of the 257 being used on airguns .. if you do this rifle around the 257-420 .. it will be one of your most selled rifles.. also please make it aviable with the longer tank that you already have aviable.. so the beach guys could have some extra shoots to ..👍

The coyote setup was tuned in favor of power over shot count and for a heavier projectile.

The woodchuck setup balanced power and shot count. We tested a few projectiles performance in ballistic blocks at 50 yards. The 65g had really good expansion and 8" of penetration. Should be more than capable for a vitals shot on a woodchuck.

Well it finally here in stock at Pyramid air !!!!!

Yessir!! They’re priced at $999.99 at Pyramyd Air
IMG_4503.jpeg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Who has ordered one and shot it? I also found it odd that there is no .257 Bulldog listed on the Benjamin site

Last edited:
For a thousand bucks, I'm going to reserve the right to be picky. The M257 should hold more air and the fill nipple point starboard so the rifle can be shot tethered.

Dawg

Long reservoir .257 Benjamin Bulldog

Why they don’t come this way from the factory is a mystery to me.

Long reservoir .257 Benjamin Bulldog

Why they don’t come this way from the factory is a mystery to me.
I've seen that but it still has the fill port in a location that would make shooting prone off a rear bag awkward. If I can't find something closer to what I'm looking for, I may just go for a .308 TexanSS and tune it for 130 grain hollow points.

Last edited:
It's not looking.for.the 257 Bulldog.....No one bought one..... I'm in PA and the .22 cal small game.cal restrictions limited my choices....
@RM.510bigbore I’m not sure what you’re trying to say above besides it’s not looking good for the .257 Bulldog.

For everyone else what I want to know is, where are the people that were saying they had been waiting on the .257 Bulldog? I like the platform, but I like big-bores. I don’t have much use for a smaller caliber Bulldog. My .25-.30 caliber gap has been covered. If .25 isn’t enough, then it’s not an issue for me to jump to .357. I really don’t have much need for .257 or .30 caliber even though I own a .30 caliber rifle. I’m not sure what is so special about .257 caliber with airguns. If they shoot well long-range, I don’t plan on shooting any animals from 150-300 yards away with a small-bore, but I’d like to see what someone who wants one can do with the .257 Bulldog. So where are you fellas who are into this caliber?

@RM.510bigbore I’m not sure what you’re trying to say above besides it’s not looking good for the .257 Bulldog.

For everyone else what I want to know is, where are the people that were saying they had been waiting on the .257 Bulldog? I like the platform, but I like big-bores. I don’t have much use for a smaller caliber Bulldog. My .25-.30 caliber gap has been covered. If .25 isn’t enough, then it’s not an issue for me to jump to .357. I really don’t have much need for .257 or .30 caliber even though I own a .30 caliber rifle. I’m not sure what is so special about .257 caliber with airguns. If they shoot well long-range, I don’t plan on shooting any animals from 150-300 yards away with a small-bore, but I’d like to see what someone who wants one can do with the .257 Bulldog. So where are you fellas who are into this caliber?
I love the new bulldog 257...For me it would make a great squirrel ground hog small game airgun. I can't use it in my state or a .257 would definitely be my small game caliber...I think the economy is keeping a whole lot of us from spending $1000.00 on Luxury items.. It would of been my choice but a had to go 22 cal.....I often wonder why airgun s skipped 6mm....The easy button for 257 is just normal barrels standard bore diameter and right twist for what we are doing... In 22 cal too many variations..... Too may options

Mercado,
What is a MORA? I'm looking for an airgun varmint rig for up to and including big coyote. One powerful enough to take Texas whitetail doe in a pinch so I should probably go with a .308.
Thanks,
Dawg
Hi sorry for the really late reply.. this beast of a bullpub will be available to for you as a hunter in .30 n 357 .. I pre-order mine in .22 700mm.
1000031687.jpg