• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Is barrel cleaning overrated?

Not sure I buy that dramatic a result after a tin and a half of pellets. Any chance your focus and confidence improved as a result of doing something you believe would have a positive effect?
I had a hatsan jet 2 and it's accuracy would fall apart after 100 shots give or take. I do pest control in florida so that was a no go for me. I sold it to a friend who needed a spare gun.

Reactions: Hold_Over
From my experience, every gun barrel has it's own demands for cleanliness versus accuracy. For example, I have a big bore that doesn't like to be spotless. It shoots my lubed slugs the same MOA groups size for hundreds of rounds, but if I clean it that tight group size goes away for a dozen or more shots until it gets leaded back up. This leading is not streaks within the bore, but that powdery black that shows up on the patch with minimal shiney flakes.

I have been considering purchasing a top barrel for my Armada to see if its diffrent.I want to competitive shoot.I figure go to a few check out who whats winning.I also very much wonder do all airgun competitions have everyone using 5000 dollar guns like on you tube.Is that just big shows or all.I hate loosing so I would be checking out what I would upgrade to.I raced gokarts 20 years won many IKA WKA wins championships.Airguns are way cheeper hobby I spent 20000 in one summer.So my two questions would a walther barrel or better help and does everyone at competions shoot a 5000 dollar gun.I also think this electric guns are the new way.I somtimes think FX is not keeping up with that ANY THOUGHTS LMK