Is anyone else burned out on people passing judgment on killing varmints?

Flintsack

We call them redneck kitties.....
skunks.1627172056.jpg

Redneck kitties, LMAO! That is really funny! 

they are really mild mannered and won’t do much until threatened. Problem for some people is having dogs in the yard that chase after them which makes a massive mess! Fortunately I don’t have a dog right now so they get a pass from me, I enjoy seeing them on my security Cameras rummaging through my yard which keeps the rats out. They also love the squirrels I leave out for them. Wife was complaining that the skunk is in the yard again and dig holes under the fence but I don’t have the heart to shoot ithem. But if 2 adult males starts to have squirt gun fights then that will be a different story. Coons will not get a pass nor any cute roof eaters.

That's one of my favorite pics. LOL I don't shoot skunks either although Flintsack does make some good points. Skunks may well be the ...

'King of the Jungle'. 

Flintsack

skunks.1627172056.jpg

they are really mild mannered and won’t do much until threatened. Problem for some people is having dogs in the yard that chase after them which makes a massive mess! Fortunately I don’t have a dog right now so they get a pass from me, I enjoy seeing them on my security Cameras rummaging through my yard which keeps the rats out. They also love the squirrels I leave out for them. Wife was complaining that the skunk is in the yard again and dig holes under the fence but I don’t have the heart to shoot ithem. But if 2 adult males starts to have squirt gun fights then that will be a different story. Coons will not get a pass nor any cute roof eaters.

That's one of my favorite pics. LOL I don't shoot skunks either although Flintsack does make some good points. Skunks may well be the ...

'King of the Jungle'.

To me, it looks like that pic with the kids and the baby skunks was photo-shopped. Look at the skunk on the ground between the kids and then the one in the middle of the three on their right. Most likely all of the skunks were "added" and what the kids have in their hands is actually something else.

I don’t hate skunks. I just really don’t want them around my dog or my kids.

When camping, I have seen a dog totally go after a skunk. It was bad. It was sad.

The dog killed the skunk, he won the battle. The skunk won the war, even though he was dead.

imagine what skunk spray smells like to a dog? And it’s all over his face eyes tongue nose

mike

To me, it looks like that pic with the kids and the baby skunks was photo-shopped. Look at the skunk on the ground between the kids and then the one in the middle of the three on their right. Most likely all of the skunks were "added" and what the kids have in their hands is actually something else.

Yup, not a skunk but man I wish you had not proven that to me... I kinda enjoyed the idea of it.

not-a-skunk.1627235339.jpg

Flintsack

skunks.1627172056.jpg

'King of the Jungle'.

You could be right. Or, more pics were taken of that event and not all of the babies were in each pic.
RedneckKittens1.1627235447.jpg

Flintsack

skunks.1627172056.jpg

'King of the Jungle'.

You could be right. Or, more pics were taken of that event and not all of the babies were in each pic.
RedneckKittens1.1627235447.jpg

As I said, take a look at the skunks I mentioned. The images are exactly the same right down to the grass blades. Then look at the one on the farthest right and compare it to the one on the other side of the water. Same image, just turned slightly. The one that is left, the odd one out, I am sure is added as well. This is a photo work of fiction.

Zero worries with adult wild skunk and kids, they don’t like to be close to people mostly. I’ve accidentally got to around 10 feet of an adult skunk at dust and it just run off and minding it’s own business. If your kids run after skunks after you told them not to then……maybe they learn differently. However dogs are different and it’s not skunks fault really, sadly in those situations it might require some other solutions especially if the population has gone out of control. 

However, I also don’t get why some people keep them as pets. 

As I said, take a look at the skunks I mentioned. The images are exactly the same right down to the grass blades. Then look at the one on the farthest right and compare it to the one on the other side of the water. Same image, just turned slightly. The one that is left, the odd one out, I am sure is added as well. This is a photo work of fiction.

Let me get this straight ... you're passing judgment on a meme? And this really matters, how exactly?

My own interpretation is the little girls are tying the legs of the baby skunks together and that they are drowning them in the flooded ditch. The reason we see less skunks comparing the 2 pics is because a few of the other skunks are at the bottom of the flooded ditch already.

Let me get this straight ... you're passing judgment on a meme? And this really matters, how exactly?

My own interpretation is the little girls are tying the legs of the baby skunks together and that they are drowning them in the flooded ditch. The reason we see less skunks comparing the 2 pics is because a few of the other skunks are at the bottom of the flooded ditch already.

It doesn't matter except that many people believe everything they see, read, hear without question. I am sure there are many who have seen that "meme" photo and believe it is real. Why does it matter to you?

All I did was show that the photo was faked. No judgment at all, the proof is in the pic.

However, I also don’t get why some people keep them as pets.

Loneliness, maybe. Could be the skunks are the only critters around to befriend. Sometimes things just happen. To illustrate: I recently took in a male calico kitten, even though another cat is the last thing I need. Btw, do you know how much male calico's are WORTH? 

This could be a ... 'Kitty chose ME' story.
But, its not. Most likely he chose my younger, female, all black cat, as a surrogate mommy. I have 2 female, all black cats already. 7 week old Kitten showed up literally out of nowhere. Minus its mom. It was evidently passing by my apt, caught the whiff of cat through the open windows and decided it liked the scent. So, it stayed.

He's a long haired, black, white, and tabby Calico. His back is mostly black w/ some orange. White belly from his butt to his muzzle. One side of his face is black, one side is orange. White mittens/slippers for his front paws and thigh high white boots on his hind legs. 

He just showed up on the 8th.. Thursday, I think. Started hanging around my apt. Wouldn't leave. Kept scampering back and forth between my front porch and the back yard. He would get on the window sill in the living room and play w/ my younger female, all black cat through the screen.

That Thursday I didn't feed him or give him any water. Figured he would leave. On Friday after him spending the night on the window sill, I said the heck w/ it and started feeding him.

He'd scamper away when I'd go outside to feed him. Saturday, he climbed up on my BBQ grill and played w/ my cat through the screen of my bedroom while I watched 'Black Widow'.

Which is an EXCELLENT action movie, btw.

That Sunday morning, it was raining and he had spent the night on my grill. I scooped him up and brought him inside. Good thing too. He was literally a hairy bag of bones. I could feel every bone of his skeleton. I don't think he would have lived too much longer. 

He's filled out nicely since then. He's now a chunky, fat kitten. I can't make up my mind to keep him or sell him. 9 out of 10 male calico's are sterile. If he turned out to be the 1 out of 10 needle in the haystack, he'd be worth approximately $2,000 (maybe $1500 since he doesn't have papers). If he's sterile, then he could mate w/ my females every time they come into heat and I'd never have to worry about having a new litter of kittens. Win win, right?

It doesn't matter except that many people believe everything they see, read, hear without question. I am sure there are many who have seen that "meme" photo and believe it is real. Why does it matter to you?

All I did was show that the photo was faked. No judgment at all, the proof is in the pic.

No, actually you didn't show the pic was faked. What you did was give me your opinion and an interpretation of the pic, which you're now wanting me to accept as factual.. 

Repost:

"To me, it looks like that pic with the kids and the baby skunks was photo-shopped. Look at the skunk on the ground between the kids and then the one in the middle of the three on their right. Most likely all of the skunks were "added" and what the kids have in their hands is actually something else."

What you're doing is speculating. Engaging in conjecture: aka guesswork. 

No, actually you didn't show the pic was faked. What you did was give me your opinion and an interpretation of the pic, which you're now wanting me to accept as factual.. 

Repost:

"To me, it looks like that pic with the kids and the baby skunks was photo-shopped. Look at the skunk on the ground between the kids and then the one in the middle of the three on their right. Most likely all of the skunks were "added" and what the kids have in their hands is actually something else."

What you're doing is speculating. Engaging in conjecture: aka guesswork.

Have it your way. I'm sure you always do.

Actually, I'm glad you introduced the idea of photoshop in the pics that are posted at this forum. I never considered the possibility that AGN members could be faking the pics they post. I might have to consider switching from my current position of laissez-faire acceptance to that of being suspicious and/or considering how each pic posted could be faked. 

Maybe even point out my interpretation of the pics you post, for example. Turnabout is fair play, amirite?

Actually, I'm glad you introduced the idea of photoshop in the pics that are posted at this forum. I never considered the possibility that AGN members could be faking the pics they post. I might have to consider switching from my current position of laissez-faire acceptance to that of being suspicious and/or considering how each pic posted could be faked. 

Maybe even point out my interpretation of the pics I see on your threads, for example.

Be my guest.

Yup, not a skunk but man I wish you had not proven that to me... I kinda enjoyed the idea of it.

not-a-skunk.1627235339.jpg

Identical.1627330559.jpg

Yep, the pic is definitely a fake. And yep, and I agree I wish it wasn't too. No point in engaging in self-delusion just to make myself feel better, though. I guess we will just have to LIVE with it, eh?

I removed a post because of someone doing what your talking about. Unfortunately, some properties around my parents home, as well as my own home have had Groundhog problems. While I am always sure that I shoot in a safe direction, and know what is beyond my target, they don't always provide the more ethical shot placement when they present themselves in the open. I have full permission of all involved neighbors to eliminate with extreme prejudice, so I will not pass up a lung shot that will allow them to make it back to their burrow( I call that self-burial). Sometimes they present a perfect shot and you really hammer them.

20210606_200104.1626289430.jpg

(9mm speer Gold dot out of MP 2.0 compact, because that's the opertunity I had to stop his destruction at a farm location).

We have a huge Groundhog issue where I live. They're innocent animals doing what Nature intended them to do. I got onto the maintenance tech's ass about cornering, and kicking one to death. The way he went about it isn't the way to do it. I get they're pests that can be destructive. I told him to turn me loose. I would take care of the problem quickly, and humanely.