FX IS ALL OF THIS FX HYPE FOR REAL 🤔......

View attachment 459404This is a 22LR case next to a 5 shot group at 50 from an FX Panthera 22 700.
Please don't take offence ...but... I would expect ANY firearm to produce those sort of groups at 50yds , if not then i certainly wouldn't be owning it ...50 yds isn't a great distance..

Please don't take offence ...but... I would expect ANY firearm to produce those sort of groups at 50yds , if not then i certainly wouldn't be owning it ...50 yds isn't a great distance..
I think he was just referring to the spent casing for size reference next to the group he shot with his FX.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Let's see your PB 50y targets that are so much better .
.... And then this becomes a " P*ssing Contest "

Again.... most ANY competent shooter and firearm will produce those sorts of groups a 50yds....... whether you want to accept it or not ... 50yds is not a challenging distance...even for an airgun.

Do i own FX Rifles... Absolutely.
Do i enjoy shooting FX Rifles.. Absolutely
Can great accuracy be obtained from FX Rifles.. Absolutely

As per the original title of this thread...
Do i think FX rifles are " Over Hyped " ? .. Absolutely

.... And then this becomes a " P*ssing Contest "

Again.... most ANY competent shooter and firearm will produce those sorts of groups a 50yds....... whether you want to accept it or not ... 50yds is not a challenging distance...even for an airgun.

Do i own FX Rifles... Absolutely.
Do i enjoy shooting FX Rifles.. Absolutely
Can great accuracy be obtained from FX Rifles.. Absolutely

As per the original title of this thread...
Do i think FX rifles are " Over Hyped " ? .. Absolutely

I've been shooting PBs since I was a kid . I have a CZ452 .22 American and a Volquartsen 10/22 and had a CZ452 Varmint. 22 also . So I have spent a lot of time shooting at 50 yards, I shoot at home . Really didn't mean to offend you by asking you to show Your 50 yard PB targets. Sounded like you had a bunch. But ya OK. Could you show your airgun group at 50 ? Or are you speaking on the behalf of others ? Go try the 30 yard challenge and let me know what you get .

I've been shooting PBs since I was a kid . I have a CZ452 .22 American and a Volquartsen 10/22 and had a CZ452 Varmint. 22 also . So I have spent a lot of time shooting at 50 yards, I shoot at home . Really didn't mean to offend you by asking you to show Your 50 yard PB targets. Sounded like you had a bunch. But ya OK. Could you show your airgun group at 50 ? Or are you speaking on the behalf of others ? Go try the 30 yard challenge and let me know what you get .
Same here mate..
I shoot very regularly . I have my own property .. have ranges set up out to 3000mtrs . I shoot various rifles from the Airgun all the way up to 50 BMG.
ELR is my passion , so accuracy is paramount..
But again...... i dont want to turn this into another "P*ssing Comp" !!

Most of the time i shoot the FX at 100yds and out to 500yds ...100yds to 200yds its very impressive when conditions are perfect..

This is the M3 ( highly modded ) at 110yds in absolutely "Perfect" conditions...

110yds#1.jpg

110yds#2.jpg

110yds-15-shots.jpg

Same here mate..
I shoot very regularly . I have my own property .. have ranges set up out to 3000mtrs . I shoot various rifles from the Airgun all the way up to 50 BMG.
ELR is my passion , so accuracy is paramount..
But again...... i dont want to turn this into another "P*ssing Comp" !!

Most of the time i shoot the FX at 100yds and out to 500yds ...100yds to 200yds its very impressive when conditions are perfect..

This is the M3 ( highly modded ) at 110yds in absolutely "Perfect" conditions...

View attachment 459936

View attachment 459937

View attachment 459938

So you really think an off the shelf elcheapo .22 rifle and some Remington Golden bullets would do better . At least that's how I read it.

And that group is something you would normally get w a middle of the road rifle with cci standard 1080fps ammo.

Thanks for sharing your groups . Try 2 clicks down. I'm just kidding.

I guess what really bothers me is putting down someone's groups. We're all at different skill levels and if a guy is proud of his group . Let him have it .
NOT at all putting down his group .... My point was / is that its not just an "FX" that will produce that sort of group.!!

Reactions: Dairyboy
I've had a Crown MKII and an Impact MKII. I still have the Crown and would recommend it to anyone as a good shooter that you can just take out and shoot without needing to tune the crap out of it. Basically buy it and shoot. The Impact is a good gun if you want to tune more than shoot. I still have the Crown and replaced the Impact with a Ghost.
Totally agree, unless retired, takes a lot of time and effort to find good tunes. When I ordered mine form UA I asked them to tune for .22 in 18.1 at 50 yd. target shooting and that's exactly what I received, shoots fantastic and wouldn't change a thing.

NOT at all putting down his group .... My point was / is that its not just an "FX" that will produce that sort of group.!!
Agreed, don't think that most think FX is the only good gun out there. Mine lived up to my expectations and don't feel its over hyped based on what I've seen. I'm sure I'd be saying the same about a Red Wolf and a few others.

Reactions: Dairyboy