FX IS ALL OF THIS FX HYPE FOR REAL 🤔......

I dont even know if factory sponsorship is done in air rifle competitions, but let's just say that it is. I seriously doubt that every competitor shooting any brand of gun is sponsored.

As for why are they chosen? Partialy because of performance, but mostly from marketing, and not an isigificant desire for bragging rights. Not all that different other popular products.

As an example, Harley Davidson is without a doubt the best selling motorcycle in this country and it is not because of the brands superiority.
Harley is the most sold because a lot of older guys wanna get away from their wives and would look funny on a crotch rocket.

I have an FX rifle I like just fine. It's been reliable and accurate (like kinda stupid accurate). But they won't get my money when I buy my next gun. Why? They don't do .20 cal. They can't give everyone everything they want and I want my next air rifle in .20 cal. Period. However, my experience with the FX rifle I own has been great. My experience with service and spare parts has been great as well. If I am fortunate, I may get another someday. But not any time soon.

Harley is the most sold because a lot of older guys wanna get away from their wives and would look funny on a crotch rocket.
I'm an old guy and I ride a Honda.
IMG_0639.JPG

I'm an old guy and I ride a Honda.
View attachment 459077
I gave up 2 wheeled vehicles after the ever increasing amount of distracted drivers. I watched a guy get pancaked into the median by some dumb girl on her phone driving down the highway. That was it for me.

I'm about to give up on roof top jobs too, since I almost fell off the top of my 32 foot ladder yesterday while transitioning to the roof of a house to fix a solar panel. I'm an electrician and I'm getting too old to be doing that crap. I'll stay in the basement doing panels or remodel work.

Like I said earlier what hype are you influence by the most. Quality in build, best or latest technology , overall quality, most accurate, most dependable, best value for the money? I can go on and on but no manufacturer is going to get top rateing on everything . Most people have their favorite brand or a particular model that does everything they want it too. The next guy not so much. It’s a tough topic. I learned in the PB competition world that 90 percent of of success was in the shooters capability . A top competitor could take any losers gun and still out shoot them. But top shooters still had good quality equipment that they practiced and honed their skills on which got them to the top. I’m older now but was a competitive shooter back when. I spent good money on my guns for competition grade barrels and did all the mods to get my PB guns to shoot To my liking . Just as we are doing with these Airguns today. We always had the haters would said we had an unfair advantage because they didn’t have the money. We top shooters would wager that we would swap guns to see if ours guns made the difference . we still out shot those guys with their own guns. We pissed off some of them but we just proved a point if you want to compete at our level you have to first learn the disciplines to get to those levels which was more important than what gun you used or how much it cost. if you were a sponsord shooter I was because you earned it by being a good shooter first . Then you got the equipment and ammo to practice with that equipment to represent them . I find Airguns more challenging to shoot at distances as there are more variables to master like wind and temperatures And the complexity of the guns. But enharently these airguns are very accurate in the distances they are intended to shoot at and more. I’m a big fan of FX because of what they have brought to the table of new improvements and models for all the different shooting venues along with the accessories from FX and aftermarket.

I’m 55 and my street bike is a super moto. But I wear a full face helmet so I only get funny looks when I pull in somewhere and take off my helmet.

I dont even know if factory sponsorship is done in air rifle competitions, but let's just say that it is. I seriously doubt that every competitor shooting any brand of gun is sponsored.

As for why are they chosen? Partialy because of performance, but mostly from marketing, and not an isigificant desire for bragging rights. Not all that different other popular products.

As an example, Harley Davidson is without a doubt the best selling motorcycle in this country and it is not because of the brands superiority.
Doesn’t have to be full sponsorship. Just perks can be good enough.

Deciding if the hype is real is an individual decision. Nobody can answer that question for you.
I think it is in the American market. FX has the power and the endless options we want.
If I lived in England where power is limited I would probably buy an S510 and pass it down to my grand grand kids.
Lucky for us there are a lot of great companies and products to choose from.

They are good rifles, however, there are others that are competitive too like RAW, Thomas, and Daystate, but they don't have all the knobs that you can twiddle the hours away with, Your results will vary.

VERY true!

I'd love a gun that just shot every pellet of every weight every distance.

I have had a bunch of FX's and have liked most of them. For the price its a good deal I like the Daystate redwolf $2900 FX Crown $1900. I have 2 crowns 1 in 177 and 1 in 22. They shoot better than me. The adjustability is what I like tweeking a pellet to get the most accurate that i can get it with the Daystate you have to buy a $400 programmer to change the computer settings. With the Crown a set of Metric allens.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Deciding if the hype is real is an individual decision. Nobody can answer that question for you.
I think it is in the American market. FX has the power and the endless options we want.
If I lived in England where power is limited I would probably buy an S510 and pass it down to my grand grand kids.
Lucky for us there are a lot of great companies and products to choose from.
I live in England and most of my rifles are FX. Air arms haven't changed most of their stuff in 25 years and I find it very dated...............Their springers are nice, but I'm not interested in springers.

Reactions: ocdairgunner