FX IS ALL OF THIS FX HYPE FOR REAL 🤔......

Accuracy at 50 yards.
Has been for me since '18...5 shots 49y. Bobcat .25....been doin' it from new.
1000002825.jpg

My short barrel crown will stack them at 50. Long barrel with an obscene amount of test and tune, I could hit projectiles sized targets at 100yrs pretty easily (both 22 cal)

Are the new barrels as good as the old? Will they like the projectiles or the tune you have on the gun? That and countless other variables. There is no Magic gun, but if there were any I'd probably have to go with the fx boss or maybe a redwolf

Last edited:
There is no air gun that lives up to what is presented on YouTube every day with every gun the factory ships.
I am a dedicated FX shooter and cut my air gun teeth with a Maverick.
After almost 3 years I will state that the Maverick, Panthera family and Impact are NOT new shooter products.
Are FX guns over hyped? Yes they are. YT influencers present a picture far simpler than the reality of a flag ship FX gun. You need to be able to tune and fix the gun yourself and if you are into modifying, doing that yourself as well. Otherwise you are in for disappointment. Not simple guns, not plug and play at all.
But, learn the guns, know how to tune and trouble shoot and repair basic things and they are very rewarding

If you have a pcp that doesn't give you nickel sized groups or smaller at 50 yards off a solid rest, then you send it back or sell it off to someone who doesn't have such high standards.

All of my pcps, barring my under 15 fpe guns, will literally stack pellets at 50 yards providing conditions are right and I take my time. I don't even sort pellets.

I'm an accuracy snob, so if I don't get dimes and pennies 50 and in, it's cast out with the lepers and sodomites.

No. I don't own an FX, and yes they're over hyped.

Depends on what hype you’re talking about. Accuracy I would say it is as good as any PCP rifle that is properly tuned and has a good barrel . That saying manufactured parts can vary and some get through the inspections that shouldnt . That is a fact of all PCP guns so you hear complaints from a few unhappy owners on hear and then that gun is representive of all guns from that maker. Especially from the haters and trolls that find every chance to bad mouth them. A lot of people expect out of the box 50 yard one hole groups. That has a lot to do with who you buy from and if you ask them to tune it for you for your particular performance. if you buy from some dealer that doesn’t do that service then you the buyer have to spend the time to find the right pellet and tune to get this performance . A lot of people moving up to FX and other quality guns in these price points expect this out of the box performance but don’t know how to go about the process and get nowhere and blame the gun. Unfortunately FX does hype up all their new guns they bring out which puts them emediately in the sights of us wanting to know if the guns are that good. While other makers quietly ship their newest models out to dealers and they wind up on UTube videos reviews showing the good and bad points of the guns by shooters not the maker. You have to take their opinions with a grain of salt too as if they give a bad review their not getting another gun from that dealer to review which puts them out of the UTube business. Which can be said about any car magazine and internet car review site. I have to say there are a lot of guys on this forum who buy all types of PCP rifles and first thing they do is disassemble them to see how they are made. iMO that is absurd and just asking for something to be damaged like an o-ring , I don’t care who they are, it’s going to happen. No need to tear a gun down . Period. Then it’s oh I had a leak in my gun, bad design , too many o rings.
but I will say this about FX guns as a company. Look at the amount of new innovations they have brought to this PCP market always improving performance and bringing out designs that we are asking for . They are way ahead of other manufacturers in that regard and this R&D and retooling comes at a cost to us if you want to stay up with the newest greatest gun that is getting all the HYPE.

I've had a Crown MKII and an Impact MKII. I still have the Crown and would recommend it to anyone as a good shooter that you can just take out and shoot without needing to tune the crap out of it. Basically buy it and shoot. The Impact is a good gun if you want to tune more than shoot. I still have the Crown and replaced the Impact with a Ghost.

There is no air gun that lives up to what is presented on YouTube every day with every gun the factory ships.
I am a dedicated FX shooter and cut my air gun teeth with a Maverick.
After almost 3 years I will state that the Maverick, Panthera family and Impact are NOT new shooter products.
Are FX guns over hyped? Yes they are. YT influencers present a picture far simpler than the reality of a flag ship FX gun. You need to be able to tune and fix the gun yourself and if you are into modifying, doing that yourself as well. Otherwise you are in for disappointment. Not simple guns, not plug and play at all.
But, learn the guns, know how to tune and trouble shoot and repair basic things and they are very rewarding
All my FX guns to date have been just that, plug and play. They all shot and continue to shoot excellent. Have there been issues? Yes, but minor. I have done some tuning on a couple because of caliber changes, but other than that, they shot great out of the box. That goes for other brands as well (except AEA). IMHO most issues arise from those who tweak their guns without adequate knowledge or experience -most issues, not all.

I always refer back to major, long distance events, and see exactly what brands were used by those on the podeum.
So yes, its real!
Long distance events require power and larger calibres, the downside is both use more air than an asthmatic whale, so unless you have an endless air supply and very deep pockets they are not that practical for most shooters.

Long distance events are a uniquely American, for the most part the rest of the world aren’t really that interested, how many fx win in other shooting disciplines, field target, hunter field target, 10mts, 25mts and 50mts bench rest for an example….not many.

Bb