Is a used rifle supposed to be perfect. If stated it does not have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I know how the rifle looked BEFORE it was painted. The April 17th ad you posted shows the rifle with a bunch of scratches. The ad he posted with the package shows none of those scratches.

April 17 ad
View attachment 357123
May 4 ad
View attachment 357124

Now my vision isn’t as good as it used to be but I can clearly see a BIG difference. Zoom in on the pics. First pic looks like Edward scissor hands was shooting it. Second pic looks like non scratched up air tube. C’mon Big Tinny you were an LEO you should’ve caught that. I’ll give you one thing, in the pics from the ad I purchased paint can be seen on the receiver. Apparently that paint or whatever it is on the receiver was there before the air tube was painted. Shame on me for not catching that. The gouge is not visible though. I clearly saw the scuff and other little marks on the shroud and was cool with that. But the other crap is not acceptable

Here’s the ad that duped me:

Actually looks exactly alike just different angles and lighting.

Reactions: Scotay42
Does buyer get to know the brand and color of spray paint? Like when you buy a house and there's a little bit left in a gallon in the garage so you can get paint that matches....
Well i posted the agn link that showed i did no painting or sharpie, but again listen to allegations and lies not the actual truth, due to it is exactly as it was before i received it. Sure i can get it color matched for you at lowes, auto parts store, whichever if you want.

A few things that come to my mind (small though it is)...

Was it a very good deal? How much more would a more perfect model cost? If it shoots well, then the cosmetics are superficial. If ya gotta have perfect, then pay for perfect, not used.

Also, this thread teaches others here who not to deal with. That's the price exacted for a dramatic performance.

Peace,

J~
I have dealt with him before and he’s not a bad guy to deal with, I would have just said it’s a shooters/hunting grade rifle that’s been around the block, I had a s510 and paid $1800 for a new one like 2yrs ago so his used price is fair.. you can’t please everybody in the classifieds which is why I don’t sell on here anymore, I never had a bad experience selling or buying but there’s always that guy that’s looking for that crackhead special new in box deal that will complain no matter what used or new

Btw, i know i messed up. It happens, still love the judgement. And as for laughing at him, that was after he said i was a shortbus rider. I said he would be refunded upon me receiving my rifle back. He was then pissed and went straight to paypal. Even ebay doesnt refund until it has been returned and inspected. But that is outlandish i guess. Again the sinner in me for thinking that.
When I did sell I didn’t deal with anybody from California… to much for shipping and that state is full of shady people 😀😀😀😀

Reactions: Scotay42
@Franklink holy crap man you made me spit out the coffee that I drank at 5 am. I don’t know what’s funnier your joke or the fact that he didn’t get it😂

@BigTinBoat aka Big Tinny - I installed your “SSG” into my 2240 and it sucked so I through it in a parts bin where it was eventually taken apart and used for other projects where it was more useful. Now if I got an SSG like the ones motorhead makes, that actually require specialized skills like using a lathe, then I might’ve offered you 10 tins of pellets.

@lisamike92 speaking of @Motorhead, he lives in a California and isn’t a shady guy. @Ranchibi , @Bigragu , @boscoebrea, and a bunch of other guys on this forum that live in California and are far from shady. Btw I’m not from California Lisa. I’m born and raised in New York. Funny you got a pic of Charlie Bronson, you’re more like Chatty Bronson. You just keep running your mouth and most of it don’t make sense.

@Scotay42 you really boiled my blood with the crap you pulled. But I’m not angry anymore. I feel pity for you. I mean how smart is it to keep egging on the guy that STILL has your rifle😂 Do that crap after you get your rifle.

Make no mistake, I’m not obligated to send your stuff back. The only thing that’s MAKING me send it back are my morals. A lesser man would’ve ghosted you by now. I don’t really toot my horn that often but you got lucky that I’m not the guy I used to be. I was a punk POS at one point in my life and woulda took kept your crap and sent you a red Ryder filled with my dogs poop. Luckily for you and me I learned my lessons the hard way. And as you can see I’ve done nobody dirty here, or on GTA where I’ve been a member for 6 years(same name too nothing to hide here amigo), or on eBay where I’ve sold thousands dollars worth of items.

I know some of the stuff I say irks people but I could give a rats ass. I’m not gonna sugar coat poop, and I’m can be a real azzhole especially when I get played like a fiddle.

Btw, Big Ragu doesn’t want homeless guys touching his “junk”

Now go chew on that for a while

Last edited:
When I did sell I didn’t deal with anybody from California… to much for shipping and that state is full of shady people 😀😀😀😀
Well can't say i disagree totally .... Tho based on recent years discord of shooters against there local population making the news, with the early on thinking California was truly really screwed up ... It came to be aspirant in more recent years this country as a whole is screwed up and being SHADY or mentally compromised has nothing to do with this states persons. ( Proud born & raised Northern Californian ) yea a bias to the northern part of the state.

A perspective ...

He still got a refund, yet the judging continues.
Yes one does wonder why the bitching continues even after a refund.

I have resisted commenting in this thread for a week. I can't manage it any longer.

This looks like some of the discussions I have had with other members of the forum who are chiming in here. Sometimes it was my fault and I started it, sometimes it wasn't. I have, however CONSISTENTLY observed there is a small group of people who (being wizened old veterans who not only know it all but are more than happy to remind folks they do) gather together like a pack of yapping dogs to tear apart any member (new or otherwise) who has offended another member of said pack.

It's not a pretty sight. Even when the offender is wrong it makes us (as a forum) look petty and boorish.

That's my two. You've got your money. He's been made aware of what people expect. Is it truly necessary to continue ripping this rabbit to shreds?

I think not.

Last edited:
Make no mistake, I’m not obligated to send your stuff back.
Yes you are.
The only thing that’s MAKING me send it back are my morals. A lesser man would’ve ghosted you by now. I don’t really toot my horn that often but you got lucky that I’m not the guy I used to be. I was a punk POS at one point in my life and woulda took kept your crap and sent you a red Ryder filled with my dogs poop. Luckily for you and me I learned my lessons the hard way. And as you can see I’ve done nobody dirty here, or on GTA where I’ve been a member for 6 years(same name too nothing to hide here amigo), or on eBay where I’ve sold thousands dollars worth of items.

I know some of the stuff I say irks people but I could give a rats ass. I’m not gonna sugar coat poop, and I’m can be a real azzhole especially when I get played like a fiddle.
Yes you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: baranjhn
“I have resisted commenting in this thread for a week. I can't manage it any longer.”

Hahaha that made me laugh spooky. Save the theatrics for drama class.
You mean this ISN'T drama class? I heard all the screaming and butt hurt whining going on and figured it MUST be HIGH SCHOOL drama 101... Whatever, put down the bottle and get some rest.

Just curious, since i am menatlly handicapped according to who i sold a rifle to.
Quit while you are ahead. Starting this thread was really a bad idea. You know that now. When I put something up in the classifieds I ALWAYS figure the buyer is going to want to return it and I ALWAYS say, "Money back upon return, no questions asked." I do that because I don't want this sort of a pissing contest to happen. It's just not worth it.

When you get that rifle back, post it again. Real good pics. I've been wanting one of those. I'll have a look at it.

All I see is 2 little kids fighting over spill milk. Both grow up. Lmao.

Seller should take pic of all scratches, dents, marks, rust, etc so buyer will know what to expect.

Buyer buying use gun should know you ain't getting flawless gun since it's been use. So why expect so much when it's just some scratches and marks. As long as it full function and hold air is what's matters cause it's used. If you want a flawless gun, go buy a new one. Don't cry over spill milk. Shipping back and forth, ain't worth that hassle, time, and money.

That's just my 2 cent for both these kids. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.