• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is a used rifle supposed to be perfect. If stated it does not have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been posting or even looking at the forum for the past several months, but have signed on the finish selling my stuff. Decided I may as well weigh in on this situation.

Back on April 17th the OP posted an ad for this gun. His first pic CLEARLY shows the gouge in the shroud as well as the "paint run" on the receiver that you are implying he had to delay shipping to complete drying. His 3rd pic in that post also appears (when enlarged) to show the paint on tube.
It's hard to tell if the sharpie is there due to a shadow on the gun.

His most recent ad (posted on May4th) does clearly show the "sharpie" on the receiver, as well as both of the other items shown in the first ad.

When reviewing the photos I saw the gouge, but its not a close up, one should of been provided as its much more severe looking in the one the buyer posted...I think a clear photo like that would of detered his initial desire to purchase the gun...further I couldn't notice off the bat the tube was not original blued steel, and if the seller didn't mention it in the ad, clearly he must of not noticed either, so how is the average Joe supposed to arrive at such conclusions based on the sales photo? Sharpie cover-up is common and not a major concern but the other two...ehhh.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Same.. I trust no one online..
IT is not a matter of trust . , partly it is a matter of shipping / damage . And i might find something better at a show . I am lusting after two guns that i haven't found yet.
I know actually most people are not willing to travel , pay for a room and meals , personally i think it is fun .

I can’t say definitely but that gun looks like the one that was on here awhile back for 550 that I was pissed I missed out on. The mark in the stock looks super familiar but who knows I am just speculating. I guess the buyer learned a lesson too. I guess he should go drop 1800 bones on a new one to be sure what he was getting.
I don’t know much about those guns but if that’s a $1,800 gun, then the OP was at least in the ballpark with his used price. I would expect most sellers to be swinging for the fence on here with a $1,200+ price on a used $1,800 gun. As a buyer, this would have raised one curiosity eyebrow. Not both eyebrows as I frantically tried to be the first to pay him. In my opinion, both guys were a little lacking in this deal. It’s resolved so we all can move along and be happy they shared. This topic might seem negative, but it should move us in a positive direction.

A few things that come to my mind (small though it is)...

Was it a very good deal? How much more would a more perfect model cost? If it shoots well, then the cosmetics are superficial. If ya gotta have perfect, then pay for perfect, not used.

Also, this thread teaches others here who not to deal with. That's the price exacted for a dramatic performance.

Peace,

J~

IT is not a matter of trust . , partly it is a matter of shipping / damage . And i might find something better at a show . I am lusting after two guns that i haven't found yet.
I know actually most people are not willing to travel , pay for a room and meals , personally i think it is fun .
I have no problems traveling meeting someone... That part is fun. Meeting like minded people that share the hobby is great... ( That being said I've bought used barrels from members here on AGN never meeting them in person but those particular people are definitely well trusted by everyone single person here) I may have made it sound rather bad that I trust no one online... For that I do apologize to everyone that may have taken an offence to that rather unclear comment.. most members here I believe to be honest... What isn't a big Deal to one may be to another... we're all different people and expect, hope, dream differently.

Sounds like just a couple of ladies swinging purses.

This is EXACTLY why I never pay close to retail for used items....from anybody....in any condition. I laugh when I see used items for 10% less than full retail.

But people pay it here for some odd reason. I have no idea why. And then the purses start swinging.

Buyer beware. No need for the drama. This problem is literally a thousand years old.

I haven't been posting or even looking at the forum for the past several months, but have signed on the finish selling my stuff. Decided I may as well weigh in on this situation.

Back on April 17th the OP posted an ad for this gun. His first pic CLEARLY shows the gouge in the shroud as well as the "paint run" on the receiver that you are implying he had to delay shipping to complete drying. His 3rd pic in that post also appears (when enlarged) to show the paint on tube.
It's hard to tell if the sharpie is there due to a shadow on the gun.

His most recent ad (posted on May4th) does clearly show the "sharpie" on the receiver, as well as both of the other items shown in the first ad.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I know how the rifle looked BEFORE it was painted. The April 17th ad you posted shows the rifle with a bunch of scratches. The ad he posted with the package shows none of those scratches.

April 17 ad
4DE7CABD-742F-49A0-A7DE-2E3E04F69262.jpeg

May 4 ad
18F993D3-EC95-4B8A-86EC-6E35784B664E.jpeg

Now my vision isn’t as good as it used to be but I can clearly see a BIG difference. Zoom in on the pics. First pic looks like Edward scissor hands was shooting it. Second pic looks like non scratched up air tube. C’mon Big Tinny you were an LEO you should’ve caught that. I’ll give you one thing, in the pics from the ad I purchased paint can be seen on the receiver. Apparently that paint or whatever it is on the receiver was there before the air tube was painted. Shame on me for not catching that. The gouge is not visible though. I clearly saw the scuff and other little marks on the shroud and was cool with that. But the other crap is not acceptable

Here’s the ad that duped me:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I know how the rifle looked BEFORE it was painted. The April 17th ad you posted shows the rifle with a bunch of scratches. The ad he posted with the package shows none of those scratches.

April 17 ad
View attachment 357123
May 4 ad
View attachment 357124

Now my vision isn’t as good as it used to be but I can clearly see a BIG difference. Zoom in on the pics. First pic looks like Edward scissor hands was shooting it. Second pic looks like non scratched up air tube. C’mon Big Tinny you were an LEO you should’ve caught that. I’ll give you one thing, in the pics from the ad I purchased paint can be seen on the receiver. Apparently that paint or whatever it is on the receiver was there before the air tube was painted. Shame on me for not catching that. The gouge is not visible though. I clearly saw the scuff and other little marks on the shroud and was cool with that. But the other crap is not acceptable

Here’s the ad that duped me:

"I have a nice AA S510 FAC Carbine .22 , it has a nice laminate stock and an Altaros regulator installed. It is equipped with a power adjustment knob also to easily adjust power. I am looking to trade as well. Included is a brand new Westhunter scope 4-16×44 FFP , Brand new Donnyfl Tanto and a couple tins of its favorite pellets. $950 SHIPPED (East of MS) FOR THE PACKAGE, bipod not included,scope and moderator can be discussed if not wanted as well . I have multiple listed and am looking to get into an FX maverick."

Yep no close ups of the gouge, no clear angles on it, no clear mention of it, and you're 100% on that tube looking freshly painted in this pic compared to the last, now this guy claiming he doesn't paint has me raising an eyebrow, that or he is a magician.

When reviewing the photos I saw the gouge, but its not a close up, one should of been provided as its much more severe looking in the one the buyer posted...I think a clear photo like that would of detered

The tube in the April photo looks like it had been painted a long while ago.
If he had just asked for more pictures in the beginning this would not be happenning. I have always been happy to offer any pictures asked for. Now he is holding my rifle until he just decides to send it back. Maybe this weekend he says. We will see, I guess.

If he had just asked for more pictures in the beginning this would not be happenning. I have always been happy to offer any pictures asked for. Now he is holding my rifle until he just decides to send it back. Maybe this weekend he says. We will see, I guess.

Idk, if I am selling something with what I consider a major defect, I include that in the picture and description. I sell 1000's of items on eBay personally, and I would 100% expect a return in this given circumstance, or if the shoe was on the other foot, I would feel shafted...certainly if the seller laughed at my initial return request.

You're the one who bumped the thread with input, then ya get sour when you get a response to your response, understand the cycle your perpetuating?
I am not upset. You just do not know what judging is. I do not like lies either. You do not want to believe me because your judgemaent has already been done. Look up this gun previous to me buying it. It looks exactly the same. Sharpie , paint whatever you want to see. Believe facts or not. Fact is simple, just do not buy from me, since you have now sentenced me to be a terrible person believe a reseller or just a guy selling a used rifle for less than what i paid. You have already chosen. I have already thanked you.

Gotta keep it alive til i get my rifle back anyway. I have learned alot about a few things and people in this group.

Now I kinda wish I had posted negative feedback on your buyer when during a transaction I had with him he did NOT hold up his end of the bargain. It was only for a very minor amount of value so I wasn't too concerned.

Reactions: Scotay42
Status
Not open for further replies.