FX Is a single reg maverick a possibility?

As I see it, there should be no reason the remove the first reg, if you do not intend to use the gun with very high reg pressures (beyond factory intended use), where the first reg pressure would be a limiting factor. Like if you end up with a situation that there is almost no pressure difference between the two regs.
If you like to fidle around with different pressures on the seccond reg, I would just set the first reg high, and leave it there, as someone else mentioned.
Regarding the first shot speed, it has probably nothing to do with the first reg.
One simple test to see if the gun is any better with one reg, is to set the first reg high, and shoot the gun with tank pressure lower than the first reg. If anything noticable change, it would suprise me.

Look, I know y’all are all FX fans, and I get the appeal, but I’m a “simpler is better” kinda guy. I like quick follow ups, and less things to go wrong. I like the maverick platform, but I hate the idea of extra things to go bad. These regs are already known for creep, and user caused reliability issues. By deleting the reg, not only do I remove something that can go bad from the equation, but also get a faster plenum refill, and easier tuning capability. The recommendation to keep the first reg wide open is great, but it still relies on a reg remaining sealed. More orings to leak etc. Ernest had a maverick with a single reg conversion, and I tried to find how he did it. It may be a simple endeavor, it might not, hence the post here. I’m gathering from responses though, that it’s not a simple thing.

Well the intention of two regs is to lessen the wear on the seccond reg. Espesially if the seccond reg is set low, and you fill the gun up to 250 bar. In addition it allows to use 300 bar bottles. I not sure you will get a more reliable gun by deleting the first, as teoretically one reg will wear out sooner, as it has to deal with higher pressure. But it is offcorse your choise.

Reactions: nervoustrig
In checking the FX schematics for the 1st regulator on the Impact M3 and the Maverick, I'm seeing the same part numbers for all parts with the word "regulator" as part of the description...

Impact M3
19695 Regulator Screw Impact
19697-1 Regulator house
19696 Regulator piston (long) (May 2017>)

Maverick
19695 Regulator Screw
19697-1 Regulator house
19696 Regulator rod

It would seem that based on the parts above, the Saber Tactical 1st Regulator Bypass would also work on the Maverick...

FX Impact M3 First Regulator Bypass ST0039

I'm going to call Utah Airguns this coming week to see what they have to say about it. You might want to do the same :)

Well the intention of two regs is to lessen the wear on the seccond reg. Espesially if the seccond reg is set low, and you fill the gun up to 250 bar. In addition it allows to use 300 bar bottles. I not sure you will get a more reliable gun by deleting the first, as teoretically one reg will wear out sooner, as it has to deal with higher pressure. But it is offcorse your choise.
If that was the case, you’d see a lot more manufacturers going this route. In fact, FX themselves stopped going this route, so I’m calling BS on that claim.

In checking the FX schematics for the 1st regulator on the Impact M3 and the Maverick, I'm seeing the same part numbers for all parts with the word "regulator" as part of the description...

Impact M3
19695 Regulator Screw Impact
19697-1 Regulator house
19696 Regulator piston (long) (May 2017>)

Maverick
19695 Regulator Screw
19697-1 Regulator house
19696 Regulator rod

It would seem that based on the parts above, the Saber Tactical 1st Regulator Bypass would also work on the Maverick...

FX Impact M3 First Regulator Bypass ST0039

I'm going to call Utah Airguns this coming week to see what they have to say about it. You might want to do the same :)
Not accurate information. The first reg on an M3 is housed in the bottle adapter. The “delete” kit for an M3 is a replacement bottle adapter without reg.
The mav has the regulator in the front reg housing similar to a dreamline. This will not work with the M3 part.

Reactions: KodiakJac
If that was the case, you’d see a lot more manufacturers going this route. In fact, FX themselves stopped going this route, so I’m calling BS on that claim.
Tor47 is correct in terms of it reducing wear and tear on the second regulator. Whether or not reliability is improved depends on a lot of factors so that aspect could go either way.

The first reg on an M3 is housed in the bottle adapter. The “delete” kit for an M3 is a replacement bottle adapter without reg.
The mav has the regulator in the front reg housing similar to a dreamline. This will not work with the M3 part.

Thanks for that information. That is why I was going to call Utah Airguns. I'll cross post your reply to the other thread I started on this topic. (y)

Hopefully, Saber Tactical will come out with a similar product for the Maverick. More options are always better :)

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
If you want to have a minimalist (fewest orings) DIY approach which doesn’t involve machining a whole replacement piece, I would think that you would have to do as follows:

1. replace the reg adjustment pin with an airtight screw, perhaps epoxied or soldered in place. Install the sealed reg housing (with no piston/washers)

2. Tap the vent/breather hole and similarly seal.

That would leave only the housing oring as I understand it. If I’m wrong, I’ll appreciate being schooled!