FX Is a single reg maverick a possibility?

I recently acquired a maverick from a member here. While it did need a little love (reflected in the price), I would say all in all, it was a good deal. I bought it specifically to shoot 25cal, but it came with 22 barrels so I started by shooting the nsa 20.2 slugs. So far at 40yds it’s a tac driver with them. I do however need to do some fine tuning. While I’ve heard the dual reg system is a great system, In my eyes, not only is it a longer project to tune, but has more parts to go bad. The M3 has a lot of aftermarket help with single reg conversions, but I haven’t seen any for the maverick. I have seen that Ernest Rowe himself converted a maverick to a single reg by somehow removing the rear reg, and at the same time creating a stupidly large plenum. While the plenum isn’t that big a deal for me, I’d love to be able to delete that Resd reg. Any ideas how this is possible??

Thanks in advance.

You can simply replace the Belleville washers with a stack of flat washers of the same height. Doing so will put the regulator in bypass mode.

Flat washers, or a parallel stack of Bellevilles ((((((((((, or a steel bushing of the appropriate dimensions...any of these approaches would achieve the same thing.

I recently acquired a maverick from a member here. While it did need a little love (reflected in the price), I would say all in all, it was a good deal. I bought it specifically to shoot 25cal, but it came with 22 barrels so I started by shooting the nsa 20.2 slugs. So far at 40yds it’s a tac driver with them. I do however need to do some fine tuning. While I’ve heard the dual reg system is a great system, In my eyes, not only is it a longer project to tune, but has more parts to go bad. The M3 has a lot of aftermarket help with single reg conversions, but I haven’t seen any for the maverick. I have seen that Ernest Rowe himself converted a maverick to a single reg by somehow removing the rear reg, and at the same time creating a stupidly large plenum. While the plenum isn’t that big a deal for me, I’d love to be able to delete that Resd reg. Any ideas how this is possible??

Thanks in advance.
Tuning isn't all that bad if you have your starting points and do opposite of what you want to do on the hammer macro. I have a converted .25 to compact .22 it's my project gun but it's also the one I use with RMR/FX 22gr slugs out to 125 yards.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Tuning isn't all that bad if you have your starting points and do opposite of what you want to do on the hammer macro. I have a converted .25 to compact .22 it's my project gun but it's also the one I use with RMR/FX 22gr slugs out to 125 yards.
It’s not necessarily that it’s hard to tune. I’m just of the mentality that more parts in the rifle, more to break. FX went back to a single reg system with their new platform, and the M3 boys are all converting to single reg with so many issues with the front regs. I like simple guns, and I like first shot accurate guns. This maverick was a good deal, and I was looking for something to either shoot 22 slugs, or 25 pellets. I want to remedy the factory issues and make this thing shine in the departments I prioritize more. I know it’s capable with a little tlc.

It’s not necessarily that it’s hard to tune. I’m just of the mentality that more parts in the rifle, more to break. FX went back to a single reg system with their new platform, and the M3 boys are all converting to single reg with so many issues with the front regs. I like simple guns, and I like first shot accurate guns. This maverick was a good deal, and I was looking for something to either shoot 22 slugs, or 25 pellets. I want to remedy the factory issues and make this thing shine in the departments I prioritize more. I know it’s capable with a little tlc.
The issues are only perceived, not actual, if you know what you are doing and do some research here or ask questions.

The issues are only perceived, not actual, if you know what you are doing and do some research here or ask questions.
If they’re perceived issues, I wouldn’t be asking for advice here. I KNOW it’s not first shot accurate, I KNOW it’ll be easier to tune with only one reg, I KNOW M3 guys AND FX realized that 2 regs really aren’t needed for higher power applications. I’m simply asking if anyone has seen anything available to remove 1 reg. The rest, I can take care of myself.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: BSJ
If they’re perceived issues, I wouldn’t be asking for advice here. I KNOW it’s not first shot accurate, I KNOW it’ll be easier to tune with only one reg, I KNOW M3 guys AND FX realized that 2 regs really aren’t needed for higher power applications. I’m simply asking if anyone has seen anything available to remove 1 reg. The rest, I can take care of myself.

Thanks for the help.
Just back it out to flush, or like one member said cup all of the Bellevilles, boom one reg.

Do you have a link? Cant find it on their website

7F4BAC93-42C0-438B-8365-E4BF57BDD11B.png

This is where are you send it into an Airgunsmith to custom machine a bypass for the gun
That’s a last resort for me. I don’t like shipping my guns out unless absolutely necessary. There’s too many problems with shipping companies lately. Every time I sell a pcp I’m all nerves until it arrives. I’ve had packages go missing in the past, and even a gun that I packaged extremely well be damaged by the shipping company. I’ll do everything I can to my own guns before thinking about sending it out. Ir sucks, but that’s what it is.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I don’t want to derail the conversation but how does one regulator make tuning easier? Why not just set reg 1 really high at the start and simply use reg 2 for any and all of the trial and error tuning?
Not a terrible idea. Easier in the aspect of using less air.

Reactions: KodiakJac