is .357 good enough for wild hogs

I agree that the 357 under consideration is a big deal and I submit that placement is too. Head shots only? Or body shots too? I've seen youtubes of hogs taken with a 25 caliber but it was with a head shot. With respect to weapon, I believe the SPA M60b in 357 is only slightly over 100 fpe. The Benjamin bulldog is rated for about 300 fpe. I would put the SPA in the "head shot only" camp but the bulldog might be able to do body shots too. 3X the fpe will make a difference. I didn't look up other 357s but there are undoubtedly some more powerful than the bulldog.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I agree that the 357 under consideration is a big deal and I submit that placement is too. Head shots only? Or body shots too? I've seen youtubes of hogs taken with a 25 caliber but it was with a head shot. With respect to weapon, I believe the SPA M60b in 357 is only slightly over 100 fpe. The Benjamin bulldog is rated for about 300 fpe. I would put the SPA in the "head shot only" camp but the bulldog might be able to do body shots too. 3X the fpe will make a difference. I didn't look up other 357s but there are undoubtedly some more powerful than the bulldog.
Haven't chronographed my .35 Snowpeak M60B yet but a YouTube reviewer, with almost two turns in on HS, is @ 650 FPS with FX (81 grain) pellets for 76 FPE. WM