• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Is .20 Dead?

I've pre ordered a bunch of them with several venders, everyone is out of .20's of any kind, I've got about four tins left then I'm out, I hope they start the production up soon.
Depending on which ones you want:
Trenier Airguns shows to have the JSB 13.73gr in stock. Excellent service, packing, prices and he ships fast:
Utah Airguns also shows the JSB 13.73 in stock. They don't advertise it, but put 5 in your cart and that 5th tin is free:

I own three springers in .20 caliber and don't think there is an ammunition selection problem. Fewer choices, but all good ones.

- Now for higher powered applications, there are no slugs or >16 grain pellets - I wish that would change. Just bought a .20 LW barrel for my RAW.
Yes there are 16 grain pellets! .20 heavies.
JSB 15.89s my Regal just loves them.

Reactions: bf1956
Back in the 80s I would read the articles in the Beeman catalog and Robert was a big proponent of 20 cal. Decades later, I bought the German spring rifles I wanted as a kid. I kind of regret selling my Beeman R9 in .20 cal. it has smashed plenty of pigeons before I got into PCPs. Now, I only have a R7 in .20 cal left in my collection. Photo of the leftover .20 caliber pellets I have in my closet.

20230305_225823.jpg

Where does one find a .20 HW98 or HW97K? Is it currently available for purchase somewhere?
Unless AoA has some or you find one used, usually a special order through Krale. It's how fellow member jccams got his 98, but he had to wait close to a year to finally get it.
You could also consider trying a WTB ad in the Classified Gate.

Reactions: HW98.20cal
Unless AoA has some or you find one used, usually a special order through Krale. It's how fellow member jccams got his 98, but he had to wait close to a year to finally get it.
You could also consider trying a WTB ad in the Classified Gate.
14 months to be exact, it was worth the wait.
thumbnail (25).jpeg

Back in the 80s I would read the articles in the Beeman catalog and Robert was a big proponent of 20 cal. Decades later, I bought the German spring rifles I wanted as a kid. I kind of regret selling my Beeman R9 in .20 cal. it has smashed plenty of pigeons before I got into PCPs. Now, I only have a R7 in .20 cal left in my collection. Photo of the leftover .20 caliber pellets I have in my closet.

View attachment 337992
Along with my Sheridan I had a Beeman commemorative 20th Anniversary in 20 cal. The Beeman was stollen when our house was burglerized in January 95. Serial #15.
I miss that gun. I put every high dollar accesory on that gun, Beemans fanciest sling, gun bag, their top scope, The thiefs probably shot nails out of it.

• Sad
Reactions: deadaim

View attachment 337992
I didn't know Crosman used to make 0.20 cal pellets! I have several old Sheridans and an R9 that are 0.20 cal and I have mostly JSB and H&H FTT pellets that I've purchased fairly recently.

I didn't know Crosman used to make 0.20 cal pellets! I have several old Sheridans and an R9 that are 0.20 cal and I have mostly JSB and H&H FTT pellets that I've purchased fairly recently.
The Crosman Premier .20 in the brown box is a fine pellet and economical. I recall having to wash them first to clean off the residue.
Cheers to .20 cal !