• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is .20 Dead?

Airguns of Arizona now has the HW95 Delux and HW80 in stock in .20 caliber.

I have been drooling over them for over a week. I've been debating if I could justify buying a .20.

I finally realized I couldn't pull the trigger on the.20 caliber as much as I would love to own one. Fear of pellet shortages in the future concern me to much. I would be hoarding pellets and paying to high a price while not shooting as much as I would like. Damn it!

So I ordered the HW80 in .177 instead ;-) Magnum springer time!

Cheers
Z

Last edited:
I admit that .20 is my original and favorite airgun caliber. I believe that I have a lifetime supply of pellets on hand, but don’t think I am a hoarder :);)
In my opinion, the old pellets shoot as good as the newer ammo.
Not a big fan of the polymags.
1EB07997-E049-4552-9BC2-ED8CE637F74E.jpeg

Long time listener, first time caller. Did not find a search button, so apologies if this has been beat to death. Wanted to take pulse of hardcore shooters:

Finally took the .20 plunge last summer with some old Beeman tins, but current selection is discouraging. H&N told me the other day demand is so low they only plan to offer FTT & Barracudas. Looks like Predator Ploymags are the only hunting pellets of quality.

So, is .20 dead and everyone migrating to .25? What do ye purists say?
Slantsigfan;

My Beeman R10D in .20 caliber isn't dead but it is in "hibernation" for the moment. I've taken more greys with this springer than I can remember, the shots were unbelievable and its accuracy was out of this world. At that time, I was shooting Sheridan Round nose pellets that was later discontinued and I had to settle for Beeman Silver Bear pellets that are just as good. If I were ever to run out of "air" for my PCPs, I can always depend on my Beeman R10D in .20 caliber.

Slantsigfan;

My Beeman R10D in .20 caliber isn't dead but it is in "hibernation" for the moment. I've taken more greys with this springer than I can remember, the shots were unbelievable and its accuracy was out of this world. At that time, I was shooting Sheridan Round nose pellets that was later discontinued and I had to settle for Beeman Silver Bear pellets that are just as good. If I were ever to run out of "air" for my PCPs, I can always depend on my Beeman R10D in .20 caliber.
Hey Hooked,
Try the .20 caliber JSB 13.72 grain pellet. My R10 loves them:)

Reactions: patrikky
First time poster, so excuse me if I'm in the wrong thread. I've been shooting springers for a couple decades now. I decided to get a couple tins of .20 cal for my R9 and was shocked to find the selection had dwindled to two or three choices. My R9 likes the Beeman FTS or Kodiak extra heavies. Does anyone know what the weight of those two pellets are? It's not on my old tins. Thanks in advance.

As long as there is 22 caliber pellets around,
THERE will be 20 caliber pellets around, to shoot.

Thanks to Scott@Motorhead for leading the way,
which works very well, As I follow along behind.

The weight choice may not be the best available,
BUT I'll be able to shoot my 20 cal's,
I have 4 20 cal's now and I am building a Dragon Fly II in 20 caliber,
to go along with my Dan's.

The reason for the 20 cal Dragon Fly is the mag,
I have a very hard time loading the Dan's, being scoped,
the 10 rd DF mag will make life so much better, for me.
Long live the 20 cal.
YMMV,

First time poster, so excuse me if I'm in the wrong thread. I've been shooting springers for a couple decades now. I decided to get a couple tins of .20 cal for my R9 and was shocked to find the selection had dwindled to two or three choices. My R9 likes the Beeman FTS or Kodiak extra heavies. Does anyone know what the weight of those two pellets are? It's not on my old tins. Thanks in advance.
The Beeman FTS pellets in .20. cal. are 11.42 grains
The Kodiak x heavies are 13.27 grains.

why can't you hunt with FTT ? I do . and no .20 isn't dead as far as shooters go . But the Manufacturer's are not putting out .20 guns or very few anyway

Where is FX .20 ? or Brocock or any other high volume sales gun ? , Gamo .20 ??? .20 is sort of the best of two calibers .177 and .22
wonder if i can get a .20 barrel for my
Edgun leshiy classic ?

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956
Sent my Sheridan to Tim @ MAC-1 for a Steroided tune. Well worth it. Around 880 fps with 14 pumps. Smokin! It was built for a Survival Weapon. Normally 6 or 8 pumps is all that's needed but you can pump it up to higher pressure if needed. Much lighter than others I have. No scope, just a peep. Push button sling release. The rifle feels solid. It also gets harder to pump as the pressure builds.

Reactions: markiver